Macdonnalds New Cheeseburger

jaideeguy

about normal for macdonalds then whistling.gif

Their grilled chicken burger photography deserves an award - most unlike the product. Pic actually looks like it has meat, bought one, had a few strings of chicken, but mostly fried batter & spice.

I do have some good things to say about McD's, will do so when their food is better.

'I go to McD's maybe 5 or 6 times a year, but I like their Big Mac better than the Whopper, and their Filet O' Fish much better than the fish sandwich any other chain offers. I don't eat much fast food in Thailand, but McD's would be my second most visited place after KFC (I like the Zinger sandwich.)'

yours truly worked at MacDonalds in 1966 when the 'fillet 'o fish' sandwich was first introduced...deep fried of course with a steam cabinet to steam the buns and there was a tartar sauce mixture to be prepared before serving...the manager stepped back after demonstrating the preparation and declared that 'it's a pretty good sandwich...'

he was a fool...how can anything just removed from a deep fryer be edible?...greasy as shit, ugh...however we could maybe make the same observation about fish and chips but it's not the same, remarkably...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

'I go to McD's maybe 5 or 6 times a year, but I like their Big Mac better than the Whopper, and their Filet O' Fish much better than the fish sandwich any other chain offers. I don't eat much fast food in Thailand, but McD's would be my second most visited place after KFC (I like the Zinger sandwich.)'

yours truly worked at MacDonalds in 1966 when the 'fillet 'o fish' sandwich was first introduced...deep fried of course with a steam cabinet to steam the buns and there was a tartar sauce mixture to be prepared before serving...the manager stepped back after demonstrating the preparation and declared that 'it's a pretty good sandwich...'

he was a fool...how can anything just removed from a deep fryer be edible?...greasy as shit, ugh...however we could maybe make the same observation about fish and chips but it's not the same, remarkably...

I worked at McD's in 1974. I used to double steam my bun and load the thing with tartar sauce. Sometimes, I would add a little BIg Mac sauce. Loved those things then and still like them now.

McD's has some pretty stringent QC measures. Once a hamburger patty thawed, it could not be used, for example. But we could use them for our own meals. So we would take 8 or more thawed patties, mush them together, then make super Big Macs or Quarter Pounders. I don't have a clue as to how many calories that was, but we were all teenagers, so I guess we could burn those off pretty easily.

I worked at McD's in 1974. I used to double steam my bun and load the thing with tartar sauce. Sometimes, I would add a little BIg Mac sauce. Loved those things then and still like them now.

McD's has some pretty stringent QC measures. Once a hamburger patty thawed, it could not be used, for example. But we could use them for our own meals. So we would take 8 or more thawed patties, mush them together, then make super Big Macs or Quarter Pounders. I don't have a clue as to how many calories that was, but we were all teenagers, so I guess we could burn those off pretty easily.

Are either of you of the opinion that the burgers are of the same quality now as they were back when you were flipping 'em?

Are either of you of the opinion that the burgers are of the same quality now as they were back when you were flipping 'em?

As long as the franchisee is good, the quality is as good now as before, in my opinion. McD's has some very stringent QC and operational rules, and if followed, they really make the place quite high quality. Some franchisees try to cut corners, but that is a good way to lose your franchise.

Before being allowed to open a store, all new franchisees must got to "Hamburger U," a school which teaches the McD's way. And I think all managers must attend, too.

Now I realize that high quality does not mean that everyone likes the food, nor does it mean that it is healthy. A Big Mac has lots of fat, sodium, and calories. But as far as the quality which goes into food safety, ingredients, and making the food, the QC is top-notch.

• 2 weeks later...

Thai McD's do a double Big Mac which is significantly better than twice as good as a normal Big Mac. I sent an email to McD's in the UK suggesting they sell them here and had back a terse reply stating they had no plan of selling them here. Hence they are missing out on at least one fat junk food addict as a regular customer.

I think that Big Macs taste about the same as they did in the 60s when they were introduced and I'm talkin' about SE asia, Europe and the Middle East...don't remember seein' none when I was workin' in Chile in the 90s...

good world wide quality control (fwiw when talkin' about MacDonalds)...I even got a Big Mac in Paris ('Le Big Mac') and they serve beer just like Vincent in Pulp Fiction relates to Jules when on their way to massacre some dumb white boys in LA that messed with their boss Marcellus...

Edited by tutsiwarrior