Selling A Car Bought On Financing?

thaiIand

I forgot to think about this before buying it. Is it easy to sell a car on financing(tent place/internet) if its not paid off? I know people here love to buy a new version of their cars every 2 years and i doubt they all pay cash? I really dont mind losing like 10-15% more but my gf tells me that on a 250k down and 4months at 15k we'd be very lucky to get 100k baht if we sold today, is she right? if so, what kind of crazy ammount would i get after 8-12months

Its my gf's car.. chevy cruze lt. standard deal 15k per month @ 4years with 250k down on a 950k total price i think? total comes to 970k if that makes sense? might be 5 years for 1 115 000baht but that seems a little high on interest. She got a pretty standard deal on financing.

Do they have trades around here? She wouldnt mind at some point, if its hard to sell, just changing to a cheaper on gas pickup(triton plus) or geting a swift/march + some $ back since the cruze only has its look going for it and that gets old fast

edit just used the calculator on chevy's site.. seems that basic price is 936k and with 3% @ 4 years its 16k~ per month so accurate.

car is pearl white

reedit: just asked her and she obviously has no idea <deleted> is up.. she says 6 years and we pay 15k per month, that would mean higher than 5% interest, i remember we didnt have that much interest to pay when we calculated it there so theres no point in asking her. Cant comfirm 100% but as i said it would not be the end of the world to lose a little bit more $ than i should. If we could trade tomorow for a newish triton that'd be great, or selling the car for 150-180k in a few months

Edited by thaiIand

950K sticker with 250K down and repyaments of 15K over 48 months = 0.71% interest (with the total interest payable over the 4 year term being just 20K). So that fits with your original numbers (you said 970K all up), but it also sounds whack :D

In any case, let's assume they are the correct numbers.. That means you've paid a grand total of 250K + 60K from 970K, so would need 660K to break even.

Depreciation is probably around 20% already (based on selling to a tent), so that makes it worth 760K.

So yes, your GF is right (she's a keeper!) - you've got about 100K equity in the car.

950K sticker with 250K down and repyaments of 15K over 48 months = 0.71% interest (with the total interest payable over the 4 year term being just 20K). So that fits with your original numbers (you said 970K all up), but it also sounds whack :D

In any case, let's assume they are the correct numbers.. That means you've paid a grand total of 250K + 60K from 970K, so would need 660K to break even.

Depreciation is probably around 20% already (based on selling to a tent), so that makes it worth 760K.

So yes, your GF is right (she's a keeper!) - you've got about 100K equity in the car.

I doubt a tent dealer would pay 760k baht for a Cruze. Your best shot is some ads to sell it with finance takeover, which if the numbers are correct should get you 100k baht

and its probably white, no white pearl cruze :)

I doubt a tent dealer would pay 760k baht for a Cruze. Your best shot is some ads to sell it with finance takeover, which if the numbers are correct should get you 100k baht

dont make me sue you for defamation :D

dont make me sue you for defamation :D

hehehe

but its a bit od they make cruze and captiva side by side, but only captiva comes with +15k baht pearl white, while cruze only solid white

and even worse, they have dropped the red metallic TH CRUZE, a stunning color for cruze, dropped due to no sales

well, same for honda city/jazz/civic/accord, so perhaps not od ;)

thais are nuts when it comes to cars.. It has to be vomit gold or grey purple to be nice for them. Cyan is the holy grail.

Wonder why we dont see more of the really nice medium light blue metalic cars, sometimes i see it on a few rare fortuner/jazz, its top notch.

back onj topic. Any website where people do trades? i might be stuck here for an other year or more and i think we'd do better with something else

Edited by thaiIand

thais are nuts when it comes to cars.. It has to be vomit gold or grey purple to be nice for them. Cyan is the holy grail.

Wonder why we dont see more of the really nice medium light blue metalic cars, sometimes i see it on a few rare fortuner/jazz, its top notch.

back onj topic. Any website where people do trades? i might be stuck here for an other year or more and i think we'd do better with something else

classifieds.thaivisa.com

I doubt a tent dealer would pay 760k baht for a Cruze. Your best shot is some ads to sell it with finance takeover,

Or thread starter could contact thaicruze, im sure he'd like another in a different colour, if there isnt already two parked in his driveway by now.