Passport Expires Soon Wanting To Change To A Uk Passport

If you fly out an in to the country there shouldn't be a problem with switching passports, you just can't do it at land borders as there the look for the exit/entry stamp from the country you are comming from.

They might pick-up on it and ask you about it at the airport, but it is perfectly legal.

I live in Phuket my NZ passport expires 11.12.11 I've just renewed my visa at Ranong to a TV. I want to use my UK passport if I leave Thailand and fly to Singapore will there be any problems? Cheers

I understand that you last entered Thailand with your New Zealand passport, which means that you must leave Thailand with that passport. Then use your UK passport to enter and leave Singapore and to enter Thailand on your return trip.

If you fly out an in to the country there shouldn't be a problem with switching passports, you just can't do it at land borders as there the look for the exit/entry stamp from the country you are comming from.

They might pick-up on it and ask you about it at the airport, but it is perfectly legal.

I am not worried about the stamp more the passport as it expires next week I thought they might refuse me at the Air Asia checkin!!

I am not worried about the stamp more the passport as it expires next week I thought they might refuse me at the Air Asia checkin!!

As Maestro said, you have to leave on the same Passport you used to enter Thailand; Air Asia checkin will not look at the Passport for the Visa / Entry Stamp when you entered Thailand, it's not their job, however the Immigration Officer certainly will, it's what he's there for, and if there is no Entry Stamp in the Passport you hand to him there will certainly be problems.

Patrick

:whistling:

It may sound strange to you but the Thai immigration will see it as:

You entered Thailand on your New Zealand passport

you must therefore exit Thailand on your New Zealand passport

if not then when your visa expires you are on overstay (according to immigration).

Take both passports and exit on the NZ one.

You can enter and exit Singapore on the U.K. passport.

When you come back to Thailand enter on your U.K. passport.

:rolleyes:

Show both passports if need be.

ok so leaving on a passport by air to Singapore with 5 days till expiry wont be a problem? My big worry is getting to checkin and being refused for not having my NZ passport valid for more than 6 months.

Edited by Damaz6052

Show both passports if need be.

ok so leaving on a passport by air to SIngapore with 5 days till expiry wont be a problem?

I am sure - it will be a problem,however - eventually - you will fly!

It depends what kind of morons you will encounter on checkin,for sure you will have to talk with manager,

make sure to be in posession of ticket out of Singapore,

and come to airport well before departure,be nice and patient.

They will have a problem - not you!

There is and will not be any problem - he has a valid passport allowing entry into Singapore so airline will not have any issue with his exit passport being about to expire if he shows the other passport to them. It happens all the time for visa issues with Thai having dual nationality that a second passport must be shown to prove you can enter the destination country.

There is and will not be any problem - he has a valid passport allowing entry into Singapore so airline will not have any issue with his exit passport being about to expire if he shows the other passport to them. It happens all the time for visa issues with Thai having dual nationality that a second passport must be shown to prove you can enter the destination country.

No issues at all. Thanks for your replies.

Just to clarify one point. When you check-in with your airline, show them the passport that you will be using in Singapore (UK). When you leave Thailand, present the passport that you arrived into Thailand (NZ).

You present the passport you entered Thailand on to airline and immigration as they will check that for entry stamp. Only if current passport did not meet entry requirements of destination (and other did) would both passports have to be shown.

In this case he will need to present both passports as current will not meet requirements for entry into Singapore.