Ups Branch In Cm?

pete66

I want to send a package to Samut Prakan, but its so valuable (to me), I don't really want to use Thai Post Office. I actually don't like saying that because they have been good with me, but I just don't want take risk because its Christmas presents for my children that I bought in Hong Kong .....

Anyone know where UPS "outlets" are in Chiang Mai?

Any other rapid/safe delivery options?

Many thx

I've used the Thai postal service "EMS" several times and it has always been fine. It's a tad more expensive than normal mail but still cheap. I just walk up to the counter and say "EMS."

Otherwise, there is a rapid delivery service near Chang Puak gate (northern gate.) Inside the moat on your left hand side as you are going west. I think it is UPS or maybe DHL. I've used them twice with no issues, but it is a lot more expensive that EMS, maybe over 1,000 baht for the weight of 50 pieces of paper.

I would also recommend EMS. There are a number of smaller mini-van companies in the bus station at Chang Phueak that specialize in courier type services. I've sent a number of things that way to Chang Dao, Chiang Rai, etc. for 200-300 THB. Samut Prakan may be out of their covered area though. But you just get a receipt and -- well anything could happen.

EMS has point to point tracking which even FedEx, DHL, etc. don't have and it is very cheap inside Thailand. If you take the package early in the morning there is a good chance it will arrive the next day in Samut Prakan.

Thirded - just use EMS, from your local post office. Inside Thailand it's pretty cheap, even, internationally it's 600 BHT for documents. You get a tracking number and can track packages online.

This one's a UPS office:

Otherwise, there is a rapid delivery service near Chang Puak gate (northern gate.) Inside the moat on your left hand side as you are going west. I think it is UPS or maybe DHL. I've used them twice with no issues, but it is a lot more expensive that EMS, maybe over 1,000 baht for the weight of 50 pieces of paper.