Married Men

MsClueless

Smokie36 - "If you can't talk to a woman and make her laugh...read the signs...ask her if she's like to meet again for a drink/meet up again without resorting to sex talk at a first meeting then you are a moron."

Couldn't agree more. If you can't make the woman laugh then you are wasting your time - she's unlikely to be interested enough to even go out on another date.

If she laughs - you need to recognise whether she is just being polite or genuinely enjoys your company.

Either way, "resorting to sex talk at a first meeting" will only work on v rare occasions in most social gatherings. 99 to 1 the woman will be offended and consider the culprit an idiot, with nothing to recommend him.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read recently that 57% of all married men in Thailand are cheating on their wife.

But ... 63% of all married women in Thailand do too!

So may be the OP is coming down a bit from the moral high grounds. It's a normal thing here. Thai culture.

That survey was by a condom company....they had a vested interest in promoting promiscuity. Id wager it was an unscientific survey, perhaps even just a 'fill in the weblink survey; for allcomers.

Actually I made up the figures, biggrin.pngbiggrin.png . You see, I believe only in statistics I falsified myself.

Smokie36 - "If you can't talk to a woman and make her laugh...read the signs...ask her if she's like to meet again for a drink/meet up again without resorting to sex talk at a first meeting then you are a moron."

Couldn't agree more. If you can't make the woman laugh then you are wasting your time - she's unlikely to be interested enough to even go out on another date.

If she laughs - you need to recognise whether she is just being polite or genuinely enjoys your company.

Either way, "resorting to sex talk at a first meeting" will only work on v rare occasions in most social gatherings. 99 to 1 the woman will be offended and consider the culprit an idiot, with nothing to recommend him.

It is patently obvious you don't have a clue what I'm taking about.

If I want to spend the best part of a night making a woman laugh and having intelligent conversation it is because I find her attractive and want her as a potential girlfriend. That being the case I would definitely not want to sleep with her on the first night and if it came to that then I wouldn't want her as a girlfriend.

If I just want to shag a woman then I'm not going to waste her night or mine by engaging in conversation I'm not interested in. If the woman doesn't want it then a simple 'no' is suffice and we can both go seperate ways and both haven't wasted time. I don't care if she declines because I was abrupt or too forward. I don't care about the 99 that think I'm an idiot, doesn't matter to me, why would I care about people that don't like me. But the one that doesn't think I'm an idiot and agrees to sex then we both get what we want.

• Like 1

Amazing how it's always turned as the woman's fault

A guy says vulgar things to a woman when they meet at a business setting but it's her fault she said hello and smiled?

She walks away in embarrassment because of his vulgar words and he's being a gentleman???

Well if a woman is embarrassed or gets angry because someone asks her for a shag then yes it is her fault.

Must be many men wandering down soi 6 in Pattaya absolutely furious with women. passifier.gif

Some women just need to lighten up.

If you can't talk to a woman and make her laugh...read the signs...ask her if she's like to meet again for a drink/meet up again without resorting to sex talk at a first meeting then you are a moron.

I suspect you spend way too much of your time on Soi 6 or in Nana Plaza. The last refuges of sad and pathetic old men who have no real understanding or care for women at all.

I agree that if I wanted to meet up a second time etc then it would not be wise for sex talk. But that is not what I want, I want to have sex so I will ask. If you think i'm a moron then it really doesn't matter to me because I'm not interested in you at all and don't care what you think.

BTW, I've been to Nana Plaza once, for 1 beer so can't really comment on the place. I've been to soi 6 once, just to walk up it and see what all the fuss is about but it didn't interest me. Though I certainly didn't take offence at being asked to shag every 5 metres then come on a forum to complain about it.

I was going to suggest you would know more about those places than me but your comment about pathetic old men was nothing like what I saw when walking through it. But if you have more experience in those places than me then I won't disagree with you Though I'm confused as to why you would frequent such places if they are the refuge of pathetic old men and you don't like it?

• Like 1

There is no answer to this response...

Wallaby - why are you on the Ladies forum? Its obvious that you have no interest in what women think.

I see women comment in the men's forum. Are men not allowed in the ladies forum?

Again you only read into things what you want. I said that if I'm interested in a woman then I will have good conversation and want to know her better and hope for more dates. Is that not an interest in what women think?

Wallaby - why are you on the Ladies forum? Its obvious that you have no interest in what women think.

I see women comment in the men's forum. Are men not allowed in the ladies forum?

Again you only read into things what you want. I said that if I'm interested in a woman then I will have good conversation and want to know her better and hope for more dates. Is that not an interest in what women think?

I hadn't realised that other forums were the province of males only.... Naively I thought that they were open to men as well as the (relatively few) women here.

Its been made v clear that the 'ladies' forum is open to everyone but, I repeat, you have made it obvious you are not interested in the 'ladies' views - so why read or post?

Edited by F1fanatic

I hadn't realised that other forums were the province of males only.... Naively I thought that they were open to men as well as the (relatively few) women here.

Its been made v clear that the 'ladies' forum is open to everyone but, I repeat, you have made it obvious you are not interested in the 'ladies' views - so why read or post?

Because you need to be educated.giggle.gif

I've been looking in on this thread now and then and all I can say is WOW! I'm no angel by any stretch of the imagination but man oh man, some of you guys are seriously F'ed up! Blaming the OP for some guys acting like jerks, and thinking that their behaviour was acceptable, etc,etc. I can't imagine how you treat people in your everyday lives, your attitudes are mind boggling. There is no reason to not treat someone with courtesy and respect, unless unusual circumstances dictate a change in behaviour. Please cut out the biological imperative crap and the disingenuous "cutting to the chase and not wasting time" BS as well, I can't help but think you know that you're acting like a holes, and if you don't then there is really something seriously wrong with you. I am embarrassed by and for you!

Sorry Ladies, rant over. I will now get back to my regularly scheduled vacation in Costa Rica

Amazing how it's always turned as the woman's fault

A guy says vulgar things to a woman when they meet at a business setting but it's her fault she said hello and smiled?

She walks away in embarrassment because of his vulgar words and he's being a gentleman???

Well if a woman is embarrassed or gets angry because someone asks her for a shag then yes it is her fault.

Must be many men wandering down soi 6 in Pattaya absolutely furious with women. passifier.gif

Some women just need to lighten up.

If you can't talk to a woman and make her laugh...read the signs...ask her if she's like to meet again for a drink/meet up again without resorting to sex talk at a first meeting then you are a moron.

I suspect you spend way too much of your time on Soi 6 or in Nana Plaza. The last refuges of sad and pathetic old men who have no real understanding or care for women at all.

I agree that if I wanted to meet up a second time etc then it would not be wise for sex talk. But that is not what I want, I want to have sex so I will ask. If you think i'm a moron then it really doesn't matter to me because I'm not interested in you at all and don't care what you think.

BTW, I've been to Nana Plaza once, for 1 beer so can't really comment on the place. I've been to soi 6 once, just to walk up it and see what all the fuss is about but it didn't interest me. Though I certainly didn't take offence at being asked to shag every 5 metres then come on a forum to complain about it.

I was going to suggest you would know more about those places than me but your comment about pathetic old men was nothing like what I saw when walking through it. But if you have more experience in those places than me then I won't disagree with you Though I'm confused as to why you would frequent such places if they are the refuge of pathetic old men and you don't like it?

I've read all of your posts on here now Wallaby and you appear to have the mental age of an adolescent. If you can't show some understanding of women then its best not to stand up in a room full of women and air your views. You wouldn't do it in person so don't make a scene here.

You should be thankful you have the veil of the internet to hide behind and read what's been written. Perhaps you may learn something if you bother to listen rather than spouting garbage.

• Like 1

This forum is a plce for women to feel comfortable and IMO you just crossed a line Wallaby. I would reccommend you drop rhis line of behavior now

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I didn't think it was allowed to discuss moderation?

I await similar public posts from you against the women that have made personal attacks on me. Or is it only the women that are allowed a d to feel comfortable.

I've been looking in on this thread now and then and all I can say is WOW! I'm no angel by any stretch of the imagination but man oh man, some of you guys are seriously F'ed up! Blaming the OP for some guys acting like jerks, and thinking that their behaviour was acceptable, etc,etc. I can't imagine how you treat people in your everyday lives, your attitudes are mind boggling. There is no reason to not treat someone with courtesy and respect, unless unusual circumstances dictate a change in behaviour. Please cut out the biological imperative crap and the disingenuous "cutting to the chase and not wasting time" BS as well, I can't help but think you know that you're acting like a holes, and if you don't then there is really something seriously wrong with you. I am embarrassed by and for you!

Sorry Ladies, rant over. I will now get back to my regularly scheduled vacation in Costa Rica

Tell me, would you feel baffled, angry, confused and upset if a girl asked you for sex?

Tell me, would you feel baffled, angry, confused and upset if a girl asked you for sex?

If this thread were an actual party you would now be talking to...

orandatank-1.jpg

Wallaby

You were comparing the ops situation to those that get propositioned by professionals who work in the field of body trade.

I have nothing against those that choose to buy and trade such service. Afterall it is their bodies.

But if a man (or a woman) blurt out to a random stranger in a setting where it's clearly not the trade business, it says more about their lack of basic manners than anything else.

You may try to find excuses about being open or not caring about the girl in question, but in reality most people would realise it is just offensive. Unless one is living in the stone age or still in animal kingdom / living in the woods/ or some bogan land where such behavior was acceptable and common.

I would even hazard a guess that if any man said such a thing to the op where she had another friend or family present, those other male friends would probably not stand by and let another ignorant man get away with such behavior.

The op was very unfortunate to meet such Ill mannered man. And to be honest wallaby, inspite of your words here, I think even you would not act in such a manner under the same circumstance. (well I really hope not!)

In the other instance perhaps the other men were more polite, but it does beg the question - why get married if these men didn't respect the arrangment of commitment and exclusivity.

Thanks Graham and smokie for restoring faith in the other gender. With some views expressed on here by a couple other men it is easy to make us women falter in our belief that there are still gentlemen out there.

• Like 1

Wallaby

You were comparing the ops situation to those that get propositioned by professionals who work in the field of body trade.

I have nothing against those that choose to buy and trade such service. Afterall it is their bodies.

But if a man (or a woman) blurt out to a random stranger in a setting where it's clearly not the trade business, it says more about their lack of basic manners than anything else.

You may try to find excuses about being open or not caring about the girl in question, but in reality most people would realise it is just offensive. Unless one is living in the stone age or still in animal kingdom where such behavior was acceptable and common.

I would even hazard a guess that if any man said such a thing to the op where she had another friend or family present, those other male friends would probably not stand by and let another ignorant man get away with such behavior.

The op was very unfortunate to meet such Ill mannered man. And to be honest wallaby, inspite of your words here, I think even you would not act in such a manner under the same circumstance. (well I really hope not!)

In the other instance perhaps the other men were more polite, but it does beg the question - why get married if these men didn't respect the arrangment of commitment and exclusivity.

Thanks Graham and smokie for restoring faith in the other gender. With some views expressed on here by a couple other men it is easy to make us women falter in our belief that there are still gentlemen out there.

MIG16 you are correct, I wouldn't just go and blurt it out, I would at least talke for a little, though it is very easy to get the wrong impression. Something I do like very much is that when I'm out, here in oz, and I ask a woman if she wants a drink there are times when they will say they have a man, prior to accepting the drink.

I do like that as it is then up to me to continue and buy the drink knowing I'm not going to get anywhere and they also are happy to leave me with the option of not buying it because they are taken. Saves both of us wasting our time.

I would think that most women don't like the idea of a married man playing up on their wives but nearly every male I know would never consider a man less for doing so and don't have a problem with friends that do. There are also quite a few women that really don't care if a man is married or not.

I have had many women proposition me and sometimes within an hour of meeting. No they aren't ladies of the night and no I didn't take offence, or angry, or confused, or baffled. I took it as a complement that they would want to do that with me. No problem.

(snip) I will no longer post on the ladies forum.

I think I just heard a lot of cheers. intheclub.gif

Edited by Boo
removed coment about moderation & admin.

I have had many women proposition me and sometimes within an hour of meeting. No they aren't ladies of the night and no I didn't take offence, or angry, or confused, or baffled. I took it as a complement that they would want to do that with me. No problem.

There certainly is a big difference in how a man and a woman consider a proposal of a quickie with a stranger.

I've had the occasion to speak openly about that precise with 3 'offended' women so far.

My short research so far yielded 3 possible causes which may come into play separately or in any combination:

- many women apparently don't like the feeling of being 'used' for the man's pleasure, regardless if they get pleasure at the same time or not

- many women have the strong ethical/moral belief that sex with strangers is bad/ a sin (probably stems from education)

- many women have strong ethical/moral beliefs regarding fidelity / not cheating

I don't think it is of much use to say that women in general should not be offended when they are offered sex by a stranger - many are offended in such a situation and let's accept that as a fact, logical or not.

The best would probably to find out in a conversation about the woman's stance on a number of sujects relating to the above before making any move.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel there is a big difference in behaviour of men who are in Thailand and who are at home. Especially if its guys that have been to the bar scene.These guys would never been acting like this at home. Many think every smile from a girl in Thailand is an invitation, and therefore act on it. I have never lived in Thailand, but im moving there with my wife next week, and Im very aware of the possibilities that will arise when I go out with my friends. But I have found the perfect wife, and are not willing to risk losing her just because of a one night stand. That said, I think many people are not afraid of losing their wifes, they assume they can ask for forgivnes and everything will be fine, especially if they have a wife that has worked in the bar scene. I think the divorce rate is like 50% now, so I guess many should never got married.

• 1 month later...

most of what i read here is not how man work , its really simple and i will explain it to you all fast and simple.

1) Man have good brain

2) man have penis

3) man dont have enough blood to let both work @ same timegiggle.gif

in general we cant help it ( man) people are not made to be with one person its aganst our instinct and in some ( this should be no excuse) there is the hunt that just makes all the risk worthfull

Edited by obi1970

• 5 weeks later...

most of what i read here is not how man work , its really simple and i will explain it to you all fast and simple.

1) Man have good brain

2) man have penis

3) man dont have enough blood to let both work @ same timegiggle.gif

in general we cant help it ( man) people are not made to be with one person its aganst our instinct and in some ( this should be no excuse) there is the hunt that just makes all the risk worthfull

Absolute nonsense. Do you think women arent swayed by flattery and good looking men? Of course we are! If a couple have agreed to be monogamous, and they have love and respect for each other, then rational thought and consideration (should) take over, no matter what temptation. If you are happy and put in effort in your relationship, and vice-versa, why taint that? Honestly fed up with this kind of bullshit excuse.

• Like 1

I've been married twice, had numerous girlfriends when I wasn't married, and have never cheated or attempted to cheat on any of them. If you're in a relationship, trust should be the most important part of that relationship, otherwise why enter into it in the first place.

• Like 1

The big problem with cheating is that you are exposing your partner to health risks. People mostly focus on the emotional aspects but I would consider this the bigger crime. And obviously I am talking more about male infidelity of a certain nature.