Affirmation Of Freedom To Marry

Huayrat

Thanks for all the advice. Im now back from bangkok and have the letter confirming i can get married and also proof of income of more than 40k per month... I only showed internet copies of my internet banking account which was no problem even though on the forms in the Embassy it says you need original , which caused me a concern before i visited the counter...

Thanks for all the advice. Im now back from bangkok and have the letter confirming i can get married and also proof of income of more than 40k per month... I only showed internet copies of my internet banking account which was no problem even though on the forms in the Embassy it says you need original , which caused me a concern before i visited the counter...

Are you intending to marry then immediately apply for a married person one year extension of stay?

Your post implies you think you need proof of income to get married here, there is no such requirement.

Are you intending to marry then immediately apply for a married person one year extension of stay?

Your post implies you think you need proof of income to get married here, there is no such requirement.

Under the current rules, you have to state your income for the affirmation to get married letter. Although I don't beleive many embassies actually check if and having no income is not a reason to not get the afirmation letter. There is no minimum income requirement in order to get married.

So i didnt need to show them that i earn more than 40k... Oh great well thats 2000 baht wasted then.. I have 2 letters from Embassy.. One for Affirmation and 1 for proof of income.. Do i now apply for a non O marriage visa or something else??

After you are married you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay at your local Thai immigration office.

(plus a bit of paperwork)

ok thanks... Thats 1900 for the extension then what happens after 1 year??. Do i apply for a O marriage visa when extension runs out??

You can repeat the 1 year extensions forever.

Assuming 1) you are still married and 2) you have a new '40k' letter

Ok Thanks for the good info.. I thought i had to ask for a non o visa but looks like i dont... Im now just hoping i can send my bank info to the Embassy everyear and for them to post it back.. would save a journey to BKK..

Copying the PDF text and paste it in word will do it.

Thanks but where is the bloody pound sign on a Thai keyboard arghhh?

Press Alt, and keeping it held down, type 0163 on the numeric keypad. (NOT the numbers along the top of the keyboard - must be the numeric keypad).

Press Alt, and keeping it held down, type 0163 on the numeric keypad. (NOT the numbers along the top of the keyboard - must be the numeric keypad).

Or in Linux, type Crtrl-shift-u followed by the Unicode character string 00a3

You must have a non immigrant visa entry to apply for a Thai wife extension of stay. So you can use that current letter of income to obtain that after your marriage if you do not have now. Cost is 2,000 baht and most people have to do this in Bangkok.

• 2 months later...

Would somebody kindly e-mail to me the "affirmation to marry" document as an attachment. I can't see it on the website.

The only document I see and the one the Embassy has sent me is the following:

Dear Sir,

This is to require you, under Article 7(i) of the Foreign Marriage Order 1970, to forward for

recording at the General Register Office, England / Scotland / Northern Ireland, the

particulars of my marriage to (spouse)……………………………………………………….…………

on .....………………………..……........... at ........................................................................ as

evidence of this.

I declare that I have / have not * previously been married.

I declare that my wife has / has not * been previously married.

I attach the original of my Thai Marriage Certificate, together with a sworn translation of the same.

I have paid the Consular fee of £37 and understand that I shall be able to obtain certified copies of

the registration on payment of the appropriate fee to the General Register Office, UK.

Any communication should be addressed to me at ........................................................................

...............................................................……………………………………..……………..…………

and my telephone number is ......................................

Yours faithfully,

Signature : .........……………....................

Mr / Mrs .........……………....................

IN BLOCK

Date: ....................................

Edited by Mario2008
email deleted. Use Pm or post the link

• 2 weeks later...

Put Num Lock on and then hold down the Alt key and press 156 on the numeric keypad (not the numbers at top of keyboard). £

Edited by w11guy