Man Accused Of Beating 2Y Old Thai Boy To Death After Prolonged Abuse

webfact

CRIME

Man accused of beating boy, 2, to death after prolonged abuse

The Nation

A mother yesterday lodged a police complaint against her new husband for the brutal killing of her young boy.

"My friend said he often stomped on my son, bit him, banged his head against the wall and pushed his head into a toilet. He did all this when I was not in the room with them," Sirimongkhon Premprasai said.

Two-year-old Pongsakorn Imjad died from a ruptured spleen and liver and a broken skull.

Sirimongkhon told police that her husband, Mhai Rungwong, had assaulted the boy. She said when she was present, her husband just pinched her son.

When she returned to the room she shared with Mhai and the friend, Apisek Deeluan, on Friday night, her boy was barely conscious and only said, "Mom, bite bite".

Her husband told her that he did not know what had happened to her son.

"I rushed him to Sikharin Hospital from where he was referred to Chulalongkorn Hospital. He succumbed to his injuries there and I learned his autopsy results," she said.

After Mhai tried to send his stepson's body to a crematorium in the Bang Na area, she told her father and he contacted the Pavena Foundation for Children and Women, she said.

The founder, Pavena Hongsakul, accompanied the mother to Phra Khanong Police Station. "We have already sought help from the superintendent of Bang Na Police Station in taking custody of the boy's body," Pavena said.

Pol Lt-Colonel Rungchart Rungthong, deputy superintendent of Phra Khanong Police Station, said he would also question the mother's friend, Apisek, and gather evidence to take out an arrest warrant for Mhai.

Mhai and Sirimongkhon had been together for just a few months when, on November 15, she decided to bring her boy to live with them.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-11-28

Very ugly news indeed, on several points.

1. Where was everyone during the 'prolonged abuse' part? How much abuse is 'ok' before a mother decides... 'maybe I'm not going to keep my precious baby son around this psychotic asshol_e loser' anymore? The mother is definitely partly at fault here, and she will no doubt be stuck with guilt from the death (whether it is denied on the surface or not) for many years. Recommend sterilization to protect future potential children from her neglect.

2. I am very askance at Chula hospital's 'referral' to Sri Nakharin Wirot. It's not like they're right around the corner. Most likely, as a non-paying (or 'poor card' paying) customer, they simply turned her away for lack of funds. The delay possibly cost the life of the child. In a civilised country there would be an investigation to see if there was criminal liability, but good luck with that here.

I find this extraordinary. Thai people are so gentle and kind with their young kids (in fact over protective in many occasions) that to read of such a shocking event is unusual to say the least. Whatever the circumstances may the poor lad RIP and the perpetrator of this shocking crime get everything that he deserves.

I find this extraordinary. Thai people are so gentle and kind with their young kids (in fact over protective in many occasions) that to read of such a shocking event is unusual to say the least. Whatever the circumstances may the poor lad RIP and the perpetrator of this shocking crime get everything that he deserves.

Extraordinary? Really? I have always had the opinion that child abuse runs through many societies and the only thing that should surprise is how far the adult criminals go. As noted in the article, the first hospital she went to, with her battered child in her arms, sent her to another hospital. There is your gentleness to young kids. I guess money rules even for broken children.

Extraordinary? Really? I have always had the opinion that child abuse runs through many societies and the only thing that should surprise is how far the adult criminals go. As noted in the article, the first hospital she went to, with her battered child in her arms, sent her to another hospital. There is your gentleness to young kids. I guess money rules even for broken children.

horrible story, The Hospital should be ashamed of themselves as should the mother for letting it go on so long. As for the piece of garbage who beat the child - I hope he gets what he deserves

horrible story, The Hospital should be ashamed of themselves as should the mother for letting it go on so long. As for the piece of garbage who beat the child - I hope he gets what he deserves

Maybe the first hospital referred them on because the boy needed more treatment than they could provide.

Maybe the first hospital referred them on because the boy needed more treatment than they could provide.

Since we don't know all the details it's difficult to know but Chula is a public hospital where you go when you have little or no money.

1. Where was everyone during the 'prolonged abuse' part? How much abuse is 'ok' before a mother decides... 'maybe I'm not going to keep my precious baby son around this psychotic asshol_e loser' anymore? The mother is definitely partly at fault here, and she will no doubt be stuck with guilt from the death (whether it is denied on the surface or not) for many years. Recommend sterilization to protect future potential children from her neglect.

2. I am very askance at Chula hospital's 'referral' to Sri Nakharin Wirot. It's not like they're right around the corner. Most likely, as a non-paying (or 'poor card' paying) customer, they simply turned her away for lack of funds. The delay possibly cost the life of the child. In a civilised country there would be an investigation to see if there was criminal liability, but good luck with that here.

The child was referred TO Chula.

Socity again fails to protect its young. Sadly this happens in many countries. A mother in Scotland killed her THREE children & got 16 years (not enough). Prison justice recently saw her fall down a flight of stairs.

Why did the mother not leave with the boy when the abuse started.

Are Thai hospitals obligated to report suspected child abuse??

Quite common from what I hear, regarding stepfathers and stepmothers.... my own father had a stepfather from an early age... forced to fish and got fed the scraps and so on,

but when he became 16 he sorted him out and left the country.. I think there would be a lot of stepfathers / BF's that don't really want/ like their womans offspring..

Socity again fails to protect its young. Sadly this happens in many countries. A mother in Scotland killed her THREE children & got 16 years (not enough). Prison justice recently saw her fall down a flight of stairs.

Why did the mother not leave with the boy when the abuse started.

Are Thai hospitals obligated to report suspected child abuse??

Totally different set of circumstances for this other child killing cant be compared in any way.

There are reasons why to maintain the death penalty; whoever did this definitely deserves this. As to the mother, she should never ever again be able to have children. Such things do not "just happen".

Edited by sbk
off topic discussion removed

Am I wrong in assuming that if the mother had not gone to the police, then no action would have been forthcoming?

Unless the hopsital would have informed the police, which didn't seem to have happend.

The mother contacted the Pavena foundation, to make sure the police will take action. Not that the police in these kind of cases need much persuasion to take action.

What goes on behind the walls, nobody knows... And as you surely are aware of, appearances/keeping face are even more focused on in Thailand and Asia.

This is another sad story of another 2 yr old being beaten to death, why the two year olds? The last guy I read about on this forum beat a two year girl to death with a bat or a club and was given 18 months in the slammer. Hardly a deterrent I would say. <_<

To my knowledge Thai women can be extraordinarily neglectful of their children. In many respects they are turned over to the grandmother to rear. If the woman marries/lives with another man, the child might be turned over to an aunt or again, grandmother. Their father may "marry" other women and rarely see his progeny. The family system to me seems extremely fragmented and protection for children, women, pets, etc. is limited or nonexistent. Yet, when the parents cannot support themselves they will seek out the children for an allowance for their past support of their offspring.

""My friend said he often stomped on my son, bit him, banged his head against the wall and pushed his head into a toilet. He did all this when I was not in the room with them," Sirimongkhon Premprasai said."

Yet the mother and her friends did nothing. Thai's just won't get involved in another person's affairs for fear of someone losing face. A child is murdered because essentially, no-one wanted the child abuser to lose face. Tragic, but it won't be the last time this sort of thing happens.

You may remember a group in the '30s and '40s who sterilised thousands of people because they felt they should not have children.

This group I'm referring to were called the Nazis.

You should be very careful what you wish for.

I wouldn't say the mother it to blame, she was at work and had to work long days - at which point we can deduct (but not prove) that pro-longed abuse was rendered upon the boy due to his high number of different internal injuries, not only the fresh ones he succumbed to.

Off topic posts have been removed or edited, this topic is about this specific case. Please follow forum rules here, thanks

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

Especially when it comes to a completely UNRELATED court case involving Lese Majeste. That direction for this thread is ending now. I do hope this is clear to members.