Air Asia Are A Joke

JollyRoger

Do these companies think we are idiots. They advertise a flight to Nong Phen for 1,400 baht and then when you get into the site they tell you that this is only a single flight and if you want seats it will be extra etc, etc. The final figure will end up 4,000 baht plus as I found today. Don't they understand that they are winding you up. Back in Europe they wouldn't be allowed to advertise this garbage so why are they here. TIT I guess. :annoyed:

Same same Ryanair and similar companies. Ryanair are in Europe too. Not so long ago they wanted to charge people £1 to use the toilet in flight :annoyed: Seats where you stand and do not sit. A cheap nasty airline is simply that.

I thought most people knew about Air Asia and their extras. Many complaints have been made in the Travel section of the Forum.

DepartFD 3320 Bangkok (BKK) to Ubon Ratchathani (UBP)Monday, 30 January 2012Depart 0730 Arrive 0840Promo (BKK - UBP)638.32 THB1 Guest @ 638.32 THB100.00 THBAirport Tax51.68 THBVATReturnFD 3321 Ubon Ratchathani (UBP) to Bangkok (BKK)Monday, 13 February 2012Depart 0930 Arrive 1040Promo (UBP - BKK)688.32 THB1 Guest @ 688.32 THB50.00 THBAirport Tax51.68 THBVAT

1,580.00 THB Total

Return Including airport tax vat and yes even a seat!

Looks like a deal to me!!!!

Edited by kevkev1888

I have only flown with them once, from Bangkok to Singapore, about 5 years ago, the price was as advertised, we got a good deal on a hotel with them, and the staff were extremely caring and courteous in looking after my elderly Thai mother-in-law. There were plenty of seats for everyone on board. From my previous experience, I'd certainly fly with them again, I've been on much worse airlines, and paid a lot more money, for inferior service, than that provided by Air Asia.

"1,400 baht and then when you get into the site they tell you that this is only a single flight and if you want seats it will be extra etc, etc. The final figure will end up 4,000 baht plus"

1400 to 4000?

Rubbish. If your going to create a thread at least actually DO the research

I have frequently flown with Air asia - you get great prices and you get what you pay for. They often have long lines with few attendants at Swampy, not great food for high prices etc, but you have to expect that with a discount airline. My only complaint is the hard to use internet booking which often defaults to options I do not want like flight insurance, seat selection, baggage, plus others. You have to remove these options or you will be billed for them and that affects the final price greatly.

Probably Phnom Penh.

If you are an early bird you can have good deals with AIR ASIA, usualy some month in the front booking necessary during Promotion booking periods.

But I am unsteady so difficult to know where i heading, many month upfront.

The cheapest Airline in Thailands Domestic travelling in shorter-one week upfront bookings is, as far as I see, ORIENT THAI, free 20kg luggage allowance, free drinks and snack, free schoosing of seat and less hidden costs!

Also NOK AIR is, often a better deal-free luggage, free snack and drinks and less hidden costs than AIR ASIA, Formula 1, Motorbike Sponsoring and Football teams cost a lot money.whistling.gifjap.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

I love the Jolly Roger! There is no place in Kampuchea called Nong Phen. There is a place called Nong Phen near Nong Khai. The good news is that they have Beer Lao and occassionally Khao Jii Pate. Bon Appetit. I like Air Asia: have flown to Yangon and Phnom Penh numerous times without a complaint. Before the bogus liquid regulations, I would drink a 6 pack of Leo cans while enroute to Myanmar. Salute!

-Jolly Roger-

Maybe fly BKK - Trang Mid Jan - June 2012 booking now with Air Asia.

I checked, return flights 1.380.- Baht net + Creditcard fee (100 Baht one way?), but no Checked luggage

Is a good deal, no short flight! And a beautiful mostly unspoiled part of beach and islands of Thailand, in comparison to, Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Chang.

Similar to the coast south of Surat Thani ond North of Songkhla-Nakhon Sri Thammarat.jap.gif

Air Asia could polish up its image by having a more "customer friendly" booking site. It purposely zig zags you through extra costs and you have to make sure you carefully, read the pop-ups in order to NOT get charged for : checked in baggage; insurance; upgraded seating... and yes, one is still charged a booking fee for selecting their seat though there is no other choice. Nok Air has an easier, quicker booking system so I go with them when it is a domestic flight. I will book a flight on Air Asia only when I have a good 30 minutes to slowly tip-toe through its tricky booking procedure. The prices ARE usually cheaper than other airlines.

Where is Nong Phen?

Cambodia?

If so 4k return is not that bad. Would cost more on fuel to drive...

Still to much...some people want everything for free. Most of us consumers have figured out that the advertised price of airline tickets bears little relation to the final cost (at least in Asia). I, for one, don't actually mind paying what it actually costs to fly me to someplace (plus a little extra in profit) as it helps keeps airlines in business and makes my travels around the world easier than walking; and you don't constantly have airlines going in and out of bankruptcy like in the United States.

I have traveled using AA extensively in Asia and have generally found their service to be very good, their planes very new, their prices very competitive, and their air-waitresses very hot :lol: :jap:

Booked BKK-CNX return during Songkran 2012.

THB 1780 incl. 15 kg luggage.

Seems a bargain to me.

The only thing that's turns me off is the Insurance option.........several times they try to "sell" it to you and every time you really have to decline the offer.

There is always a seat, but you pay extra for a chosen seat and even more for a "hot"-seat (privilege boarding en more leg-room).

Air Asia could polish up its image by having a more "customer friendly" booking site. It purposely zig zags you through extra costs and you have to make sure you carefully, read the pop-ups in order to NOT get charged for : checked in baggage; insurance; upgraded seating... and yes, one is still charged a booking fee for selecting their seat though there is no other choice. Nok Air has an easier, quicker booking system so I go with them when it is a domestic flight. I will book a flight on Air Asia only when I have a good 30 minutes to slowly tip-toe through its tricky booking procedure. The prices ARE usually cheaper than other airlines.

Use the mobile booking site. Much easier and no scam with "insurance".

Flying one way from Bangkok to Udon Thani next week, 8 Decembe. Had a quote from Thai Air, nearly twice more expensive than Air Asia. The AA website certainly got me swearing at all the boxes you had to tick/un-tick. Here are the details,

1 guest,(no passengers on this flight), 825.24 thb

Airport Tax 100 thb

VAT 65.77 thb

1x pick a seat 65 thb

1x processing fee 90 thb

VAT 45.85 thb

1x extra large suitcase 30kg 500 thb

Total 1690.86

Sawatdee to all members, from a newbie to UT. Will be stayng at Udoncabana, will do a post on this in a few weeks,as asked for in accommodation forum. Most other accomodation booked up. Hope to meet some of you in the bars, would be gratefull if someone would tell me which bars have free pool, whilst drinking of course. Thanks, from a cold Wales, 3 deg at 05-26, Martin.

Fly regularly with them, no problems booking online, you just have to read the web page, not too difficult is it? :blink:

You can even go back a page if you make a mistake.

And as another poster said, the flight attendants are :wub: ooooooh that little red dress :w00t:

Do these companies think we are idiots.

Maybe you are.

They advertise a flight to Nong Phen for 1,400 baht and then when you get into the site they tell you that this is only a single flight and if you want seats it will be extra etc, etc.

No they don't

The final figure will end up 4,000 baht plus as I found today. Don't they understand that they are winding you up.

Winding you up because you can't be bothered to check a few boxes?

Back in Europe they wouldn't be allowed to advertise this garbage so why are they here.

This business practice was copied from Europe.

TIT I guess

No, Air Asia is a Malaysian company

:rolleyes:

I have never flown with them or Ryanair and never would, to me they are like governments in the way that governments find more and more ways to screw taxes out of you so do these budget outfits, you can see where they got their templates from. Not so much Highwaymen as Flywaymen :angry: .

I have never flown with them or Ryanair and never would, to me they are like governments in the way that governments find more and more ways to screw taxes out of you so do these budget outfits, you can see where they got their templates from. Not so much Highwaymen as Flywaymen :angry: .

Air Asia - a great airline with great deals if it suits your schedule. I fly with them all the time!

What's wrong with this? Note it's 364 THB for two, return Udon Thani-Phuket B)

FD3985

Economy Promo UdonThani (UTH) Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1650 hrs ( 4:50PM) Phuket (HKT)Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1840 hrs ( 6:40PM)

FD3984

Economy Promo Phuket (HKT)Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1440 hrs ( 2:40PM)UdonThani (UTH)Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1625 hrs ( 4:25PM)

Flight

2 Guest 40.00 THB

Airport Tax 300.00 THB

Value Added Tax 23.80 THB

Sub Total 363.80 THB

Services & Fees

Sub Total 0.00 THB

Total Amount 363.80 THB

Total VAT 23.80 THB

Total Paid 363.80 THB

Balance 0.00 THB

What's wrong with this? Note it's 364 THB for two, return Udon Thani-Phuket B)

FD3985

Economy Promo UdonThani (UTH) Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1650 hrs ( 4:50PM) Phuket (HKT)Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1840 hrs ( 6:40PM)

FD3984

Economy Promo Phuket (HKT)Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1440 hrs ( 2:40PM)UdonThani (UTH)Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1625 hrs ( 4:25PM)

Flight

2 Guest 40.00 THB

Airport Tax 300.00 THB

Value Added Tax 23.80 THB

Sub Total 363.80 THB

Services & Fees

Sub Total 0.00 THB

Total Amount 363.80 THB

Total VAT 23.80 THB

Total Paid 363.80 THB

Balance 0.00 THB

Well done! You obviously know how to use their website, some great deals to be had with AirAsia if you have a brain ;)