American Martial Arts Bar Brawler Junie Browning: 'Not In Phuket'

webfact

This sounded like a pretty even match, they should drop the man hunt.

Thais don't even understand the meaning of the word fair fight, and typically they will

back down and run, if they don't think they will have a ratio of at least 4 to 1.

So matching that mentality up against a hot headed UFC guy, and everything looks about even.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another brush stroke in the painting of Phuket as Pattaya Redux. I was in a bar in Patong a couple of years ago when one of these MMA guys came in shooting off his mouth. He finally ended up getting rough with one of the girls, and unfortunately for him the friend I was with is former British SAS and dropped the guy like a sack of rice. I have personally been witness, as I am sure many of you have, to at least a dozen of these guys mouthing off in bars. They come to Phuket to train in Muy Thai, and start acting the bully. Unfortunately for them the toughest guy in the world can still get his ass kicked by a dozen guys. I find the story this guy is presenting is highly improbable in the idea that he is a completely innocent victim. I think we all can read between the lines here. I have no sympathy for these bully's when they get their comeuppance. I have had too many terrific nights ruined by these wannabe tough guys. I am quite a burly guy, and they will often try to start with me. Unfortunately while I am a big guy, I have been in too many fights for my life and friends lives to get a rise out of fighting for fun.

At this stage of the game anyone who goes to Patong beach is doing so at their own risk. pretty soon all of Phuket will be lost to Russians and thugs. There are no shortage of nice vacation places in Thailand and elsewhere. People need to speak with their dollars and let Phuket fall to the barbarians.

Another brush stroke in the painting of Phuket as Pattaya Redux. I was in a bar in Patong a couple of years ago when one of these MMA guys came in shooting off his mouth. He finally ended up getting rough with one of the girls, and unfortunately for him the friend I was with is former British SAS and dropped the guy like a sack of rice. I have personally been witness, as I am sure many of you have, to at least a dozen of these guys mouthing off in bars. They come to Phuket to train in Muy Thai, and start acting the bully. Unfortunately for them the toughest guy in the world can still get his ass kicked by a dozen guys. I find the story this guy is presenting is highly improbable in the idea that he is a completely innocent victim. I think we all can read between the lines here. I have no sympathy for these bully's when they get their comeuppance. I have had too many terrific nights ruined by these wannabe tough guys. I am quite a burly guy, and they will often try to start with me. Unfortunately while I am a big guy, I have been in too many fights for my life and friends lives to get a rise out of fighting for fun.

At this stage of the game anyone who goes to Patong beach is doing so at their own risk. pretty soon all of Phuket will be lost to Russians and thugs. There are no shortage of nice vacation places in Thailand and elsewhere. People need to speak with their dollars and let Phuket fall to the barbarians.

I think you are confusing MMA guys with "wannabe MMA guys".

As you say, there are dozens of guys who come to train Muay Thai who think they are something special, buy some pretty shorts, mouth off to the wrong guy(s) and get an ass whooping.

Proper MMA guys are rarely our getting drunk or causing trouble, but I'm sure there are exceptions....like Junie. Although his record is 4 wins, 5 losses, so he's not really that much.

So, lets not put all guys doing a 4 week stint at Tiger Muay Thai as "MMA guys"....because that would be overstating their ability and willingness to fight in a real cage.

Why does everyone except me have ex-SAS or Special Forces friends?

Thais don't even understand the meaning of the word fair fight, and typically they will

back down and run, if they don't think they will have a ratio of at least 4 to 1.

What does this have to do with this case?

The guy was a trained fighter and sustained heavy injuries, so no matter who is

telling the truth it can be assertained beyond a resonable doubt that the fight was

him vs. multiple other people.

If it was one on one, I am sure he would have beat down the other person without even breaking a nail.

I have seen at least a dozen fights in Thailand, never seen a bunch of foreigners beating up on one

person, it was either Thais beating on foreigners or on other Thais.

Also, he has the injuries to confirm the bottle being dropped on his head, again never seen a foreigner

use a weapon like this in bar fight in Thailand, but I have been treatened, with a knife, broken bottle, bat

in bars in Thailand, again always by a local citizen.

This is probably because most foreigners know (no matter how drunk they are), if you swing the knife the wrong way in a western country and you might

go to jail for the rest of your life, instead of for the night.

So it is safe to guess that the majority of the people on team "Beat UFC guy down" were

not foreigners.

Was that enough connecting the dots for you.

Having spent a few years in thailand drinking in more then a few bars, it's unfortunate that his story sounds all too believable. He obviously has the physical scars to back it up as well. He did exactly the right thing and got the hell out in order to try and get any sort of fair shake in the matter. With more eyes on the story and it getting world wide attention I am sure all of the truth will eventually get out, but you really can't fake getting stabbed and smashed over the head with bottles. Well hopefully he gave as good as he got and some of those other people have learned a lesson or two about attacking a lone guy they perceived as an easy victim.

Agree with you , The thruth lays somewhere between what he say ,and what has come out. The Mendez guy need to be looked into more , and it is a list off people that was there. Should be easy to find out if ask the people there to tell the story , and then ask them to tell the story again on paper . a lie you dont rember , and to tell a lie correct over 2 times is very hard.

Normaly a fighter with some brains , is the calm type with some selfcontrol. THE key to the story , is how it started !! . That some guys go down , thats expected if all is one the trained fighter and want bring him down.

telling the truth it can be assertained beyond a resonable doubt that the fight was

If it was one on one, I am sure he would have beat down the other person without even breaking a nail.

I have seen at least a dozen fights in Thailand, never seen a bunch of foreigners beating up on one

Also, he has the injuries to confirm the bottle being dropped on his head, again never seen a foreigner

use a weapon like this in bar fight in Thailand, but I have been treatened, with a knife, broken bottle, bat

This is probably because most foreigners know (no matter how drunk they are), if you swing the knife the wrong way in a western country and you might

So it is safe to guess that the majority of the people on team "Beat UFC guy down" were

not foreigners.

Did you bother to read this thread before you posted? Or the one that was closed on this topic before this one? While the Phuket Gazette isn't the best news source around here, I can't mention the one that is, due to ThaiVisa.com rules. It was a fight with some Aussies and another American. Plus one Thai woman, who supposedly owned the bar, who was wielding the knife. But don't let the news accounts influence your interpretation of the events... You could try reading the news, before making assumptions! http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2011/article11741.html

Sounds much like a regular 'day in the life' night out in King st Melbourne..... or Darwin.

Shame they cant kiss and make up.

What I dont get is when he says they are all 'standing there after the brawl uninjured' or something to that effect, then two of the alledged assautlers end up in a hospital bed next to him......

Edited by walterego

Bloody awful. this sort of thing happens a lot, particularly in Phuket it seems. However this one is very sus - the apparently 'innocent' text message, the 'healthy' assailants being hospitalised, etc. no history between them given? looks like a tar baby to me - don't touch it.

Bloody awful. this sort of thing happens a lot, particularly in Phuket it seems. However this one is very sus - the apparently 'innocent' text message, the 'healthy' assailants being hospitalised, etc. no history between them given? looks like a tar baby to me - don't touch it.

Yeah, bar brawls never happen anywhere but Phuket... Right? But when there are, in my opinion too many Muay Thai and MMA camps around here these days, sh't happens. Especially when alcohol is in the mix.

Yeah, bar brawls never happen anywhere but Phuket... Right? But when there are, in my opinion too many Muay Thai and MMA camps around here these days, sh't happens. Especially when alcohol is in the mix.

In those immortal words, congruent with the incident under discussion: "you talkin' to me, punk" "feelin' lucky"

In those immortal words, congruent with the incident under discussion: "you talkin' to me, punk" "feelin' lucky"

Clint! I use to see him and his wife at my local market in California... A very humble man, unlike these punks.

Clint! I use to see him and his wife at my local market in California... A very humble man, unlike these punks.

Sorry. Can't help myself.I have all of them on DVD.I think this pic is from Magnum Force.

post-123755-0-49557400-1324478411_thumb.

Edited by LivinginKata

Sorry. Can't help myself.I have all of them on DVD.I think this pic is from Magnum Force.

I have all his movies too. The Dirty Harry's, the original western TV series he appeared in; Rawhide. As well as the spaghetti westerns. My wife calls the Dirty Harry movies; Guy with the big gun! I saw the filming of Sudden Impact. It was shot around my neighborhood in California. But this is a bit off topic. I've also worked MMA events in CA, but here they are just wanna be's it seems to me. And there are too many gyms here that are willing to take their money. The mix of alcohol, testosterone and Muay Thai is a really bad combination!

The guy writes impeccably.

For someone who is dizzy I have to agree, and even with the head trauma he remembers a lot of details.

But this is one side of the story, what about the other side.

This is not written of his own hand for sure. I had a look at his videos on YouTube and he's not capable of putting a complete sentence together. Something is really off base in all of this.

I agree hedonist44, the man is hard put to string a few words together, AND have them make any sense. This was written by somebody who can do so.

I agree hedonist44, the man is hard put to string a few words together, AND have them make any sense. This was written by somebody who can do so.

Yes, it's called a "wife". Her name is Louna Now, this may come as a surprise for some farangs, but plenty of men do end up marrying a "smart" girl. even if she sports a tramp stamp and smokes like a chimney. I would expect that the lovely Louna offered her support in many ways. Why not give the happy couple a ring-a ding-ding? They are not in hiding and have already met with the local police. This is a tempest in a teapot.

Proper MMA guys are rarely our getting drunk or causing trouble, but I'm sure there are exceptions....like Junie. Although his record is 4 wins, 5 losses, so he's not really that much.

Why does everyone except me have ex-SAS or Special Forces friends?

True. That is why I used the phrase wannabe tough guys. In my experience the real tough guys rarely feel compelled to prove it. Usually genuine toughness stems from a life and death need to be tough, not a desire to beat people up. That comes from a deep seated inferiority, and a denial of the fact that you are probably a homo. Why else would you take such joy from rolling around with sweaty guys.

Unfortunately if you are famous enough to be well known there is always someone trying to give themselves a boost by knocking someone else around.

As for the ex SF friends I cant comment other that to say, I met more ex SEALs on one long weekend in Pattaya than when I was working with SEALs in Iraq. Funny thing about all the guys I know who were SF or SAS etc...they almost never bring it up to a stranger on a Song Tao...

Yes quite impeccable writing for someone in such distress, and so much detail from somone suffering head trauma.

Beat the hell out of him for absolutely no reason eh? I don't think so.

The guy is a maniac, didn't understand Thai mob mentality and was given a flogging. I also doubt they were wanting reparation payment for nothing. Perhaps if we wait a few more days we'll get the real story.

Not sure about the Thai mob bit - I didn't think it was Thais he was fighting with.

He does seem to have changed his mind from his alleged previous facebook post quoted in the other topic:

"On a positive note, I managed to break a few orbital bones, at least a couple jaws, and (left) some unconscious bodies laying on the ground before I blacked out from loss of blood and apparently had to be resuscitated in the ambulance. So, how was your weekend?"

as he is now claiming "All of my attackers remained standing in the bar unharmed"

Same thing occurred to me. Suddenly they're in the hospital bed right next to our hero. He had gone to this guy's party with his 2 girl entourage [why, if didn't know anyone there? ] and when they left, they were set upon by a huge mob of murderous lunatics intent on his assassination. I suspect a key part of the puzzle is missing.

not foreigners.

Keep on guessing blink.png

once when I arrived at Sydney airport the immigration official said to me " do you have a criminal record " I replied " I did'nt realise you still needed one "rolleyes.gif

And then you got deported.

If the Aussies will fine a guy $400 and send him onward to his Bali vacation as punishment for threatening the captain and crew during a flight, then the reaction to that joke would have probably just been a puzzled stare much as a dog gives when hearing a high pitched noise

once when I arrived at Sydney airport the immigration official said to me " do you have a criminal record " I replied " I did'nt realise you still needed one "rolleyes.gif

hahaha once i went to a bar in Caracas, Venezuela and the bouncers were frisking everybody,

he asked me if I had a gun, I said I didn't know I needed one. lol

There were no Thai men involved. He hit a girl and spoilt a good birthday party.

You are correct that no Thai men were involved. But what do you base your second sentence on. Where you there and witnessed him hitting a girl or is there some credible source for that "information?"

• 4 weeks later...