Yerba Mate (strong Herb Tea) In Thailand?

Thaiquila

If they did sell it in LOS I think the brand name would have to be changed,  it sounds too much like Yaa-Baa

Hmmm.

I guess you mean Yerba and Yaa-Baa sound similar.

Yerba mate is the technical name of the herb, not a brand name, it is most commonly just called mate, pronounced mah-tay.

It is a stimulant, and offers a caffeine like experience.

Like coffee, it is addictive.

Yerba mate is the technical name of the herb, not a brand name,

The botanical name is “Ilex paraguayensis” but I don’t know if and where it might be sold in Thailand.

Perhaps there are not enough Argentineans living in Thailand to create sufficient demand for it.

Thaiquila, if you’re hooked on Mate and start having withdrawal symptoms :o you can order it by mail. One supplier I found is here. Or a friend back home could buy it at a local store and mail it to you.

Make sure they send it by letter mail, not parcel post, and affix a correctly filled-in customs declaration form CN22.

Yerba mate is the technical name of the herb, not a brand name,

The botanical name is “Ilex paraguayensis” but I don’t know if and where it might be sold in Thailand.

Perhaps there are not enough Argentineans living in Thailand to create sufficient demand for it.

Yes, true, very few Argie Pargies in LOS, though there do seem to more South Americans at least visiting, so maybe there is hope someone will stock it.

Funny thing, it seems the perfect substance for Thais who love energy drinks, and this stuff is much cheaper, even with import markups.

Does anyone know if Thai customs would have a problem with casually bringing in a kilo of raw herbs? (Sealed in a bag of course.)

Edited by Thaiquila

Thaiquila, if you’re hooked on Mate and start having withdrawal symptoms :D you can order it by mail. One supplier I found is here. Or a friend back home could buy it at a local store and mail it to you.

Make sure they send it by letter mail, not parcel post, and affix a correctly filled-in customs declaration form CN22.

Some say it is an aphrodisiac as well.

Anyone care to stock it now? :o