Xmas Phone Choice - Opinion Wanted.

seefah

I'm looking to upgrade my wife's mobile phone (long overdue), she currently has the Nokia N73 Music Edition.

We were thinking about the Nokia N9, but that doesn't seem to be a good option now.

I think maybe the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V running Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) might be a reasonable choice of phone, as this will be her first touch screen phone and first time using Android, and at 9,999 Baht it seems like a good choice. Camera is meant to be reasonably good (5 Mega Pixels), 720p video, can play music and listen to radio, ​​1 GHz processor, and in March 2012 Sony will upgrade all 2011 Xperia phones to Android 4.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this choice of phone or can maybe recommend another choice of phone at a similar price?

I do also have a concern that this phone comes as 2 product numbers; MT11i and MT11a, and whether or not they are capable of using 3G or better. Not even sure she'll need 3G. Her phone sim is AIS

Some phone / code details

- WCDMA / HSDPA Dual Band (900/2100 MHz: Code MT11i: Go on Sale October 27, 2554)

Tri Band (850/1900/2100 MHz: Code MT11a: Go on Sale November 15, 2554).

- GSM Quad Band (850/900/1800/1900 MHz).

So presumably Tri Band (850/1900/2100 MHz) is the one to go for, if available in Thailand, right?