PM Yingluck Slams Budget Bureau For Slow Allocation: Flood Relief Funds

webfact

FLOOD RELIEF FUNDS

PM slams Budget Bureau for slow allocation

PIYANART SRIVALO

THE NATION

30172216-01_big.JPG

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and Cabinet ministers have lashed out at the Budget Bureau for a delay of disbursement of funds to support flood-relief efforts.

Yingluck expressed her concern about a delay in disbursement of Bt20.11 billion that the Cabinet approved on December 12, Government Spokeswoman Thitima Chaisaeng said yesterday after the Cabinet meeting.

"I promised flood victims that relief funds should reach them within three days, but many people in several areas have not yet received [any money]. What is the problem?" Thitima quoted Yingluck as saying to ministers at the meeting.

The prime minister was not happy with the response by the Budget Bureau director, who said the office needed to wait for project proposals from state agencies, Thitima said.

Yingluck ordered the bureau to speed up disbursement, completing it within a week, Thitima said. The next phase of funding worth Bt27 billion is to be allocated before the end of this month.

The prime minister also asked the transport minister to get moving on projects such as road repairs to speed up the recovery process, Thitima said.

Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit said provincial governors had submitted projects to the Budget Bureau. "I don't understand why the bureau has asked us to start over again," he said.

Industry Minister Wannarat Charnnukul said he had been informed by the bureau that it did not have the Bt120 million in funds demanded by the ministry previously. The ministry would be allocated this amount in the next phase, it said.

Yingluck also assigned Yongyuth to deal with the mountain of garbage and sandbags that have accumulated during the flood, and these should be cleared away within a week. There are an estimated 12,000 tonnes of sandbags left after the flood water receded.

Thitima said Yingluck also assigned Deputy Prime Minister Kowit Wattana to arrange training for workers in house repairs.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-20

How can she sit with a straight face and criticize others inaction's and incompetence all while she spreads false hopes to the people?dry.gif The confusion as to who does what in her administration has caused inconvenience to most but death to some. Shit or get of the pot! Get your brother here or move aside so the real work can be done FOR THE THAI PEOPLE!jap.gif

Yes, she allocated the 20 billion, but no-one has paid it over as yet..... does she not know the pot is empty, her brother took most of it with him when he left.....

When Thaksin left, mmm, that was a while ago now. How on earth did the Democrats function with all that money gone?

Yes, she allocated the 20 billion, but no-one has paid it over as yet..... does she not know the pot is empty, her brother took most of it with him when he left.....

When Thaksin left, mmm, that was a while ago now. How on earth did the Democrats function with all that money gone?

Suthep had a little put aside for a rainy day..... :D

I wonder if she ever had a real job? One that wasn't handed to her by her brother??

Just for your information,miss yingluk is elected by thaipeople same as mr.thaksin was,both did not needed the military or royalist to get the job as pm.

And it would appear that Ms Yingluck doesn't need backbone, experience or proficiency for the job either, i guess its easy when your getting your orders from Dubai ;)

I wonder if she ever had a real job? One that wasn't handed to her by her brother??

Just for your information,miss yingluk is elected by thaipeople same as mr.thaksin was,both did not needed the military or royalist to get the job as pm.

Nobody elected her she was selected by PTP. Doesn't make her competent. Doesn't answer my question.

Nobody elected her she was selected by PTP. Doesn't make her competent. Doesn't answer my question.

Why do people nitpick at stupid details?

Of course technically she was selected, elected PM by the other MPs, but no one in Thailand doubts that it was she and Abhisit who were running for the job of PM.

As for your question, it is not a serious question anyway, now is it? And if it were, you could have googled an answer faster than typing your question here.

That is what happens when you are viewed as a clone. She may make promises but until Big T tells the bureau to cut the money loose they will not make a move as they all know she is the PM in name only

Come on Chalerm, where are you.....?

Edited by bigbamboo

Why do people nitpick at stupid details?

Of course technically she was selected, elected PM by the other MPs, but no one in Thailand doubts that it was she and Abhisit who were running for the job of PM.

As for your question, it is not a serious question anyway, now is it? And if it were, you could have googled an answer faster than typing your question here.

It's not nitpicking at all - just factually correct. Thaksin himself said that she may not necessarily be appointed as PM if the PTP won the election.

The point I was making was that if you have spent all your life as a dependent, nobody should be surprised when you can't do anything all by yourself. She's been bottle fed all the way and doesn't it show now.

Surprise, another broken promise. Does the lady understand the term 'follow up'?

Anyone can be put in charge and make directives to those working for him/her, but at some point you have to accept the blame for actions/inaction of the gofers.

If the effort has been expended on other interests had been put into flood prevention/relief efforts the present government may have come out as potential hero's, instead of clowns. I would venture that none have missed a payday, a meal nor a night in a comfortable bed in the past 3 months.

What the fuss about? She gaves orders but the administration (or bureaucraty) is slow to implement them, therefore she has the right to tell them to move "leow leow" ... Bureaucraty, pretty much like the military, seems to be an entity by itself ... they can drag their feet or even screw the works so that the government looks bad (or at least worst than it actually is)

Edited by FarangKyAy

How can she sit with a straight face and criticize others inaction's and incompetence all while she spreads false hopes to the people?dry.gif The confusion as to who does what in her administration has caused inconvenience to most but death to some. Shit or get of the pot! Get your brother here or move aside so the real work can be done FOR THE THAI PEOPLE! :jap:

The height of hypocrisy from the most inefficient Prime Minister ever cloned.

How can she sit with a straight face and criticize others inaction's and incompetence all while she spreads false hopes to the people?dry.gif The confusion as to who does what in her administration has caused inconvenience to most but death to some. Shit or get of the pot! Get your brother here or move aside so the real work can be done FOR THE THAI PEOPLE! jap.gif

It is my understanding that there has not as yet been a cloned human being or do you know better?

I do understand that you are referring to her brother's statement but even so, no-one has ever claimed to have cloned a Prime Minister so she would be unique in being the first human and the first PM to be cloned; in that case she could equally well be described as the most efficient PM ever cloned.

Humour is best left to those who have a talent for it.

How can she sit with a straight face and criticize others inaction's and incompetence all while she spreads false hopes to the people?dry.gif The confusion as to who does what in her administration has caused inconvenience to most but death to some. Shit or get of the pot! Get your brother here or move aside so the real work can be done FOR THE THAI PEOPLE! jap.gif

It is my understanding that there has not as yet been a cloned human being or do you know better?

I do understand that you are referring to her brother's statement but even so, no-one has ever claimed to have cloned a Prime Minister so she would be unique in being the first human and the first PM to be cloned; in that case she could equally well be described as the most efficient PM ever cloned.

Yingluck's height of hypocrisy was just exceeded.

Just for your information,miss yingluk is elected by thai people same as mr.thaksin was,both did not needed the military or royalist to get the job as pm.

Actually the PUBLIC voted for the party list,

which her brother instructed she be comrade #1 on

only 2 months or so before, and leapfrogging

hundreds of PTP operatives in the process.

So, she never actually won ANY election herself.

Indeed, but not with GOOD humor.

Some should take their own advice it seems.

Edited by animatic

Now, had you suggested that my response to your post was something other than hypocrisy I might have accepted that. Please tell me where I have shown hypocrisy

I wouldn't call that a straight face. It looks like it was painful to say pay up pronto. Paying up just m,eazns less money for the politicians.

My wife's son has a house in Bangkok he had to leave for a month and a half. He has been back for over a week and was told it will take a month or two to get his money.

On the other hand here in Chiang Mai she tells me people have already got their money. I guess it pays to live in Thaksins back yard.

Their was only three days of flooding here compared to months in Bangkok and surrounding areas yet they will get the same amount of money. Some thing smells funny here.

Edited by hellodolly