Minimum Baht Should I Have?

Hi guys,

I would like to know, is there any role (from govt. especially) for how many 'minimum amount' of Baht I should have to enter Thailand? I will come to Thailand on next year for working, and my working document has been processed well by coy in Thai.

It will be my first trip to Thailand. :)

Thanks before. :)

Regards,

Duren.

Minimum Thai Baht? I really don't think there is any min in Baht to enter, what if you can't buy bahts in your country? I think there might be a min in THB OR equivalent in foreign currency.

As a poster above said, they never asked anyone (we know of) to prove that.

I came here first time with no bahts at all, exchanged some at the airport and was on my way.

Good luck, don't get scammed! ;):D

Minimum Thai Baht? I really don't think there is any min in Baht to enter, what if you can't buy bahts in your country? I think there might be a min in THB OR equivalent in foreign currency.

As a poster above said, they never asked anyone (we know of) to prove that.

I came here first time with no bahts at all, exchanged some at the airport and was on my way.

Good luck, don't get scammed! ;):D

Hi Shurup,

Thanks to ur info. Wow...nice to know that, then it makes me more relax. :)

I have never been asked or checked for currency when coming to Thailand. It would come in handy to have a few hundred baht which you may need for the taxi fare to your hotel.

Be careful with private taxi services, many will approach you at the airport and offer a ride for anywhere between 1,500 and 2,500 baht.

There are plenty of ATMs wherever you go.

Have a great time in Thailand!