Living In A House Or Apartment?

Do you Live in a House or Apartment?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you guys/gals have any suggestions for finding a place (buying, or just renting intially to check things out) to live in Bangkok?

I am hoping to find something within a 1 hour drive from Bangkok? Hua-Hin is too far away, but Bang-Saen might be ok.

Here are some points to guide my search:

1) I am looking for a long-term, high quality type place (house, condo, intially to rent).

2) Price or budget is not a major issue. I am not wealthy, but quality of living is important to me. I would also enjoy to know the price that I pay is reasonable and has not been raised because I am a farang (read: I would like to avoid the overpriced Farang areas). Something less than 100,000 baht per month rental, but less than 50,000 would be even better. I have no idea what to expect for a high quality place. Your tips are welcome.

3) I prefer not to see dirty old shacks with noisy dogs and cats all over the place, when I wake up in the morning. I hear there are some nice gated communities around Bangkok, but I do not know where they are. It is so interesting to see Hi-So Thai people live right next to their super poor brothers and sisters. It is almost weird, but shows they get along, somehow. However, I hope to find a community with wealthy or upper-end Thai people - without too many "squatters" in front of my house.

4) I am not looking to be located in Central Bangkok, but it would be nice (but not a requirement) to be near one of the BTS/subway stations.

5) I wish to avoid all the overpriced Farang areas, as I prefer the normal (read: non-bar girl atmosphere) in mainly Thai community areas.

6) Ideally the location would be next to a lake, river or ocean. I have strong affinity for all things to do with water; fishing, boating and water sports. I know this may raise the price, but that is to be expected.

7) I do not have any children that need to go to a BKK school, nor do I have any requirement to be close to work or an office.

Any tips folks?

Thailover,

Since nobody has responded yet, I'll give you my take on this:

We live in a housing estate in Nontaburi (not many lakes, but I'm crossing the CRP twice everyday! :o ). Takes me about 45 minutes by car to get to my office near Chatujak. There are lots of similar developments all around Bangkok, good quality houses with shopping centers and wet markets nearby, and I am sure you could rent one for less than 50k, although if furnished, it could be more (dunno, just speculating!).

As for how to find these kind of places - I guess you could try to contact some agents, although most of these probably deal with inner city properties. Adverts in the paper may be a way forward, or simply the grapevine. let it be known to friends and acquaintances (esp. Thais) that you are looking for a house to rent, and you will probably get some leads.

One thing to note - security is paramount. As a farang out in the woods you will stick out like a sore thumb, and many people will assume (rightly or wrongly) that you are extremely well off. Try to pick a compound with restricted access and security guards. For the money you are willing to spend, I do not think this will be a problem.

WS

Edited by WhiteShiva

Dear Sir,

Regarding the Condominium which I would like to porpose is near to the Don Muang, here I have a very good location for you which are in the Cheangwattana.

It's near to a lot of shopping centers.

The pricing for the rental of the room is as below;

1 Room, 1 Hall and 1 Small Balcony the price are 13,000 - 14, 000 Thb

2 Room, 1 Hall and 1 Balcony the price are 18,000- 20,000 Thb

3 Room,1 Hall and I Balcony the price are 22,000- 24,000 Thb.

Price for Sale:

1 room, 1 Hall, 1 balcony= 1.3-1.8 Million THB

2 room, 1 Hall, 1 balcony= 2.2 - 4.0 Million THB

3 room, 1 Hall, I balcony= 4.0 - 5.0 Million THB

Facility as: Swimming Pool, Gym, Sauna, Laundry.

If you wish to have a look the room than we may be make an appointment or response my e-mail as: [email protected]. My Mobile phone are: +6630479541.

Thank you and best regards,

Jackson Ng

Email Address: [email protected]