Thai Credit Card

I am looking for a bank that is willing to issue a credit card without having a work permit. My bank account is quite healthy, but I don't have a work permit and work as a freelance writer for European magazines. So I don't have a steady income in Thailand. Any ideas? The card is mainly for paying travel expenses.

Easy solution is to get the Visa DEBIT(no credit) card connected with a Thai account. Same can be had (by most Incl. me) without any w/p.

Is is a bit more limited (does not work online/no credit/electronic use only abroad) but easy to get and fine with the hotels Etc.

Cheers!

ALSO, Thai CCs carry absoulutely ZERO protection against misuse, fraud etc. in  a word AVOID.

I just asked this question to SCB as I just called them up to increase credit limit of my Platinum card they just sent me, as I'm going to Japan for more than a week next week. And they gave me conflicting informations. First they said there's no protection, but then explained they have a team to investigate if your credit card has been misused and subjected to fraud, and if they find that has actually been the case then you do not have to pay. So I tried to reaffirm that there actually is a protection then she again said no. I guess that's just their way of making us sure that we don't take advantage of the system. :o

She also warned me of use of credit card specifically in Malaysia and said they will call me to ascertain if I have actually used a card in Malaysia every time there's a transaction occuring with my card in that country.