Missing Duck - Have You Seen Her Please?

katyb

I’m sure this will prompt more than a few humorous responses but I am seriously putting out a request to find a missing duck!

‘Duck’ has mysteriously disappeared from Maenam Beach 2 days ago. And I am aware that it is probably too late and she has become dinner, but it’s worth a try.

This duck is a most unique creature. She is the first ‘beach duck’ I have ever seen. She lives at Buddha Beach Bar with her owner who has reared her since she was a duckling. She is a domestic pet and has grown up with dogs and cats. She plays like a puppy. She acts like a guard dog on her patch and is fearsome when protecting ‘her’ puppies when other dogs come in from outside. She was fast becoming a legend on the beach with many people turning up to take photos of her unusual behaviour.

‘Duck’ is special and not for eating. Or that was how it was supposed to be.

So I am seriously asking if anybody has seen the strange sight of a duck being carried away on Maenam Beach 2 days ago or has noticed the arrival of a fully grown duck somewhere.. .whether she is alive or not. I would be very grateful if you could let me know. Her owner is most distressed about it and I must admit so am I. She was amazingly responsive and very, very funny. It is not the same without her.

Please don’t post that this is Thailand and ducks are food – we already know this. And we were aware that this could happen at some point. But it still worth asking the question – has anybody seen this duck?

So there go. Odd request for the day. I await the wisecracks….

Many thanks

Kate

My sister in law had ducks, Mr and Mrs Duck I called them and while they could fly, they didnt fly far.

They cleared out my garden of snails in no time and were quite intelligent creatures. Mr Duck was friends with my sister in laws dog, even going so far as to grooming him.

So, yes I understand the attachment and while I am sure many members will find the juvenile humor of duck dinners as oh so tempting, perhaps you might try resisting that temptation and instead try to be helpful to someone who is worried instead.

My sister in law had ducks, Mr and Mrs Duck I called them and while they could fly, they didnt fly far.

They cleared out my garden of snails in no time and were quite intelligent creatures. Mr Duck was friends with my sister in laws dog, even going so far as to grooming him.

So, yes I understand the attachment and while I am sure many members will find the juvenile humor of duck dinners as oh so tempting, perhaps you might try resisting that temptation and instead try to be helpful to someone who is worried instead.

hey we had a duck and ducklings walk through our yard on bang por beach just a few days ago. not sure which day exactly. was quite an interesting sight, my neighbor and i were trying to herd them away from the road (and the isaan construction workers next door haha) and back towards the beach.

not sure that's the one you are referring to, because you mentioned only one. this was at least five or six.

Many thanks SBK.

You are absolutely right about the attachment. I also had 2 ducks in UK and whilst they weren't quite as interactive as Beach Duck they were lovely and gave us a lot of joy.

And Beach Duck DOES groom the puppies ... and me as well (which in fact is actually quite painful at times!)

I know it's probably too late, but you never know...

Found - rescue efforts are underway. :rolleyes:

Congrats, you are the first to succumb to the need for irrelevant juvenile humor. Well done.

Thanks - and hope you felt superior after your statement. :)

Actually I do feel superior telling you that you are trolling. Keep it up. No need to hijack a thread & side track it for your amusement.

Found - rescue efforts are underway. :rolleyes:

Congrats, you are the first to succumb to the need for irrelevant juvenile humor. Well done.

Thanks - and hope you felt superior after your statement. :)

Actually I do feel superior telling you that you are trolling. Keep it up.

Whats wrong with some light humor guys? Hunting in packs today. ;)

Don't worry. This is wide open for humour, I know that and expected it.

Payboy's response was fairly tame and inoffensive really and to be honest I expected 100 times worse.

I don't mind as long as it get's the word out and maybe ... just maybe we can get her back. Any funny post or troll just means it's gets bumped to the top of the list!!!

Whats wrong with some light humor guys? Hunting in packs today. ;)

I have lots of humour,we hunt in a brace .Just like to give a topic a chance before deviating. Is that too much to ask?

Saw some Ducks the other day off the ring road by Tesco Chewang, the soi was a dead end with a small pond and many ducks, as I stopped my Daughter said what are they doing Dad, two of the white Ducks were at it, the one on top was holding the other ones head under the water, looked quite violent.

Anyway your Duck could have found some mates or maybe just the one

Many thanks Joe but sadly it is not our duck. She doesn't have any ducklings.

Maybe she was pregnant and flew off?

The apt complex where I lived in Florida had a lake filled with ducks. I used to feed them all the time and they were great to have around. The adults wouldn't get too close but the ducklings had no fear and would even stand on my feet while I was tossing out popcorn. Sometimes I would stand on the deck where the pool was and feed them down in the lake. While they all fought for the snacks, one gimpy one would come up on the deck behind me and I would give him a pile for himself. Ducks are cool. Good luck.

I have just seen a Duck this mornng, very dark in colour, almost black outside Dr Somsaks vet clininc in Chaweng, opposite the post office. I have never seen this here before. Not sure if is the one as i couldn't see a description of yours, but i only quickly skim read the post. Good luck, hope you find her safe!

Its a missing person thread! Does it get more serious than this? rolleyes.gif

We used to have a visiting duck at our hospital in East London....a paddling pool was supplied each year and you could watch the ducklings learning to swim from the dining room.

Rumours that the pool was sponsored by the Golden Dragon across the street are untrue before anyone starts...biggrin.gif

Its a missing person thread!

I don't think those are allowed, are they?

No. Missing persons threads in general are not allowed , unless you have special permission from administration. But we have allowed missing pets.

Never thought of a duck as a person , but Smokie's interpretations can be different at certain times.

Its a missing person thread!

I don't think those are allowed, are they?

No. Missing persons threads in general are not allowed , unless you have special permission from administration. But we have allowed missing pets.

Never thought of a duck as a person , but Smokie's interpretations can be different at certain times.

Sheesh.....ducks have feeling too....

Oops I meant shish.....biggrin.gif

Thanks everybody for your responses. It's great to see how many other special ducks there are around and the good feeling that they seem to bring.

Sadly we haven't found Duck and have to concede that it's now not looking good.

I would like to think that she was preggers and flew off but she had never seen another duck so I think it's unlikely!

Very, very sad. It's most definitely not the same without her around. She made me smile and lit up my day. We miss you Duck!!!

Such a waste of an amazing creature. :crying:

Great video! .. :D

Is this your duck?

If so I think it's mating season and got other things on his mind... other than chasing dogs....

My neighbours have lots of ducks (soon to be more ;) ) So if Duck does not show up... you can get a couple more and call them Benny and Hill - ary... :D

As for the cat, he did not eat the chicks or duckling....

But really hope Duck shows up.... always sad to lose a pet....

post-85461-0-48068400-1324393035_thumb.j

post-85461-0-21057600-1324393060_thumb.j