Briton Detained After Thai Girlfriend Jumps Off 7th Floor Of Pattaya Hotel

webfact

Unbelievable!! Woman Jumps Off The 7th Floor Hotel Balcony

367.jpg459.jpg

A 22-year-old Pattaya woman jumped off from the 7th floor of a luxury boutique hotel after a quarrel with UK boy friend who said "I didn't do it". The police is still suspicious. The boy friend is being investigated and the seriously injured girlfriend will be interviewed as soon as she regains consciousness.

Pattaya, November 28, 2011 [PDN] Pol. Lt. Col. Veeravuth Meelai, Pattaya police station, Chonburi was notified about a “jumper”, a young woman who leaped off a balcony at Vogue Hotel Pattaya, located in Soi Leng Kee, Third Pattaya road, Central Pattaya, Moo 9, Banglamung, Chonburi province.

At the scene of the accident the police found the injured 22-year-old Thai woman named Ms. Ratchanu Taweerat laying unconscious on the grass with blood from her mouth and nose.

Mr. David John age 25, her British boy friend in a state of shock was sitting beside her including hotel staff plus curious local and international onlookers.

The rescue team provided first aid accordingly and the injured woman was sent to Pattaya Memorial Hospital.

Upon investigation Mr. David, the boy friend of the injured said that he and his girl friend stayed in room 2710 on the 7th floor. [more...]

Full story/pictures: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2011/11/29/unbelievable-woman-jumps-off-the-7th-floor-hotel-balcony/

-- pattayadailynews.com 2011-11-29

footer_n.gif

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very lucky young lady indeed. A 7th floor jump by a farang is suicidal. I hope she makes it.

I also hope the truth comes out and this British guy is not stitched up by the police or her family.

Edited by ratcatcher

Strange... there are several farang suicides(and suspicious deaths) every month in Thailand but I've never seen the girlfriend "detained"...

Looks like he will be "stitched up" as Ratcatcher suggested, particularly if its Pattaya police involved...

But if he did throw her off, Im sure he'll get his punishment at the Bangkok Hilton.

Either way hope she recovers, surviving 7 floors is incredible.

Briton Detained After Thai Girlfriend Jumps Off 7th Floor Of Pattaya Hotel

Join the photo contest for the Thaivisa Calendar 2012

....sorry but if TV sends its advertisements in the future they have to be more carefull...I read something totally different in this.... :jap:

Can't jump (excuse the pun) to conclusions. The full story must be heard before judgements can be made.

Although I will be very surprised if she actually did jump by choice. I doubt it, unless she was out of her brain on drugs or something ..... but I wonder if he was/is "in shock" because she's survived !??

He's being questioned yet when a Farang jumps/falls the GF is always presumed innocent.

Why don't we just wait until the girl wakes up? It's so easy to jump to conclusions. Le't hope that she'll survive. Chances in this country are not too high, Sorry, but I know what I'm talking about. jap.gif

A very lucky young lady indeed. A 7th floor jump by a farang is suicidal. I hope she makes it.

I also hope the truth comes out and this British guy is not stitched up by the police or her family.

Maybe not so lucky. A fall from that height usually is accompanied by massive bone fractures including the spine.

Im not surprised by the jump, Bg"s are very much into self harm you only need to see the scars all over the arms and body.

Can't jump (excuse the pun) to conclusions. The full story must be heard before judgements can be made.

Although I will be very surprised if she actually did jump by choice. I doubt it, unless she was out of her brain on drugs or something ..... but I wonder if he was/is "in shock" because she's survived !??

Why????

Is it more believable her 'boyfriend' threw her off the balcony???!

I've read news reports of a few jilted thai girls that attemp suicide (mostly succesfully) after the boyfriend/husbands breaks it off with them.

We don't know the full story, but from personal experience I've had 2 exes threaten suicide on breaking up. I realise 'threatening to' and acutally doing it are 2 different things, but for me at least, I find it totally plausible.

Here's hoping she has a full recovery, and that the guy doesn't get stitched up.

What a squalid, cesspool of a destination Pattaya is. The Brit is already dressed for prison by the looks of his pants....and nice tats! And 'luxury' boutique hotel? Jeesh....who writes this claptrap? One only need look at tripadvisor to see it's far from 'luxury'. Regardless, hope the lass recovers.

Although I will be very surprised if she actually did jump by choice. I doubt it, unless she was out of her brain on drugs or something .....

A drug called "love"... would not be surprised at all if she jumped by choice, 22 yr old Pattaya girls can get crazy and do stupid things if they fear loosing their bf-sponsor-nice life ...

Why????

I've read news reports of a few jilted thai girls that attemp suicide (mostly succesfully) after the boyfriend/husbands breaks it off with them.

We don't know the full story, but from personal experience I've had 2 exes threaten suicide on breaking up. I realise 'threatening to' and acutally doing it are 2 different things, but for me at least, I find it totally plausible.

Here's hoping she has a full recovery, and that the guy doesn't get stitched up.

i would say FAR more believable he threw her off. extremely egotistical peoples. thai suicide rates are very low...(1/3rd of the world rate) and just a guess that a lot of these deaths reported as suicides were actually murders

Hope the girl survives. Points out the risk that farangs face. At the mercy of what a Thai says happened. Very difficult to refute that. Even if able to refute it, invariably will cost a tidy sum to walk away. Just think how many times you've been in a situation where a Thai "hustler" has an opportunity to connect the dots on a paycheck. Then on top of that you're at the mercy of the Thai justice system and the Thai hustler combining forces under the table. Looks like heavy house odds here.

Why don't people ever learn? If yer Falang, get a GROUND FLOOR unit. Then "involuntary suicides" will be one less headache to worry about.

And get flooded a couple of times a year.... Alternatively, choose carefully who you get involved with!

He's being questioned yet when a Farang jumps/falls the GF is always presumed innocent.

Why don't we just wait until the girl wakes up? It's so easy to jump to conclusions. Le't hope that she'll survive. Chances in this country are not too high, Sorry, but I know what I'm talking about. jap.gif

You are assuming she will tell the truth!

Why????

totally agree with you on these 3 points

Edited by Randee

Why????

i would say FAR more believable he threw her off. extremely egotistical peoples. thai suicide rates are very low...(1/3rd of the world rate) and just a guess that a lot of these deaths reported as suicides were actually murders

Very true and correct

What a squalid, cesspool of a destination Pattaya is. The Brit is already dressed for prison by the looks of his pants....and nice tats! And 'luxury' boutique hotel? Jeesh....who writes this claptrap? One only need look at tripadvisor to see it's far from 'luxury'. Regardless, hope the lass recovers.

Pattaya is a smaller version of BKK and a larger version of Patong. ALL make serious cash from sleaze. Luxury like looks is in the eye of the beholder, :o

Strange... there are several farang suicides(and suspicious deaths) every month in Thailand but I've never seen the girlfriend "detained"...

Looks like he will be "stitched up" as Ratcatcher suggested, particularly if its Pattaya police involved...

But if he did throw her off, Im sure he'll get his punishment at the Bangkok Hilton.

C'mon ... it's a little bit harder to believe that a small Thai woman can toss a farang guy off a balcony rather than the other way around. Sure, knock yourself out blaring about how things are biased against farangs in LOS, but keep it real pls.

Why????

You're definitely right. I mean there are obviously more murderers in the world than people who commit suicide :whistling:

Anyway, Thailand ranks 59th out of 202 countries for suicides per capita which puts it in the top 30% worldwide. Thats more than China, Iran and Mexico combined per capita.

Edited by Kananga

This is a very sad story and no doubt booze was involved, I have said this many times any Brit when staying in sin city should insist on ground floor and leave the upper rooms for the Russians.

Why????

Who is/are "extremely egotisitcal peoples"? Did you know the guy? Or you mean Britons? Or foreigners?