Thai Language Teacher

111tingtong

TingTong,

Some questions.

What if any is your current level of Thai language?

What are your expectations/aspirations ? Basic surival/ read/ write or whatever?

What s your your budget. do you wish one-to one; group or school?

Perhaps I can help you but I need you to clarifify.

TingTong,

Some questions.

What if any is your current level of Thai language?

What are your expectations/aspirations ? Basic surival/ read/ write or whatever?

What s your your budget. do you wish one-to one; group or school?

Perhaps I can help you but I need you to clarifify.

I have a very basic grasp of the language. Would like good conversational skills and able to read and write, quite serious about learning. It needs to be private lessons as I work out the country on a month on/off rotational basis. I don't have a budget and don't mind paying the going rate for good tuition but I won't be sucked into extortionate rates like some places are asking for private 1 to 1.I hear good things from Pro Language and their rates seem reasonable for private tuition. I have also researched pros and cons from several language schools in Chiang Mai. However was speaking with a friend and he suggested I put a post on TV for up to date info regarding teachers. I might then be able to attract the attention of some of the university teachers who are looking to make extra income. I was goingntomgo with Pro Language but I thought I would try this avenue first to see if it produces anything worthwhile.There must be someone that has had some excellent experiences with certain private teachers reading this forum.

Thanks

Boonmark from AUA is about the best I have ever found.

My teacher at YMCA does private tutoring. I have had her for two group reading and writing classes so far and really like her. She teaches spoken conversation Thai also. I'll be seeing her later today and will ask her if she is interested. If she wants me to, I will PM you with her contact information.

Hiya

I recommend Ajarn Pat. He can teach you one to one at a time that is suitable for you and it doesn't need to be regular. He has some good resources and he can teach you basic (and beyond) conversation and he has a pretty good course for the basics of reading and writing as well. His prices are reasonable. He is based in Santhitham close to Chang Phuek, he's a nice guy and the classes were always enjoyable and not too heavy.

http://learnthaichiangmai.com/

Boonmark from AUA is about the best I have ever found.

I second this !!!

He is easily the best of all teachers in the Kingdom ! Plus he is such a pleasant character, and learning Thai with him will be fun too. His English is excellent. Do NOT sign anywhere else before taking an hour with Boonmark or at least talking to him.

and the 1-to-1 rates at AUA are more than reasonable !

Walen prices are not extortionate, lost of students so not sure where you got this idea from, obviously there are students willing to pay what we believe is reasonable and those prices were tested. You can say that you are looking for something cheaper and that Walen is too expensive but for many students it is not.

Walen School - what we do works

Walen prices are not extortionate, lost of students so not sure where you got this idea from, obviously there are students willing to pay what we believe is reasonable and those prices were tested. You can say that you are looking for something cheaper and that Walen is too expensive but for many students it is not.

22,500 Baht for 30 hrs blink.gif. Was going to try Walen however done some research and realized too many negativities. All the best with your business.

Walen School - its just too expensive

Edited by 111tingtong

22,500 Baht for 30 hrs blink.gif. Was going to try Walen however done some research and realized too many negativities. All the best with your business.

It's unbelievable that someone would charge this kind of money! 750 Baht per hour??? I may be wrong but I would guess that this is a farang-owned agency. I would avoid any kind of farang owned agency for learning Thai language. Why not learn from a Thai? This is Thailand.

It's unbelievable that someone would charge this kind of money! 750 Baht per hour??? I may be wrong but I would guess that this is a farang-owned agency. I would avoid any kind of farang owned agency for learning Thai language. Why not learn from a Thai? This is Thailand.

Yes, but these are private lessons and the most expensive option as you quoted the price for 30 lessons only. If students buy more price is much cheaper and we get a lot of students buying 180 lesson packages. It works.

On the other hand our group lessons are very cheap. Only 24,960 Baht for 180 lessons. You have done some research and realized too many negatives. Sorry, but this simply cannot be true. We give guarantee on our work. If you really want to learn Thai then Walen is a good choice but please yourself if you think too many negatives like higher price. We also have DCS system, if you join you can even learn and make money.

Walen School - excellent choice.