Food2Go Rawai

stevehaigh

i don't eat in restaurants much, so i'm always on the lookout for good, cheap food to take away

here's my review of the kebab places around rawai

1) adam kebab, IMHO the best kebab and french fries and good price, 120baht BUT half the time no pitta bread, no chicken, etc.

2) place on sai yuan soi 9, Lebanese food, kebab pretty good but expensive, 180 baht

3) place on wisit just south of sai yuan on the left, ok kebab, nothing special, yet to try the other things on the menu

also, M&M pizza, great pizza, reasonable price.

please give me your favs in the rawai area for good cheap take aways

i'm desperately in need of a good fish and chip take away

About the only take away food I get is propeah (Thai Alliteration) for a mini Thai burrito like thing. I love them. Especially from the lady just down from my house who makes them occasionally. I see them at the outdoor markets once in a while but not as good. It's a thin, small, soft pancake, filled with shredded pork, lettuce, bean sprouts and a plum type of hot sauce. 10 baht each. The other one I get at the outdoor market, are the little kind of crispy pancakes that are folded over like a taco and filled with meringe. Canome buang. Arroy! But you have to eat them fresh or they get soft and not nearly as good. Pizza is also better eaten fresh and hot, not takeaway. I go to Modena for that about once a week. Otherwise, I really like to cook at home.

Cheap farang 2 go food in Rawai? That's not happening, and if it is please let me know where. Cheap Thai food in Rawai? Every other shop house without a big expensive sign out front.

Very hard to say, when your used to really cheap fast food such as Mc Donalds,Taco Bell, Jack in the Box, etc. $1 dollar value menu is my idea of cheap. There are not many places offering a 34 BHT menu with a variety of different choices. In fact I do not know of any....

Gezzz.... 1 piece of fried chicken cost 20 baht in the Rawai area. Phuket Town 10 baht. (Big Piece)

In regards to Fish & Chips, find a place that doesn't soak the fish in semihot oil. That will probably be a goodplace to try first.

There used to be a place called "Something Different" down over by Icon that cooked a very good double bacon cheeseburger. When I started going there the going rate was about 140BHT,and within the past 2 yrs the same burger now cost 260BHT. Sorry to say I haven't been there lately

Sorry to say it but, Food 2 Go fast in Rawai it would have to be 7-Eleven...

Such a shame

Really? Really there are still someone thinking to eat good and quality food for 50 or 80 baht? Does anyone really think is expensive to pay 260 baht for a good "double bacon cheesburger" in a pretty place...served at the table...

Mahhhhh.

Well $8.50 US for a cheese burger at a small place in Nai Harn without a view seems a bit steep, when I can go to a really nice place overlooking the yacht harbor and get a really nice cheeseburger along with the best salad bar around in the California for the same price. So I go when I'm there... I gave up on cheeseburgers here. You can get good takeaway for 50 to 80 Baht here, but it's Thai food, which I like...

Really? Really there are still someone thinking to eat good and quality food for 50 or 80 baht? Does anyone really think is expensive to pay 260 baht for a good "double bacon cheesburger" in a pretty place...served at the table...

Mahhhhh.

Well $8.50 US for a cheese burger at a small place in Nai Harn without a view seems a bit steep, when I can go to a really nice place overlooking the yacht harbor and get a really nice cheeseburger along with the best salad bar around in the California for the same price. So I go when I'm there... I gave up on cheeseburgers here. You can get good takeaway for 50 to 80 Baht here, but it's Thai food, which I like...

For an awsome burger on the beach you should try the burger bar on Surin. Maybe a bit far for you but definitely the best I have had since being in Phuket. Think they start at around 150 baht...

For an awsome burger on the beach you should try the burger bar on Surin. Maybe a bit far for you but definitely the best I have had since being in Phuket. Think they start at around 150 baht...

Whats it near?:jap:

For good fish and chips try Coconut on rawai beach road near the orbortor, maybe not the cheapest but they do battered and breaded and the battered is excellent!

Do you know what type of fish they use?

I'm not the connoisseur, my british friend is the judge... large, generic, flakey, tasty white fish is all I can say!

For good fish and chips try Coconut on rawai beach road near the orbortor, maybe not the cheapest but they do battered and breaded and the battered is excellent!

Do you know what type of fish they use?

I'm not the connoisseur, my british friend is the judge... large, generic, flakey, tasty white fish is all I can say!

Well ok flakey, at least they know how to cook it.... Thks