Any Chiang Mai Mountain Bikers?

gowdy

Hey Guys,

Are there any mountain bike riders out there who ride from Doi Pui on a regular basis? I've just recently

arrived back in Chiang Mai and am keen to find some people to ride with.

I am an average rider, have a dual suspension bike (not a proper downhill bike though). I love single track

but don't know the tracks too well YET.

Feel free to post or PM me if you're interested in going for a ride sometime :)

Cheers

Hey Gowdy, I wish I was there to join you on Doi Pui, this is the best month up there, cool and not too wet but not yet dry powder surface like later in dry season; I'm in another Mt Bike heaven right now, northern California. Not much single track up there on the mountain, but the dirt roads are the next best thing. Search this forum and go to the Cycling forum where there are some good threads on CM mt biking; get with T-Dog and others. Enjoy!

Hey Gowdy, I wish I was there to join you on Doi Pui, this is the best month up there, cool and not too wet but not yet dry powder surface like later in dry season; I'm in another Mt Bike heaven right now, northern California. Not much single track up there on the mountain, but the dirt roads are the next best thing. Search this forum and go to the Cycling forum where there are some good threads on CM mt biking; get with T-Dog and others. Enjoy!

Thanks for that, let me know when you're back in CM and we'll go for a ride! :)

I PMed a few people hopefully I get a response and can organize something with them.

Gowdy....Got your PM and will give you a call tomorrow. I am going to ride a training loop on Saturday. Ride time is about 3 hours and equivalent vertical to Doi Suthep although some steeper sections. It has a touch of single track and some nice hill tribe roads through a Karen and Hmong settlement. Plan on leaving CMU area about 8:30 AM. You'll see a lot of country south of town against the mountain.