Did The Loop Cm,Pai, Mhs,Mae Cheam, Cm

moe666

Recived my drivers licenses last week and decided I might as well use it. Rented a PCX here in Chiang Mai and headed out on Wed. morning on the way to Mae Rim engine light comes on, back to Pops. Got a different scooter and off again, no problem this time.

I will not go into a great deal of detail as most of the regulars have made this trip. Over all a fun trip i had a bit of learning about the scooter as I have never ridden a PCX before. It has very good exceleration for a 125cc even at 90k I still had throttle left to play with. having been a while since riding any form of two wheels on the curves found on the 1095 it was a bit of trial and error figureing it out, but no crashes.

Outside of Pai was passed by a classic Lambretta 2cycle, at the gas station in Pai had the oppertunity to talk to the pilot and they had ridden up from Bangkok to Lamphun in 7 hours, he wasa mixing the oil and gas.

Made it to MHS had a few beers at the Crossroads talked to Sombat, the owner, business picking up. Spent the night there and headed off to Mae Chaem the next morning. On the 108 passed 3 monks walking to who knows where, got to love Thailand.

Picked up the 1263 and had a good ride thru hilltribe country passed thru some market town and ther was a gathering of the clans. Every one dressed in their best sunday go to meet Buddha finery. It was a bit funny seeing the girls wearing highheels dressed in their best hilltribe get up.

Motored on doen the road stopped at a rest area struck up a conversation with a Thai guy taking a break he and the wife had driven up from Chonburi the day before and stayed near Doi Inthanon. back on the scooter now more comfortable taking the curves but unfortunately this road is pothole country and you have to be alert.

Got to Mae Chaem to early for a room ok onward. made the climb up to Doi Inthanon this is where the PCX is a failure throttle wide open 35k top speed up the steep inclines. Made it to the top had a bit of lunch back down the hill, had decided to ride on the CM, to early for a room in Mae Chaem to close to CM for a room. Buzzed on down the hill picked up the 108 clipped along at 80 to 90k didn't feel comfortable on this scooter over a 100k even though there was throttle left.

Made it back to CM with a sore a-- and tired, when you haven't did this sort of a ride in a long time you forget how tiring it can be. But it was fun and I will be planning another

Welcome back to riding Moe ,hope that you enjoyed the ride ,it can be hard work in the hills up that way on a scooter but it don't matter what you ride as long as you ride.Cheers!

Thanks, it was fun. I will do it again now just need to decide what bike I will buy. The PCX was ok but it has it limitations especially stability over 90kph and lost power on inclines. I want to do more extensive riding around other areas of Nothern Thailand.