Lambretta Restoration

thelongshoot

Hello people. I really hope someone can give me some solid advice here as I am starting to run out of ideas....

I have brought a 1962 Lambretta LI 150. Its a brilliant scooter but I would like to do some mods and restorations to it, using a shop/person that has experience with Lambrettas. There is a website in Thailand that has loads of stuff related to classic scooters called Thai Scooter dot com and the site is full of people selling various parts for lambrettas but I cant seem to find any one place that restores them.

What would be great is to find a place, drive the lambretta there on the back of my truck, explain to the guy what I need (pretty much a complete restoration and paint job) and go back a month later to collect.

Does anyone know of a place?

Thanks a million for your suggestions!

TLS

The number 1 Lambretta man in the WHOLE of Thailand is called Pipe and he lives in Pattaya. No body and i mean no body in Thailand knows more about Lambrettas, how to fix them and how to restore them PROPERLY then him.

What would be great is to find a place, drive the lambretta there on the back of my truck, explain to the guy what I need (pretty much a complete restoration and paint job) and go back a month later to collect.

Go back in a month if you want it rushed and not done with any heart. The minimum time you need to restore a Lambretta in Thailand is 3-4 months, anything less is pure and utter BS. First your scooter will be stripped and parts checked, engine split open and everything checked, you will then be given a list of what to order from Europe (no Asia crap parts) Italian only.

Then the frame and body panels will go to Chonburi to the number 1 in Thailand for checking frame on a jig and straightening the body work so it is perfect, there is a que at Chonburi and can take weeks before your scooter is looked at, theres no cutting corners if you want it done RIGHT!

Then the painters, again the number 1 in Thailand is a woman she is an airbrsuh artist her work in impeccable absolutely outstanding, she done my mates Rally 200 in Paul Smith stripes, beautiful. Again have to wait in the que for her to paint it can and will take weeks.

Pipe will organize all this then he will rebuild the scooter, if you want it done quick it wont be 100% you gotta leave him and not pestering him he is 1 million % trust worthy and is known all over Thailand in the scooter scene, his best work is when hes left to do it when he wants to, a few hours here and there when hes feeling artistic it is an art rebuilding a Lambretta your heart has to be in it whilst your doing it or it won't be done Right.

Your cost for a total rebuild with quality Italian parts all done finished the right way how Fernado Innoncenti intended will range from about 50,000 baht upwards depending on what parts you need.

Here is one of Pipes latest rebuilds he did for me, a Lambretta TV175 series 3 with green book all Italian with genuine 1960's accessories sourced from Rimini Italy.

I will PM you pipes number so you can contact him if you want to.

dsc00540wo.jpg

dsc00543qc.jpg

dsc00553ou.jpg

• 1 year later...