Working In Thailand And Visas

Hi,

I have a couple of questions that i need some clarification on. I want to get a job teaching English in Thailand. I'm wondering what kind of Visa i would need to apply for first when i go to enter the country, and that what kind of Visa i need to work. I want to stay in Thailand for the foreseeable future using the teaching job as my main income. Secondly are their any special requirements I need in order to obtain a visa for work purposes. Some of my details are : Irish, 24, Third Level Education ( Have a Diploma but no degree ).

Is a degree required for working in Thailand?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Darragh

You will need a job before you come over, or otherwise come on a tourist visa, then get a job and then leave the country to go to a neighbouring country to get the required visa when you have the job and the correct paperwork.

There is work available for people without degrees, but it might be out in the sticks or not well paid.

Edited by beano2274

Normally people come ove on a tourist visa and try to find a job in Thailand. Once they have found a job, they aply for the right visa in a neighbouring country.

We have a teaching in Thailand section, where you can find a lot of information regarding requirements etc. You can find it here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/46-teaching-in-thailand-forum/

Have a look at the pinned topics.