Woman Caught Smuggling 1.5Kg Of Cocaine In Her Dreadlocks On Flight To Bangkok

Boater

Also, I'm not sure why anyone coming to Thailand would want to take cocaine. It isn't suitable for the mood or the climate (sulphates tend to clog and clump in humid climates) of Thailand and is sourced on the other side of the world.

You're being serious, right??!! :blink:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'm not sure why anyone coming to Thailand would want to take cocaine. It isn't suitable for the mood or the climate (sulphates tend to clog and clump in humid climates) of Thailand and is sourced on the other side of the world.

not only is he serious, he is right.

not only is he serious, he is right.

Only as far as it being sourced on the other side of the world but he's wrong on Thailand's humidity making jack shit difference to cocaine's potency and he's arguably in error about its suitability for the "mood".

The latter depends on individual tastes whilst the former poses no problem for users I've observed nuking it in a microwave for a few seconds.

Only as far as it being sourced on the other side of the world but he's wrong on Thailand's humidity making jack shit difference to cocaine's potency and he's arguably in error about its suitability for the "mood".

The latter depends on individual tastes whilst the former poses no problem for users I've observed nuking it in a microwave for a few seconds.

It makes no difference to its potency, but chopping a sodium-based substance that's extremely hydrophilic with a blunt plastic card tends to be a frustrating experience in a very humid climate. Happy nosebleeds.

I'm not knocking anyone for having a go, I'm just saying that I don't think it's worth it, especially when you factor in the particular vigilance of law enforcement officials when dealing with drugs not natively* sourced and being used by foreigners. This latter reason is why I don't do drugs in Thailand, full stop.

*Burma sort of counts. Anything that profits Burma ultimately profits Thailand anyway.

How the hell do you hide 1,5KG of coke in dreadlocks? How do you hide any quantity of coke in dreadlocks?

If you look at the photos, you can see thay had some very fake looking tubes of black yarn(dreads) that they attached to the poor girls head, the tube concealed the plastic bags of coke.

Agree with R. Leader on most points, we really do have the right to do what we want with our bodies, coke is not addicting but some people think they are addicted so in that sense it is. It is very dangerous to raise the blood pressure though, heart attack and strokes are common.

• 3 months later...

Warning as dreadlock drug mule in court

The South African embassy in Bangkok has warned potential South African drug smugglers that it can do little to help them if they are caught – a statement that came as an alleged South African drug mule appeared in court in Thailand.

Nolubabalo Nobanda, arrested after cocaine was found hidden in her dreadlocks when she tried to enter Thailand in December, was remanded in custody on Monday until June 11 by a Bangkok court.

Thai custom officials said they found about 1.5kg of cocaine in her hair after she got off a Qatar Airways flights at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport on December 13. They were alerted by white powder in her pair and found cocaine concealed in plastic wrapping in her dreadlocks.

Continues:

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/warning-as-dreadlock-drug-mule-in-court-1.1260311?showComments=true

Independent Online - March 20, 2012

I have no doubt in my mind that all the so called drug enforcer countries don't WANT the drug trade to stop. They are either directly or indirectly making too much money off it. who wants to kill the goose that is laying the golden egg? The trade of illegal drugs could be almost illiminated within a year but just legalizing it everywhere and make it almost free. Once you take the profit away from illegal drugs there would be no incentive to create the stuff, except by home users. and, Who really cares if idiots want to destroy their own lives? Be my guest, we've already got too many people on this planet and I believe in Darwinism... let the stupid and ones who can't adapt take the slow way or quick way off the planet. Poor parenting is the cause of most children making the wrong decisions in life. Some survive and some don't.

In the 1930s the USA has alcohol abolition. It didn't work and the crooks made a fortune. It was the good old days of Al Capone and the boys. Then, when alcohol became legal again the problem went away.

• Like 1

I have no doubt in my mind that all the so called drug enforcer countries don't WANT the drug trade to stop. They are either directly or indirectly making too much money off it. who wants to kill the goose that is laying the golden egg? The trade of illegal drugs could be almost illiminated within a year but just legalizing it everywhere and make it almost free. Once you take the profit away from illegal drugs there would be no incentive to create the stuff, except by home users. and, Who really cares if idiots want to destroy their own lives? Be my guest, we've already got too many people on this planet and I believe in Darwinism... let the stupid and ones who can't adapt take the slow way or quick way off the planet. Poor parenting is the cause of most children making the wrong decisions in life. Some survive and some don't.

In the 1930s the USA has alcohol abolition. It didn't work and the crooks made a fortune. It was the good old days of Al Capone and the boys. Then, when alcohol became legal again the problem went away.

Fully agree.

I just don´t get it... Why people even try to smuggle drugs through countries that have severe or even death penalties? Is it the thrill of the whole thing because the money aspect of it is just not worth it.

Laos=death penalty

Vietnam= DP

Malaysia=DP

Singapore=DP

Thailand=DP usually reduced to 2,000 yrs imprisonment for foreigners though lol

Indonesia=DP or life

Greed and incredibly stupid

Desperate and naive (or whatever)

There is absolutely no excuse for doing your research these days on the net ( films & books etc) as to the ultimate outcome for smuggling drugs.

My sympathies usually lie with the relatives of the "smuggler" . They also serve the sentence emotionally and financially!

Edited by edwinclapham

I just don´t get it... Why people even try to smuggle drugs through countries that have severe or even death penalties? Is it the thrill of the whole thing because the money aspect of it is just not worth it.

There are countless reasons why people turn to crime.

They can be of low intelligence, slightly retarded and easy enticed into committing criminal acts, desperate, have no respect for authority, the law, anyone else and themselves, just plain evil, mad and insane or simply unscrupulous.

Just look at that kids face on the video; she seems terrified and has a no hope for me look of despair, not knowing her fate but realising she now has no future. She is p`owned, become a non-person and treated like an exhibit in a zoo.

Crime never pays and playing the crime game is like playing Russian roulette, the risks involved and the price to criminals if tumbled are too high. When gambling the odds is always with the house and in this case the house being the long arm of the law.

There is no such thing as easy money, well, not on planet Earth anyway.

The solution is for anyone considering dealing, transporting or doing drugs is DON`T.

Edited by Beetlejuice

They can be of low intelligence, slightly retarded and easy enticed into committing criminal acts, desperate, have no respect for authority, the law, anyone else and themselves, just plain evil, mad and insane or simply unscrupulous.

Just look at that kids face on the video; she seems terrified and has a no hope for me look of despair, not knowing her fate but realising she now has no future. She is p`owned, become a non-person and treated like an exhibit in a zoo.

Crime never pays and playing the crime game is like playing Russian roulette, the risks involved and the price to criminals if tumbled are too high. When gambling the odds is always with the house and in this case the house being the long arm of the law.

The solution is for anyone considering dealing, transporting or doing drugs is DON`T.

But there hasn´t been issued a death penalty for some time now right?

But there hasn´t been issued a death penalty for some time now right?

I don`t know because there is lots that go on which we never get to hear about.

But if it were me, I would rather receive the death penalty than spend the rest of my life in a Thai stink hole prison.

Why do people still...

rape?

murder?

rob?

People sometimes just don't think about the consequences.

1.5 kg! Impressive.

> noticed a suspicious white substance in her hair.

Does not sound like the most clever attempt in the world.

You should always refuse to be a drug mule unless working with pros. hit-the-fan.gif

LOL, it's the pro's that set her up more than likely!

The expendable mule's are often uses as the fall guy/gal for the bigger mule to get through.

They've been doing this for decades now.

The day's of Mr Nice and professional smugglers is a distant time compared to the junk that goes on now...

But surely, if they have any brains at all, catching a mule like this should alert the customs rather than relax them.