I Have Heard

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reliably informed by a Thai land agent that yes land tax is going up a lot in Jan due to new government...i guess they want to catch up on money they havent had ......it wont help in buying or seliing land as now people wont want to buy till they bring tax down to reasonable level.

I was told that the tax on land would be less if the property has not changed hands in 5 years? Or was it 3?

Any information on this??

I believe that the taxes do go DOWN after time, or was the case when I bought all them moons ago. Just basically hitting the flippers hard

1323075355[/url]' post='4892257']

Yes correct, the same time the second airport in Samui opens next door to Dave Beckhams house, and not forgetting same time as the Patong tunnel

Hope you are prepared for a major apology if taxes go up? I hear again they will - hope not but lets see. I have just completed 2 sales and 1 purchase this month so let's see if I needed to or not?

Or maybe your 'second airport on Samui' helpful comment was right and my info was way off the mark - I really hope the info was as wrong as your taking the piss suggests! Either way I think I was prudent to get the deals done this year.

1324197558[/url]' post='4920380']

I was told that the tax on land would be less if the property has not changed hands in 5 years? Or was it 3?

Any information on this??

Yes but that's not what we are referring to here - taxes are staged the longer you own the property but this is different and I refer to the standard tax rates

1324192937[/url]' post='4920239']

I have been reliably informed by a Thai land agent that yes land tax is going up a lot in Jan due to new government...i guess they want to catch up on money they havent had ......it wont help in buying or seliing land as now people wont want to buy till they bring tax down to reasonable level.

I have heard the same from a few sources - but no one really knows yet and probably wont for awhile. But I have sold 2 rooms and bought 1 on the basis that this is a high possibility.

OK, some may notice that I've taken an axe to this thread.

Let's keep it on topic which is 'are taxes on sale of real estate going up'?

'Real Estate' could be land, houses or condos.

It is not about the definition of a room or condo unit, whether an usufruct can be sold, or anything else that's not about real estate taxes.

Thank you for your attention.

As the original OP I think we should stick to what I referred to as 'land office taxes'.

I must say that a certain poster is coming across very arrogantly - we all refer to condo rooms as rooms.

Back to the subject. We await to see if these 'increases' are real or not. We hope not.

Since we're now speaking generically I've heard both 'land office taxes'/ 'real estate taxes' (imprecisely termed but different things) are going up, I've also heard they are going down.

I suspect the former but am not rushing to sell anything on that basis (tax tail, commercial dog).

But I consider all these whispers, rumours, comments from 'sources' / interested parties to be mere speculation

- rather than any sort of confirmation which was what the OP requested.

Since we're now speaking generically I've heard both 'land office taxes'/ 'real estate taxes' (imprecisely termed but different things) are going up, I've also heard they are going down.

I suspect the former but am not rushing to sell anything on that basis (tax tail, commercial dog).

But I consider all these whispers, rumours, comments from 'sources' / interested parties to be mere speculation

- rather than any sort of confirmation which was what the OP requested.

yes we don't know but it was from a few sources who 'should' know hence I was asking for any confirmation. Let's hope it's just a silly rumour.

• 3 weeks later...