Urgent Electric Bikes Or Trikes

mallmagician

Hi all. I'm in the city with my mother in law having been sent to a shop that sold electric tricycles. It didn't. So we are now sat in pantip plaza. I thought I would see if one of you lot could point us in the right direction.

Possibilities..Electric bike

Electric trike

Normal trike peddle power

Three wheel scooter-auto only

Golf buggy

Electric ATV.

Auto ATV.

Budget around 20I...

Ideas?

Tricycle Shwinn bikes are available in Thailand. Did see them at Song N E corner.

I was surprised to see an actual Schwinn dealer when I was in Hat Yai. Reminded me of when I was a kid. They even had some classic NOS (new old stock) bikes there from the 1960's for sale. Price tag = 100,000 Baht.

Tricycle Shwinn bikes are available in Thailand. Did see them at Song N E corner.

I was surprised to see an actual Schwinn dealer when I was in Hat Yai. Reminded me of when I was a kid. They even had some classic NOS (new old stock) bikes there from the 1960's for sale. Price tag = 100,000 Baht.

The Schwinns available today are in no way related to the Schwinns of our youth. Schwinn went bankrupt in 2001 and the name has been sold several times since. Back in the day, they were American made, then assembled in America from mostly Chinese parts. Now they are completely made in China. The only thing they really have in common with the Schwinns we remember is the decals.

[email protected]

Here are specifications on our Ecobrand mobility scooters. · 4-Wheel Portable Mobility Scooter Maximum Forward Speed: 8.5 km/hr Maximum Reverse Speed: 4.8 km/hr Motor: 300 watt Batteries: 2 x 12v 12ah Range (Average): 16 km Maximum Load: 140 kg Ground Clearance: 40 mm Turning Radius: 120 cm Climbing Capacity: 12 degrees Overall Length: 1.07 m Overall Width: 0.58 m Overall Height: 0.88 m Total Weight: 53 kg Heaviest Piece: 19.5 kg Tires (Front): 2” x 8.5” solid Tires (Rear) 3” x 9.0” solid Colors: Blue & Red Manufacturer: China · Classic Deluxe Mobility Scooter Maximum Forward Speed: 8.5 km/hr Maximum Reverse Speed: 4.8 km/hr Motor: 600 watt Batteries: 2 x 12v 38ah Range (Average): 25 km Maximum Load: 140 kg Ground Clearance: 160 mm Turning Radius: 150 cm Climbing Capacity: 12 degrees Overall Length: 1.78 m Overall Width: 0.68 m Overall Height: 1.20 m Total Weight: 112 kg Tires 13” Colors: Blue & Red Manufacturer: China Please let us know if you need any additional information. Thank you. Best regards, Rob Thompson 081-875-0860

Maybe those were NOS bikes but Schwinn is also making new bikes in the old style and they appear to be doing reasonably well at marketing them. The ones that I've seen in Thailand cost (if memory serves) somewhere in the 15,000 range rather than the 100,000 range and are generally mechanically simple 3 speed bikes.

The Schwinns available today are in no way related to the Schwinns of our youth. Schwinn went bankrupt in 2001 and the name has been sold several times since. Back in the day, they were American made, then assembled in America from mostly Chinese parts. Now they are completely made in China. The only thing they really have in common with the Schwinns we remember is the decals.

correct el Jefe quality of the parts was very poor.

Just a quick follow up - sorry for the delay.

Yes, we picked one up in Big C, and the Mother In Law loves it. :)

THanks everyone for the input.

They still have a few there if anyone wants to grab one.

Phil

Phil, any possibility that you could post a picture and price please? :jap:

Maybe those were NOS bikes but Schwinn is also making new bikes in the old style and they appear to be doing reasonably well at marketing them. The ones that I've seen in Thailand cost (if memory serves) somewhere in the 15,000 range rather than the 100,000 range and are generally mechanically simple 3 speed bikes.

They also had some of the new ones in the 15,000 price range but what sparked my interest enough to even go inside the shop was the NOS bikes. I wasn't sure what they were at first (they looked so good), but when I went inside and spoke with the owner he assured me that the bikes were originals from the 1960's made in the USA. He had 4 of them on display at the time. He said there is a shop in Japan that has more than 100 NOS bikes in there. I didn't ask about the new ones or where they were made. I was really quite shocked to see a Schwinn dealership in Hat Yai as I was walking down the street one day. What a blast from the past.

Some time ago I decided to buy an electric scooter for the missis. Not cheap some starting at 29000 baht. The regular bicycles about 6000 baht at the time.

Now, here`s the problem:

The batteries have a lifespan of from 2 years up to 4 years depending how they are used. For example how often the batteries are recharged and so on.

Many of the big stores that sell these electric scooters and bicycles do not stock any spare batteries, which means once the batteries are finished, the owner could be left with a useless piece of junk.

My advice is; first check if and where the replacement batteries are availible before purchasing an electric bike.

They also had some of the new ones in the 15,000 price range but what sparked my interest enough to even go inside the shop was the NOS bikes. I wasn't sure what they were at first (they looked so good), but when I went inside and spoke with the owner he assured me that the bikes were originals from the 1960's made in the USA. He had 4 of them on display at the time. He said there is a shop in Japan that has more than 100 NOS bikes in there. I didn't ask about the new ones or where they were made. I was really quite shocked to see a Schwinn dealership in Hat Yai as I was walking down the street one day. What a blast from the past.

Wonder who buys those 100,000 Baht NOS Schwinns.

Wonder who buys those 100,000 Baht NOS Schwinns.

Maybe the rich Chinese or Malaysian tourists that flock to Hat Yai each day? :o

I was going to guess that it would be antiuque collectors of some sort, can't imaging that a lot of people would be buying them to ride them as their primary bike. While a fair number of enthusiasts do spend 100,000+ baht on road bikes and mountain bikes these days, a NOS Schwinn (assuming NOS means same as an original stock Schwinn including all original components) isn't generally going to be in the same league as those.

Edited by OriginalPoster