Mobile Phone To Send Texts In Thai?

Trebilcock

Hi. Want to buy my wife (here in the UK) a new mobile for Christmas so she can send texts to her friends back home in Thai, ie in Thai script. Could somebody advise please on what phone would be best; maybe an I-Phone, but which model? Also, she's currently locked into a contract with Vodafone, so could she simply take the SIM card out of their handset, put it in the new one, and go? Sorry if this seems a bit basic to some people, but as you will have gathered I'm not really au fait with the latest in mobiles. Thanks for reading, and for any advice.

I don't know if they still do but LG phones used to have Thai language on their phones as standard.

If you buy a phone from either Carphone Wharehouse or Phones 4U they usually come unlocked so they'll accept any sim, their staff are usually helpful and will tell you if you ask. Likewise they should be able to tell you or look for you to see if Thai language is built into a particular phone.

Edited by sumrit

I bought mine a Sony Ericsson walkman phone in the UK and reflashed it using an online service.

I have never had an iphone, but I do have an ipod touch and was easily able to set up Thai as an input language.

I now use an Android phone, and it was easy to download a keyboard that changes between Thai and English.