50 Years James Bond

webfact

Bond vehicles on show

The Nation

30171344-01_big.jpg

An exhibition of 50 James Bond vehicles will be unveiled to the public at the "Bond in Motion" exhibition at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, England, in January 2012.

The exhibition, the largest of its kind, will showcase 50 of the best-loved and most iconic James Bond vehicles in celebration of the 50th year of James Bond. Bond in Motion will run from January to December 2012.

In addition, 2012 also marks the 40th anniversary of Britain's National Motor Museum, a fitting year to be hosting a major new car exhibition with some of the most recognised vehicles in film to mark 50 years since the first Bond film was screened.

Bond in Motion will feature a whole range of vehicles which have appeared in Bond films over the years, including cars, boats, motorbikes, sleds, jets and many more. This collection of iconic movie vehicles will include the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 and the 1937 Phantom lll Rolls-Royce both from Goldfinger, the Lotus Esprit S1 affectionately nicknamed 'Wet Nellie' from The Spy Who Loved Me, the Bede Acrostar jet famously flown in Octopussy, the BMW 750iL from Tomorrow Never Dies, the original villain Parahawk featured in The World is Not Enough and the original SFX Cello Case Ski famously navigated by Timothy Dalton in The Living Daylights.

Beaulieu's commercial director Stephen Munn said, "2012 is going to be a very exciting year for Beaulieu. After many months of planning, the preparation of the Bond exhibition area is about to begin and the first consignment of vehicles, on their way from the USA, will be arriving soon."

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-07

I'm puzzled, in paragraph 3, it states that 2012 is the 40th anniversary of The National Motor Museum, which if my maths is correct, means it opened in 1982. I visited the museum at Beaulieu, in the mid-60s, (1965 or 1966), when I was a boy. It was a great place to visit, and I can also remember they had a magnificent model railway display there, as well.

The James Bond display is almost worth going back to England for ! My personal favourite was the Aston Martin DB5, it was nice to see it again last night on TV, in the Bond season they're showing this month.

My father's friend had an Aston Martin DB4, which was another beautiful looking car, he used to park it on the street, in Middlesbrough - can't imagine anyone doing that nowadays.

If any ThaiVisa members are going to the UK for the Olympics, I can highly recommend a day out at Beaulieu.

I'm puzzled, in paragraph 3, it states that 2012 is the 40th anniversary of The National Motor Museum, which if my maths is correct, means it opened in 1982. I visited the museum at Beaulieu, in the mid-60s, (1965 or 1966), when I was a boy. It was a great place to visit, and I can also remember they had a magnificent model railway display there, as well.

The James Bond display is almost worth going back to England for ! My personal favourite was the Aston Martin DB5, it was nice to see it again last night on TV, in the Bond season they're showing this month.

My father's friend had an Aston Martin DB4, which was another beautiful looking car, he used to park it on the street, in Middlesbrough - can't imagine anyone doing that nowadays.

If any ThaiVisa members are going to the UK for the Olympics, I can highly recommend a day out at Beaulieu.

Yes me too----think about 62----greatest museum I have ever visited. Beaulieu and Shuttleworth are the best in the world------no-one can put on a show about the past like the Brits----------Dougal [now in NZ and Thailand]

Yes me too----think about 62----greatest museum I have ever visited. Beaulieu and Shuttleworth are the best in the world------no-one can put on a show about the past like the Brits----------Dougal [now in NZ and Thailand]

IMHO-----Sean Connory No1----the aston martin still my favourite bond car----Goldfinger best bond film [even had a gorgeous Rolls Royce init]------all downhill since then.

IMHO-----Sean Connory No1----the aston martin still my favourite bond car----Goldfinger best bond film [even had a gorgeous Rolls Royce init]------all downhill since then.

I agree with you, #1 :-)

The Beaulieu National Motor Museum was founded in 1952 by Edward Douglas-Scott-Montagu, 3rd Baron Montagu of Beaulieu as a tribute to his father, who was one of the great pioneers of motoring in the United Kingdom, being the first person to drive a motor car into the yard of the Houses of Parliament, and having introduced King Edward VII (then the Prince of Wales) to motoring during the 1890s.

Your maths are NOT correct!

2012 is 40 years after 1972 !!

Oops - It was early morning, before I'd had a coffee, and I pressed an 8 instead of a 7 - honest your honour !:D

Would you believe I was an accountant before I retired ? :unsure:

Still doesn't explain why they're making a big thing of the museum being 40 years old, when it has obviously been open for much longer.

I do remember that Beaulieu housed many vintage and veteran cars, trucks, vans and racing cars, when I went, including a small lorry that looked like a beer bottle on it's side.

Favourite Bond girl - Honor Blackman, she was in a TV comedy series years after her Bond appearance, playing a granny, and she was still a sex goddess, ooooh that husky voice !

I agree with you, #1 :-)

Sean Connery IS James Bond!

The museum was originally a private collection started in the early 50s I think and was called the Montagu Motor Museum. The name was changed to National Motor Museum in 1972 as it had become a charitable trust.

I've not been there in years but I still remember seeing cars my father used to drive as well as some that I did as well. I seem to recall the monorail went though the museum as well. I don't know if that's still there.

Your maths are NOT correct!

2012 is 40 years after 1972 !!

Oops - It was early morning, before I'd had a coffee, and I pressed an 8 instead of a 7 - honest your honour !:D

Would you believe I was an accountant before I retired ? :unsure:

Still doesn't explain why they're making a big thing of the museum being 40 years old, when it has obviously been open for much longer.

I do remember that Beaulieu housed many vintage and veteran cars, trucks, vans and racing cars, when I went, including a small lorry that looked like a beer bottle on it's side.

Favourite Bond girl - Honor Blackman, she was in a TV comedy series years after her Bond appearance, playing a granny, and she was still a sex goddess, ooooh that husky voice !

I think that was probably "The Upper Hand" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098939/ although I'm sure she's done other comedy as well.

She's still working as far as I know even though she was born on 22 August 1926 or 1925 or 12 December 1927 depending where you look. If it's the latter then she turns 84 on Monday.