Truemove - H - Prepay Available

greatjob

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did MNP on Saturday, from TrueMove PostPaid to TrueMove-H Postpaid, pretty easy, just your passport (no need of your work permit if you come from TrueMove).

I was surprised that I was not allowed to sign up for the Iphone Package S, M or L, only the FreeSize, XL and XXL because "I did not have any of those package when I was with TrueMove".

That did not matter much but I just hate restrictions. I signed up for the XL package, enough.

I got a new Sim Card (the two-in-one, mini-Sim in a regular shaped sim) and should get the service by Wednesday.

Cheers,

GJ

Can't an account be changed from a post-paid plan to a pre-paid plan without a new SIM?

Yes, but only within the same service provider. TrueMove and TrueMove H are different entities. To move from TrueMove (pre-paid or post-paid) to TrueMove H (pre-paid or post-paid) you would have to utilize the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process.

If so, can't you just buy a SIM for a post-paid TrueMove-H plan and then they change your account information in the computer to pre-paid? When I changed (MNP'd) from TrueMove to TrueMove-H, the Hua Hin shop handed me a SIM (post-paid).

If you want a TrueMove H pre-paid SIM maybe just best to buy one?

I thought the problem (some?) people were having was that True were having problems finding pre-paid SIMs when all they could get were post-paid SIMs, or vice versa.

Can't an account be changed from a post-paid plan to a pre-paid plan without a new SIM?

Yes, but only within the same service provider. TrueMove and TrueMove H are different entities. To move from TrueMove (pre-paid or post-paid) to TrueMove H (pre-paid or post-paid) you would have to utilize the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process.

If so, can't you just buy a SIM for a post-paid TrueMove-H plan and then they change your account information in the computer to pre-paid? When I changed (MNP'd) from TrueMove to TrueMove-H, the Hua Hin shop handed me a SIM (post-paid).

If you want a TrueMove H pre-paid SIM maybe just best to buy one?

I thought the problem (some?) people were having was that True were having problems finding pre-paid SIMs when all they could get were post-paid SIMs, or vice versa.

Nahhh... The SIMS the self are a commodity. I think main issue is with transferring your old number to the new Ture move H.

I just did MNP on Saturday, from TrueMove PostPaid to TrueMove-H Postpaid, pretty easy, just your passport (no need of your work permit if you come from TrueMove).

I was surprised that I was not allowed to sign up for the Iphone Package S, M or L, only the FreeSize, XL and XXL because "I did not have any of those package when I was with TrueMove".

That did not matter much but I just hate restrictions. I signed up for the XL package, enough.

I got a new Sim Card (the two-in-one, mini-Sim in a regular shaped sim) and should get the service by Wednesday.

Cheers,

GJ

I just got an SMS from True saying that I will switch to the new network today. 3 business days is pretty fast but I came from Truemove..... same company.

I hope the speed is as good as reported, especially in busy areas in BKK.

What I recall is that you have to make sure your passport number with your old network provider matches the one you present when you sign up, otherwise the clearing house will not allow the move. It does not matter what SIM you get from True-H, Postpaid or Prepay work for both.

Some have been with their old network provider for years and may still have their old passport number registered with them.

GJ

Nahhh... The SIMS the self are a commodity. I think main issue is with transferring your old number to the new Ture move H.

I've been told it is not possible to get a TrueMove H Pre Pay iPhone SIM here on Samui, and was also told you can not MNP to Pre Pay - both by staff at the True shop in Chaweng; so you're both correct! Whether they're correct is an entirely different matter...

That being said, I'm heading to Bangkok on Tuesday, and I really don't need to port my number (I've only had it since mid-Sept, and don't even know it myself), so will have one by Wednesday.

I'm heading to Bangkok on Tuesday, and I really don't need to port my number (I've only had it since mid-Sept, and don't even know it myself), so will have one by Wednesday.

Shouldn't be an issue finding an iPhone SIM for TrueMove H Prepay, today in MBK is seemed like any shop selling SIMs had them.

post-9615-0-85368200-1326264750_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-58152800-1326264770_thumb.jp

just got it, switch to true-H went without a hitch. I had to reset network settings on my iPhone to get 3G to work. True sent me a service number to call too, and in my experience they're pretty good about helping out.

Posted some impressive numbers here in CM - definitely faster than True 3G was. Whether it's because there are not too many subscribers, or whether it's going to remain that fast only time can tell ;)

1704027534.png

I've been told it is not possible to get a TrueMove H Pre Pay iPhone SIM here on Samui, and was also told you can not MNP to Pre Pay - both by staff at the True shop in Chaweng; so you're both correct! Whether they're correct is an entirely different matter...

Maybe True-H doesn't have coverage on Samui? Would be the only reason I can think to not offer the SIMs...

Maybe True-H doesn't have coverage on Samui? Would be the only reason I can think to not offer the SIMs...

There has been coverage there for along time (discussed in another thread). I am sure many TV-ers would be happy to send you one by mail if your not coming to BKK. Let me know...... 99 bht not a big issue so long as u buy me a 60 bt beer when in BKK ! ( or 100 baht coffee :) )

Yeah, they do have coverage. I mentioned a few weeks ago, that I was given a TrueMove H iSim, and was getting some impressive speeds on that, until the included credit ran out. But, you're right - that would be the only (logical) reason to not offer the SIM's.

There has been coverage there for along time (discussed in another thread). I am sure many TV-ers would be happy to send you one by mail if your not coming to BKK. Let me know...... 99 bht not a big issue so long as u buy me a 60 bt beer when in BKK ! ( or 100 baht coffee smile.png )

Thanks skippybangkok, but I'll be there on Tuesday...

Yeah, they do have coverage. I mentioned a few weeks ago, that I was given a TrueMove H iSim, and was getting some impressive speeds on that, until the included credit ran out. But, you're right - that would be the only (logical) reason to not offer the SIM's.

There has been coverage there for along time (discussed in another thread). I am sure many TV-ers would be happy to send you one by mail if your not coming to BKK. Let me know...... 99 bht not a big issue so long as u buy me a 60 bt beer when in BKK ! ( or 100 baht coffee smile.png )

Thanks skippybangkok, but I'll be there on Tuesday...

Phew.... I confess, I don't really like beer ! Amaretto, wine, good whiskey coke.... That's a different story. Enjoy ur 3G.

Only a year + ago I said why would any want high speed Internet on a device....., after getting iPad and iPhone....... Wonder how did without ? Love it

what is the frequency 2100 used for ? Do I need it ? Thanks.....samuijim

Different operators on different frequency. TOT on 2100 MHz, main benefit is for operator, can handle more customers..., down side is lower coverage per site and poor in building penetration requiring more I building support.

850 MHz - True & DTAC. Cells have alot further reach ( >50% ) and better building penetration. Australia uses 850, makes easier to cover more land cost effectively.

I thin AIS On non standard 900 MHz , most likely eyeing a 2100 licence

Hi,

no problem to get the True-H Sim (Smartphone Sim or Iphone Micro-Sim) here on Samui. I bought mine at a small phone/computer shop in Big-C (close to the cashiers). They had plenty of them left.

You can also get it inside of Tesco, on the booth which is close to Homepro/Fuji Restaurant.

Hi,

no problem to get the True-H Sim (Smartphone Sim or Iphone Micro-Sim) here on Samui. I bought mine at a small phone/computer shop in Big-C (close to the cashiers). They had plenty of them left.

You can also get it inside of Tesco, on the booth which is close to Homepro/Fuji Restaurant.

This does not surprise me at all! It's not like I ever actually believed the TrueMove girl; needless to say I saw one in the window of a (closed) shop in Ko Tao the other night!

I went to both those places you mentioned, but must've missed the days when they had the SIM's in stock. Oh well, this time tomorrow night...

Edited by jamesbrock

Sorry to hear you couldnt get one.

Just to try it out I also got a "DTAC Happy Internet sim" in the DTAC Shop in Big-C . Here in Bangrak the signal is much weaker, but it still works on 3G, the speed is slower too, I get about 1 Mbit. This Sim is still quite a good deal. I spent 69 or 79 baht, including 3G with a total of 1200 Minutes (4 months with 300 Minutes each) . Not perfect for 24h Smartphone users, but quite a good backup for notebook use when there is no power or the landline stops working for a while.

I got MNP last week, rough start as I could not send or receive SMS but it took them 2 hours to fix it.

Speed is great in Samutprakarn (5-6 Mb/s) but slower at Suvarnabhumi airpot (around 1.5 Mb/s).

Went around (Pattaya, Rayong) and so far 3G everywhere, got switched once to True 3G instead of True-H 3G and that was at the airport.

Happy camper so far.

GJ

Just to try it out I also got a "DTAC Happy Internet sim" in the DTAC Shop in Big-C . Here in Bangrak the signal is much weaker, but it still works on 3G, the speed is slower too, I get about 1 Mbit. This Sim is still quite a good deal.

I ended up giving the TrueMove H pre-paid (the subject of this thread) SIM to a friend as I am still waiting to hear more about the service. They have so few customers it's hard to get a lot of feedback; with almost no customers the data performance seems to be pretty good but I am specifically talking about pre-paid, and roaming performance/experiences.

For me DTAC, Happy actually, continues to provide excellent service so I am sticking with them until I hear more actual user feedback re: TrueMove H PRE-PAID. Yes, I know they are a "foreign" company.

My DTAC/Happy pre-paid plan offers 99 satang/min to all networks 7/24, 004 to the U.S. is 3 baht/min; SMS are 99 satang ea., and 1 GB of data (3G) is 349 baht. The kicker for me: the eServices platform which allows me to access, manage and monitor all aspects of my account on-line. TrueMove H (PRE-PAID) does not offer anything even close. I am Happy to sit back and see how others fare with TrueMove H PRE-PAID.

post-9615-0-78129000-1326801041_thumb.jp

Just to try it out I also got a "DTAC Happy Internet sim" in the DTAC Shop in Big-C . Here in Bangrak the signal is much weaker, but it still works on 3G, the speed is slower too, I get about 1 Mbit. This Sim is still quite a good deal.

I ended up giving the TrueMove H pre-paid (the subject of this thread) SIM to a friend as I am still waiting to hear more about the service. They have so few customers it's hard to get a lot of feedback; with almost no customers the data performance seems to be pretty good but I am specifically talking about pre-paid, and roaming performance/experiences.

For me DTAC, Happy actually, continues to provide excellent service so I am sticking with them until I hear more actual user feedback re: TrueMove H PRE-PAID. Yes, I know they are a "foreign" company.

My DTAC/Happy pre-paid plan offers 99 satang/min to all networks 7/24, 004 to the U.S. is 3 baht/min; SMS are 99 satang ea., and 1 GB of data (3G) is 349 baht. The kicker for me: the eServices platform which allows me to access, manage and monitor all aspects of my account on-line. TrueMove H (PRE-PAID) does not offer anything even close. I am Happy to sit back and see how others fare with TrueMove H PRE-PAID.

Enjoy the 5 cells sites where you can get your 1 GB from

Hi,

can anyone of you tell me how I can top up my True-Move H Sim? My inital credit is used up and couldnt find a way to put new credit yet :(

It doesnt work if I select the usual True in my Kasikornbank account. Will normal true vouchers from 7/11 work or any other hints where I can get a new load? Credit Card?

The boots in Tesco couldnt really help me today.

Thanks for any help!

Enjoy the 5 cells sites where you can get your 1 GB from

DTAC's 2,000 installed 3G base-stations have been sufficient for me to date. Not sure where you pulled this "5 cell sites" from? I spend most of my time in metro-Bangkok. The choice of a service provider is very personal, and dependent on many, many factors. I was considering moving to TrueMove H Prepay but I am still waiting for more user feedback.

Hi,

can anyone of you tell me how I can top up my True-Move H Sim? My inital credit is used up and couldnt find a way to put new credit yet sad.png

It doesnt work if I select the usual True in my Kasikornbank account. Will normal true vouchers from 7/11 work or any other hints where I can get a new load? Credit Card?

The boots in Tesco couldnt really help me today.

Thanks for any help!

The brochure included with the Smartphone Prepay SIM mentioned several top-up options. TrueMoney, basically the universal True card you can buy anywhere, may be the easiest for you?

http://www.hutch.co.th/prepay/refil_en.htm

The brochure also mentions 7-11 top-up, where you give them your number and cash and they add value.

The TrueMove H prepay service is new so hopefully they'll get the ATM top-up arranged and working soon? Not sure what happens if you choose Hutch on the ATM service?

DTAC's 2,000 installed 3G base-stations have been sufficient for me to date. Not sure where you pulled this "5 cell sites" from? I spend most of my time in metro-Bangkok. The choice of a service provider is very personal, and dependent on many, many factors. I was considering moving to TrueMove H Prepay but I am still waiting for more user feedback.

And this info comes from where ? Their PR dept?

Public Announcements .

FYI, it looks like Truemove H customers, at least postpaid, can utiilize the 006 service, but you have to register for it:

TrueMove H Customers

a. TrueMove H postpay customers who have already applied for IDD service with Truemove H enable to use true 006 without registering.

b. New TrueMove H customers can request for true 006 service at Hutch and TrueMove shop or calling to True Move Call Center 1331. TrueMove and TrueMove H customers who have already activated for international roaming service are automatically activated for true 006 service.

I sort of assume TrueMove H prepay customers can also register for 006?

FYI, it looks like Truemove H customers, at least postpaid, can utiilize the 006 service, but you have to register for it:

TrueMove H Customers

a. TrueMove H postpay customers who have already applied for IDD service with Truemove H enable to use true 006 without registering.

b. New TrueMove H customers can request for true 006 service at Hutch and TrueMove shop or calling to True Move Call Center 1331. TrueMove and TrueMove H customers who have already activated for international roaming service are automatically activated for true 006 service.

I sort of assume TrueMove H prepay customers can also register for 006?

let me kindly repeat incase you did not understand the question -

And this info comes from where ? Their PR dept?