Chiang Mai Immigration Online Q

moe666

Just made my reservation for an extension of stay. I wanted to sch. for the first week in jan. but the better times are all taken leaving only a few early or late appointments. I went into the middle of the month for a time that suited me.if you are going to need a reservation with immigration I wouldn't wait till the last minute to sch. one as this service appears to be popular.

Yes, it doesn't help when <deleted> reserve for 90-day reports. :annoyed:

don't need to queue for 90 day reports just go to middle desk - someone on here suggested you DO need to queue and that hasn't helped

Don't know about Udon but here in CM you need to queue for 90 day reports.

Edited by Semper

don't need to queue for 90 day reports just go to middle desk - someone on here suggested you DO need to queue and that hasn't helped

The reports of 'not needing to queue' for 90 day reports are somewhat misleading.

In the contex and topic of online booking,it is quite true that you do not need to queue for a 90 day report...but the immigration dept do still issue a ticket from the machine when you arrive for all transactions that are not internet booked.

So book your visa extensions via the internet site.. and for 90 day reports get a ticket from the machine and wait for your number to be displayed.

• Like 1

The reports of 'not needing to queue' for 90 day reports are somewhat misleading.

In the contex and topic of online booking,it is quite true that you do not need to queue for a 90 day report...but the immigration dept do still issue a ticket from the machine when you arrive for all transactions that are not internet booked.

So book your visa extensions via the internet site.. and for 90 day reports get a ticket from the machine and wait for your number to be displayed.

+1

+1

+2

Otherwise you are essentially a queue jumper. ;)

Details are in the pinned topic: Immigration On-line queue system

There have been reports of people being told just to go to the 90-day desk when they ask the ticket machine staffer for a ticket. Apparently, during some times of the day the 90-day report desk is open and everyone can walk up to submit their report. Personally, I've never experienced this, although there have been times when they displayed my ticket number within 30 seconds of my getting the ticket. In general, someone needs a ticket to submit a 90 day report and technically, yes, it is a queue but it isn't "the queue" that is served by the on-line queue system.

Please, everyone, use the on-line queue system for more complex appointments, like annual extensions due to retirement, marriage or business, not something simple like submitting a 90 day report, getting a re-entry permit or letter of residency.

• Like 1

Having read in an earlier post that Immigration now has someone on duty during their lunch hour to accept 90-day reports, I dropped in around 12:30 last Thursday. When I arrived there was no one at the desk, but I decided to stand arund and wait. After less than a minute a smartly uniformed youngish man arrived and asked "90-day report?" I answered in the affirmative and handed him my papers. He took a very quick look at my TM47, opened my passport for an equally quick look, signed my form and added his signature and the relevant stamps, tore off the receipt and stapled it to the passport and handed it back to me.

In and out in less than three minutes, probably closer to two. No guarantees for others with 90-day reports to make, but I was a very happy customer :)

/ Priceless

The most I have ever waited was 45 minutes.

Why the rush to save some time when you are retired and don't have any thing pressing to do.

f there is some thing pressing schedule your time for another day. Or mail it in.

I hope I never get that busy in my retirement that once every 90 days I can not comfortably schedule in a couple of hours to insure my stay in such a friendly beautiful country.:)

There are those that are married that need to report too, amongst various other categories. But I don't think booking online for 90 day report is neccesary for the vast majority, if any.

The most I have ever waited was 45 minutes.

Why the rush to save some time when you are retired and don't have any thing pressing to do.

f there is some thing pressing schedule your time for another day. Or mail it in.

I hope I never get that busy in my retirement that once every 90 days I can not comfortably schedule in a couple of hours to insure my stay in such a friendly beautiful country.:)

I live in Chiang Mai - i have never queued for 90 reporting and have always been told 'go to middle desk' which I have done and never queued. I dont know why but there it is.

Those of us on retirement extensions hand in our 90 day reports at the window/desk on the west side. That would be the window/desk that is on the right if your'e standing in the waiting area looking at the row of immigration officers. I've never figured out what the "middle desK was used for. Just seems that every so often some poor intern comes to that desk with a passport and calls out a name and nationality and returns a passport to someone who had been waiting after an extension interview.

• Like 1

I've never figured out what the "middle desK was used for
I've heard that it's used for letter of residence as you don't need to take a queue number for that service.

It could be used for other things as well, but yes, this is where you turn in your request for a residence letter and pick it up when it's ready and they call you, and there is no queue number for that service.

I'm with Nancy, it seems like the middle desk is used by interns to return passports and maybe answer any queries from people that walk up to that spot.

To be honest I've never ever seen a Certificate of Residence issued from the middle desk, I've only seen it issued on the far right desk by the wall. It's sort of nicely tucked away against the wall (for obvious reasons),

I'm with Nancy, it seems like the middle desk is used by interns to return passports and maybe answer any queries from people that walk up to that spot.

To be honest I've never ever seen a Certificate of Residence issued from the middle desk, I've only seen it issued on the far right desk by the wall. It's sort of nicely tucked away against the wall (for obvious reasons),

Yup, that's been my observation, too. I wonder if anyone ever looks at those Letters of Residency. Twice I've caught major problems, like listing the wrong tambon, on a letter returned to me. I guess it's good I can read Thai, but makes me wonder how many others go out with errors and if anyone ever looks at them once they're issued.

Wonderful news indeed the on-line queue system , big improvement for most of us .

Anyway , I made an appointment for my mother in January , but only after today I made an appointment for myself in July 2012 , and saw that they gave me a queue code , rather surprised cause I did not saw one when I made one for my mother....

So what to do now ? got an appointment but can't cancel it or print it cause no code ....stupid me , perhaps make another appointment and leave the old one for what it is ...also no email from imm I made the appointment , bit confused now .

:jap:

ps , just received my own confirmation by email from imm ...my mother says she never received one , or perhaps she thought it was spam ....anyway her code is lost . :blink:

Edited by tijnebijn

I doubt many, if any, are taking appointments for 90 day reporting. If there are any, they are people who are just finding out about the online system for the first time and don't understand how it works. Most everyone knows it's the far right window when you walk in, and that everyone gets a machine queue number. Too much time is given by some to this b.s. Common sense says not to wait until the last minute to do anything official in Thailand.

Edited by Lifer

I just made a reservation and the display has an entry field that says "Reason for extensino visa". Let's hope the people using the OQ know how to read and that this entry is truly required. It would be nice if the next improvement to the OQ would include a drop-down list for the extension reasons.

Edited by vagabond48

• 1 month later...

Surprised that no one has mentioned that you can do your 90-day check-in by mail. I've been doing it that way for years. I visit the immigration office in Chiang Mai once a year to renew my visa. You just need to send in your form, a copy of the relevant pages of your passport, and a copy of your last 90-day confirmation. Best to send it via EMS so that it's trackable. You must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope so that they can return your new 90-day form to you.

Waiting in queue sucks, and the queue at the post office is way shorter than the queue at immigration. Granted, i live in Lampang, so it also allows me to avoide the trip up there every three months.

Anyway , I made an appointment for my mother in January , but only after today I made an appointment for myself in July 2012 , and saw that they gave me a queue code , rather surprised cause I did not saw one when I made one for my mother....

So what to do now ? got an appointment but can't cancel it or print it cause no code ....stupid me , perhaps make another appointment and leave the old one for what it is ...also no email from imm I made the appointment , bit confused now .

ps , just received my own confirmation by email from imm ...my mother says she never received one , or perhaps she thought it was spam ....anyway her code is lost . blink.gif

I don't think you'll have a problem. They just shout out your name around the specified time and don't need to see the code. Just turn up a little earlier than the appointed time and wait to be called.

CMMCB

I booked an appointment on-line to renew my one year retirement visa. I had all the documents in order along with the American Consulate letter confirming my monthly income. I signed in at the front desk and was called about 20 minutes after my appointed time slot. I was never asked to show any additional proof of income although I did have that in case they would ask. It took an hour an a half to finish the process. The on-line appointment system is a big improvement over showing up early in the morning and spending the day at immigration. Hopefully, there are plans in the future to expand immigration and add more staff to process these one year visas.