Married To Thai Local In Hong Kong...Want Uncontested Divorce Here

Pseudolus

Bones of the back ground. Met here. Moved to Hong Kong. Married there. Came back here, now want to divorce (uncontested which is her suggestion and I am more than happy with it.).

However, with our Hong Kong Marriage certificate, can I walk into the Amphur and get the divorce? My soon to be ex wife uses my last name and I do recall signing a load of stuff and getting the weeding certificate translated and notorized so I think she registered is all here. Do we have to go the amphur she registered it in?

Any ideas?

Check with the amphur if she registered the marriage, it does seem so. If indeed so you should be able to get a divorce at any amphur by showing up together.

Do we need to take the document given to her from the Amphur? I have all the English docs from Hong Kong, but she has the Thai ones, and I am not sure if she would know where that is if indeed she has it.

Take what you have. it depends what docuemtn she has from the amphur, if it is the entry into the maariage register of the foreign marriage, it is probably not important.

When you marry in Thailand yourself, you get a flowery marriage certificate (one for each spouse), which must be returned upon divorce and both spouses will get a divorce certificate.

I have never seen this flowery marriage certificate. I spoke with her and she was very non committal about whether we were registered here. I think there is a chance that we are not registered here.That being the case what are the options?

1) Divorce in the courts?

2) Register it, then in the next monent, get a divorce?