Forum Maintenance Downtime Wed Dec 21 From 10Pm

george

Forum maintenance downtime today Wed Dec 21 from 10pm onwards

Due to software upgrade and forum maintenance we will perform work on the servers on Wednesday December 21, 2011 in a window between 22.00 and 01.00 Bangkok time). Forum will be down for a period of approx. 2 hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

/Admin

Giving 1 hour notice is very Thai --- suppose we should be grateful you gave any notice at all.

It's strange, because this must have been planned (not sure if there is a Thai translation for the word plan), days if not weeks in advance.

Giving 1 hour notice is very Thai --- suppose we should be grateful you gave any notice at all.

It's strange, because this must have been planned (not sure if there is a Thai translation for the word plan), days if not weeks in advance.

1.Correct

2. Correct

Free forum, and even if we donate a token $50 a year, most of us get a lot more in value than that. if you're paying nothing, the way I see it is that you have no reason to complain.

Yes, but we have to put up with countless adds - standard practice for free stuff. As members surely we have the right to make complaints or is this against the draconian rules.

Every time TV does 'maintenance' we seem to have a number of 'enhancements' and some popular features removed, either deliberately or accidently. This time it's the scrolling 'latest news' line at the top of the page. TV falls down on properly testing enhancements before release.

It's still a free forum, and you have a choice. There are others, probably no better, but you can try them if you wish.

I do see ads, but they don't register on me, and you're right, there is a price to pay for a free forum. I still don't believe that anyone not paying for the service has reason to complain though, and I would understand if an advertiser wasn't happy about the site being down. Just my thoughts, and no doubt others think differently. It can't be so important that you need to be on at a particular time, and when I tried to access several hours ago I couldn't get on due to a 'system error'. I don't know whose system, TV, server, or otherwise, but I just came back later.

Edited by F4UCorsair

It's still a free forum, and you have a choice. There are others, probably no better, but you can try them if you wish.

I do see ads, but they don't register on me, and you're right, there is a price to pay for a free forum. I still don't believe that anyone not paying for the service has reason to complain though, and I would understand if an advertiser wasn't happy about the site being down. Just my thoughts, and no doubt others think differently. It can't be so important that you need to be on at a particular time, and when I tried to access several hours ago I couldn't get on due to a 'system error'. I don't know whose system, TV, server, or otherwise, but I just came back later.

Well, we can agree to differ. If members don't make complaints or, even worse, fail to point out problems, then how can the administrators be made aware of them & set about fixing them.

Yes khunken, I understand what you're saying, but I would contact the site administrator, saying that I am doing so with the best of intentions, etc., instead of grandstanding by posting with attendant sarcasm, e.g., 'draconian rules'. It's their site, and they can impose whatever rules they choose. You have a choice.