Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Driving Licence Renewal, Pattaya....

johnboy3739w

Well today was the day....renew from 1 year to 5 yr (car and motor bike) ...

Armed with original residency letter x2, medical cert x 2, copy photo page from passport x 2, copy TM card/latest visa x 2, copy front and rear of existing licences, (i had copies of all these docs, but was told that these were not needed), plus original licence cards...

Got there at 8am and there was about 30 or so people waiting outside (doors not open)

At 8.15 a lady came out and said renewals que on the left side and new applications que on the right - which got us about 6 from the front.....

At 8.30 they start the processing and we were ushered inside - waited about 10 mins then up stairs, gave my docs to a lady, paid the fee - 5 mins later my named called and photo taken - back to waiting room for 5 mins, then called to collect new licences...

No colour blindness or any other tests for that matter..

While i was doing this my bird got the road tax for the car and the scooter......

Was out the door with my 2 five year licences and 2 new tax discs, and on my way, just before 9am.........

Result in anyones book......

i did the same few months back... although i had a delay due to some idiot posted here say you did not require a medical cert.. not true mad.gif

I never needed a Medical Cert. When in Thailand do as the OP did and always go in with a forest worth of paperwork and save yourself the hassles. We all know Government offices here love paper so......