Dukes Burger Bar

Pillion

re .. Is the dukes burger bar open yet?

no .. i walked past there today and theres no sign of life in the new dukes on the corner of ratwithi road

but the other place next door is coming along nicely

in two weeks it may be open .... who knows ?

dave2

re .. Is the dukes burger bar open yet?

no .. i walked past there today and theres no sign of life in the new dukes on the corner of ratwithi road

but the other place next door is coming along nicely

in two weeks it may be open .... who knows ?

dave2

I walked by there Friday about 12:30 P M and they were closed.

Tuesday night they had a event there 300 baht all you could eat and drink I believe.

Had some thing to do with insurance.

Dave 2 where are the pictures.

YESSS!!

Yes!

yes!

ys!!

OMG..

So happy..

Finally... Life in Chiang Mai is worth LIVING again!!

Chiang Mai... Fully Complete.. For the first time since Chao Kawila took it back from the Burmese and started the reconstruction in 1796.

I could cry.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Dave2, the bearer of excellent news!!

Does anyone know if the prices are the same as the restaurant or cheaper? Cheaper I hope, although the 99 baht burger is pretty good value for money.

It's far easier to criticise a restaurant and lets face it, it's quite satisfying to criticise a restaurant but this comment is all positive.... I went to the dukes on the weekend with two of my drivers, and my burger arrived late, so to say sorry they gave me free cookie. I had one of the cheapest things on the menu yet they gave me a free cookie to make up for the late arrival. Good business sense! I'll most certainly be going there again.

:(

I'm gutted.

It's *NOT* open yet. Was closed when I got there. Also the next door pub/restaurant on the corner (same ownership, shared kitchen perhaps) is also still being worked on.

It's nice to see a pub function come back to that building; it was of course the site of the old ABC Bar, roughly 15-20 years ago.

But even that thought didn't help my mood yesterday, as I went to Loi Kroh to drink some girl's booze. Blonde Thai girl, I like those.

:(

I'm gutted.

It's *NOT* open yet. Was closed when I got there. Also the next door pub/restaurant on the corner (same ownership, shared kitchen perhaps) is also still being worked on.

It's nice to see a pub function come back to that building; it was of course the site of the old ABC Bar, roughly 15-20 years ago.

But even that thought didn't help my mood yesterday, as I went to Loi Kroh to drink some girl's booze. Blonde Thai girl, I like those.

Interesting. I passed by there day before yesterday during the day and they were not open either.

Edit: Actually it may have been the 13th not the 14th that I walked by. dave2's photo is dated the 14th. But it did not seem ready to open then. Strange.

As the far as the 'blonde' out of a bottle Thai girls...nah But there are naturally blonde Singaporean and Vietnamese girls. Those are fun... Actually I did meet a naturally blonde-ish Akha girl in Chiang Rai one time and she was indeed lovely.

Edited by elektrified

Let me add that it did look like they were *almost* ready. Looked like working on the finishing touches; perhaps kitchen and supply stuff. And that they were doing this at 10pm also makes it likely that this is the final 1% squeeze, to open perhaps this weekend.

This being the high season, they clearly want to open ASAP, especially for that location where they would expect to get a lot of tourists.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai