Flood Damage Pics Thread

somchaismith

having seen those kind of house/furniture before, i dont see that much damage.. its just a little bit wetter than usual

Yes, but admit that it looks a little more sad now than usual.

All the cheap pressed wood furniture he can throw away. But then that may be a good thing.

Normally we'd just say "ok, dry it out properly; anti fungal treatment; re-paint." but those kinds of houses are typically right next to a whole lot more just like them, and quite often they just stay in that state.

Time to move. (Was probably time to move before the flood, but ok)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

having seen those kind of house/furniture before, i dont see that much damage.. its just a little bit wetter than usual

:lol: yeah right, a wardrobe just collapsed and I floated it out onto the side of the soi,

Flood_Latest2011_003.jpg

"Melted" is The Word, in my opinion. I had several bookcases, a table, and my computer stand of that presswood, they pretty well just settled down to the water. One largish table is still standing but it does look a bit funny now, it's only 18 inches tall! Hmmm, might saw off the soaked portions and turn it into an eating table for the kids, they're kinda short anyway.

Mac

Mac seems to be dealing with a dismal situation with as much positive thinking as possible. Ad the man said "when life becomes shitty start selling fertilizer".

Its too bad they don't have the Salvation Army thrift stores where people could donate and those in need could replace needed items. Agencies like mentioned could go a long way to helping those in need, even without this kind of disaster.

Time to move.

Sure is. Even a two metre section of cement sheeting has fallen out of the front roof. Might have been caused by the weight of the water rocking the house.

New_Flood2011b_003.jpg

Must get the motorcycle to a garage, too. Hope there's not too much damage to the engine. Had it up on bricks, but this wasn't enough and consequently it's been sitting in a metre of water for this past month.

New_Flood2011b_001.jpg

(Was probably time to move before the flood, but ok)

In hindsight, yes it was :) .

Edited by somchaismith

My sister in law lives near don meung also ,they moved into their condo in central Bkk with the car ,just went back ,luckily the water only went into the village and onto their carport, not getting into the house ,there is a God or Buddah ,but now we have to bring everything downstairs again,oh joy. :(