Great New Fm Station

KImoLolo

TRANSLATION:

I really like music radio stations. I hate talk radio, that say, they play music. There is one DJ that is the exception, known as “The Doris”. (he might be saying he likes The Doors. I’m not sure about this part). I love 89.5.

From Shot:

I expect 1 Baht per reader for my translation service. And, I do not have a work permit.:blink:

TRANSLATION:

I expect 1 Baht per reader for my translation service. And, I do not have a work permit.:blink:

Naah. You don't have a business case. Too many members have already learned how to communicate with the bar girl English.

I didn't get enough music untill 89.5 came on the air....

What? You don't own an iPod or a computer? You needed a radio station? What world and decade do you live in?

ive had a car for 2 years now and i still havnt taken the time to put my mp3s.. some of us are lazy and get stuck with the bad music

Anyways 89.5 is amazing. Music all day long.

Music to english people i mean. It's 90% pre-recorded UK shows. crappiest station on the island

92.75 seems to be new with music 90% of the time. lots of alternative and jazzy music.

I have no idea what you are talking about with your 2nd sentence. Please clarify.

DJ Doris is on 91.5 in the weekday afternoons & also does a great show, "The Old Record Club", on Monday nights from 7pm.

TRANSLATION:

I really like music radio stations. I hate talk radio, that say, they play music. There is one DJ that is the exception, known as "The Doris". (he might be saying he likes The Doors. I'm not sure about this part). I love 89.5.

From Shot:

Can you please translate all of his post it dose make it easier. Do you except PayPal ?

Tend to agree, the music on 89.5 is great.

But one thing that annoys the heck out of me, is that Toothfairy nonsense they keep sending every 10 minutes... it's simply not funny to anyone with an IQ bigger than his shoe size. PLEASE try and come up with something better than...

well they got their shiz together and the music has been "Prettay prettay" good and a lot less pre-recorded boring blahblah.. Hell within 20mins they played men without hat and run dmc.. big thumps up.. big change from Doris and his 12year old girl playlist with a random good song from a request.

• 3 weeks later...

I've started listening to 89.5 and must say that it is currently much better than its competitors (well for me anyway). Better music than 91.5, fewer ads, at least for the time being, professional sounding DJs (though Oscar and Doris are pretty good).

The 90.5 presenters are generally pretty poor.

Keep it up guys, if any of you read this.

91.5 signal does vary a lot as you drive around but I wouldn't say that 89.5 is 'always strong' and, in my experience, has just as many dead spots as 91.5. To, me 90.5 has the most consistent signal.

It would be interesting to see how many people actually listen to these local radio stations whilst at home in Phuket? I reckon that many people will only normally listen while driving around and therefore I think having a consistent signal around the island is quite important to the success of the stations.

Anyone know what happened to that DJ on 89.5 (the 'Wise Man' or something?)? He was there at the start and seemed quite good to me but haven't heard him for a while.