Thai Flood Recovery Cost Estimated At 25 Billion Dollars

webfact

Perhaps a policy of gradual-relocation might be a step in the right direction, nominating a new future-capital, and building new government-buildings there, as old ones wear-out or fall-down ?

Commercial enterprises would be free to move, as and when they wanted, when the commercial-argument dictated. Up to them !

The new location should have good communication-links to the old capital, and be on higher ground, just-in-case. For-example the new high-speed railway-network, whether Thai-plan or Chinese-scheme, might pass close to the new centre and create a new hub for logistics, new low-cost housing for-the-poor might be located there, rather than in Bangkok, new low-risk industrial-estates might be offered to foreign-companies who wished to relocate from their old flood-plain locations.

The long-term aim, of a new better-planned less-prone-to-flooding capital, might thus be achieved over an extended period of time, with less economic-disruption or cost ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum is filled with so many negative opinions, filled with filthy vents, that ThaiVisa really disgusts me.

The culture belonging to the main demographic of this website is a lot different than what you are used to.

I agree with you, but you just need to skim over the first few pages of a thread to get the main idea of the story and what people think about that topic. Don't waste your time reading every single reply, and when a thread turns political it's best to just close the window. I would say a majority of conversations in the news section end up with the same fate.

The other subforums are pretty good though.

Thank you for your tip. There are good posts, although rare.

And yes the news section seems to turn political quite quickly.

I still find it hard to accept though, that ThaiVisa's news forum turns into a venting machine. Seems headlines are chosen to attract such responses.

Putting the children in charge of water valves gets very expensive!

That is disgraceful infering children are that stupid ! surely you mean putting the dillusional and mentally challanged in charge of flood control gets very expensive ( for the rest of the popoulation that is )

Was there any flood control had been executed lately? Maybe there was but too bad I could not see it in action. What I could see is desperate decision making due to the unexpected scenario. Sorry to say even now I doubt that the authorities have clear idea about what was going on and how to mitigate it in future.

Edited by ResX