Booking Night Bus To Ranong?

altmtl

Booking night bus to Ranong

I have a concern about catching the 20:00 night bus to Ranong, which I must catch at the southern bus station "Sai Tai" which is a little far from Sukhumvit and seems a little complicated to get to?

I'm not sure if I'd have to go there beforehand (day before) to get my ticket for the 20:00 bus or just show up a few hrs before? I don't want to risk it being sold out!

I'd be taking it on a Thursday or a Friday. Is there a bus or cheap mini van I can take to get thereto the Bus Station from Sukhumvit?

Thx

Edited by altmtl

Time for a reality check. And use BRAINS-all of you.

1.NO, there is no minivan Sukh-SaiThai (taling Chan-mai is now the oldone and still has buses), plus that ytou did not even bothered to tell where on Suk-so that must be nana, which seems an especially brain-kliing place. But-as anywhere in BKK there will be plenty of taxis; and the good old BMTA even offers a direct citybus: 511, till the far end-right beside this monstrosity of redshirt corrupt money.

2.there is not just 1 bus to Ranong-there are more-at least 5, and they do not all go @ 20.00. They differ in quality=class. Different companies too-so if 1 is full-it does not mean 2 also already is. Are you overpicky (as most TV-responders seem to) or not? No-no fear-the times of orange fan buses is long, long gone-since before 2000.

3. as about anywhere in this world there will be peak and less busy days. Busy is always just before LONG Thai weekends and holidays.

4. BRAINS: Really I do not understand how little ability to think some people seem to have. If indeed you find buses to Rng fully booked-then find another overnight bus to a place nearby- the shorter by BKK-the later they go. There are handy things like guidebooks and maps-which would show which places would have buses passing Ranong by default. You always find a local bus next morning onward (f.e. from Chumphorn).

5. to go there for andvance booking is a waste of time-at least 3 hrs. Mostly they wont even understand what you are trying to do and sell you a ticket for the next bus out. ONE of the Ranong buses actually starts from right beside Khao Sarn road, this bus stands there all day , leaves @ 18.00-and then goes to Sai Thai for the rest of seats to pick up (aptly named Ranong Tour). Anyway: calling a comp, if even you are able to find a nr, is only feasible if you have a very smart Thai speaking friend beside you. Most likely they will even then tell you: just come and see.

If you are taking the public bus then they will take you whatever. If yu are taking the VIP bus then it can get full so booking the day before is advisable. If you need somebody to help you in Ranong then I always use Kompas - 086941 5365. If you call him the night before he will meet you at the bus station and arrange everything for you including the dollar note and the boat, then take you back to the bus station usually in time for the 10.30. am public bus to BKK arriving BKK around 8 pm. The return VIP bus only gleaves Ranong at 8 pm in the evening. All for under 1,000.

If you are taking the public bus then they will take you whatever. If yu are taking the VIP bus then it can get full so booking the day before is advisable. If you need somebody to help you in Ranong then I always use Kompas - 086941 5365. If you call him the night before he will meet you at the bus station and arrange everything for you including the dollar note and the boat, then take you back to the bus station usually in time for the 10.30. am public bus to BKK arriving BKK around 8 pm. The return VIP bus only gleaves Ranong at 8 pm in the evening. All for under 1,000.

Can I buy my ticket to Ranong elsewhere than at Sai Tai? At Ekkamal for example?

How is Kompas any different than Pon's Place and why can't I simply do it on my own like I always do? That is always the less expensive option I find.