Beer And Olives

Totster

Good on you as you might be so lucky to be so full that you don't don't bother to drink the most horrible beer in the world anymore.licklips.gif

Well, I am not drinking cheers beer !

Anyway, most beer in Thailand is crap so might as well drink the cheapest (apart from the really <deleted> stuff) as a good friend once said to me.

I am quite happy with Archa, certainly beats Chang and Singha.. wouldn't even consider heineshite

totster :D

Totster

Don't know what your topic is about but beer discussions never fail biggrin.png

If you live near the Lao border you can stock up on the beer Lao. Or do they sell that nowadays in Los?

Anyway, happy drinking and eating.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I shall be taking a trip next month.. I rather like the Dark Beer Lao.. not been for a while so not sure if still sold at Savannakhet

• Like 1

licklips.gif

tough life though..

however straight from the can they aren't too tasty, marinante 'em, especially the black ones... rinse with hot water, 2-3 x, then let sit for "a while", discard water, add fresh warm water and lime juice.. let rest again... then may be after 30 min. (or so) discard lime juice water, add some garlic (to taste, from the press or crushed), some x-tra virgin olive oil, a drizzle of lime juice, if liked, some mediterranean herbs, tupper ware container or similiar to keep for at least 24 hrs.

ENJOY!

Edited by Samuian
  • Like 1

licklips.gif

tough life though..

however straight from the can they aren't too tasty, marinante 'em, especially the black ones... rinse with hot water, 2-3 x, then let sit for "a while", discard water, add fresh warm water and lime juice.. let rest again... then may be after 30 min. (or so) discard lime juice water, add some garlic (to taste, from the press or crushed), some x-tra virgin olive oil, a drizzle of lime juice, if liked, some mediterranean herbs, tupper ware container or similiar to keep for at least 24 hrs.

ENJOY!

Sounds lovely, thanks.. I guess if i rinse the saline from them I can put with EV Olive oil with garlic etc ?

Only tried A bottle of the dark beer Lao. Was on on the scooter at the time with the wifey and 2 crates of regular beer Lao. That sounds bad, I mean I had the bottle in a bag just to try when I got home.

Oooooooo I have a special 6 assorted pack of Hertog Jan when I get back to the Netherlands. May wait till Liverpool secure a top 4 finish before cracking that open :o

• Like 1

Love beer and olives, but can't find the cheese. Jim

Was in Big C KK earlier, the have a nice selection of cheese at a price.. but no Feta that I could see..Tops may have some..

totster biggrin.png

Unfortunaty 140 km from Big C in Ubon, have to live on cheese slices from 7/11. Jim
  • Like 1

I am quite happy with Archa, certainly beats Chang and Singha..

I believe the Thais out did themselves when they intoduced Archa a few years back.....supposedly to create a shi*tier beer than their target market - Chang domestic. They succeeded well. I gave up on Singha and Tiger years ago, as both come weaker than my urine. Chang? No more [it's not 100% beer].

Leo has become the everyday, as Beer Lao [love this elixir] and Chang Export [nothing like it's brethren] are hard to come by in the middle-of-nowhere.

• Like 1

i saw the other thread somewhere about chang export (100% malt) in oct/nov time before i came home on leave last time. although skeptical about the chances of a decent domestic thai beer, i duly tried it while home and happily it's the first thai beer i can say i genuinely like - a large head and shoulders above any other domestic thai beer i have tasted, and is also better than some of the more readily available imports (pauleiner etc.).

hopefully it will stay in production .....

Edited by GooEng
  • Like 1

Ever tried Issan beer, very nice drop.

Trouble is it is only available occassionally and I've only found it in Mukdahan?

Craighj

Sell it every where aound here, wouldn't say I like it to much. Best cheap beer for me is Chang draught and I would kill for some hot salami. Jim

Trouble is it is only available occassionally and I've only found it in Mukdahan?

Craighj

Sell it every where aound here, wouldn't say I like it to much. Best cheap beer for me is Chang draught and I would kill for some hot salami. Jim

Jim

Back to the cheese. Next time you go to Big C etc stock up on cheese. If you can't get feta try to find a a similar, salty cheese, prefferabley not too hard ( something like Cheshire, wensleydale or Lancashire) cut it into cubes and cover it in Olive oil and a bit of sea salt and a couple of bay leaves. It should keep for several weeks if you don't eat it too quick

GB

• Like 1

Craighj

Jim

Back to the cheese. Next time you go to Big C etc stock up on cheese. If you can't get feta try to find a a similar, salty cheese, prefferabley not too hard ( something like Cheshire, wensleydale or Lancashire) cut it into cubes and cover it in Olive oil and a bit of sea salt and a couple of bay leaves. It should keep for several weeks if you don't eat it too quick

GB

Trouble with cheese is my 2 kids [ both born in Oz ] will consume it not stop till is is all gone. Will have to get a better system to keep them a the good stuff. Jim
  • Like 1

Only tried A bottle of the dark beer Lao. Was on on the scooter at the time with the wifey and 2 crates of regular beer Lao. That sounds bad, I mean I had the bottle in a bag just to try when I got home.

Oooooooo I have a special 6 assorted pack of Hertog Jan when I get back to the Netherlands. May wait till Liverpool secure a top 4 finish before cracking that open ohmy.png

You realise that those bottles have a use by date,don't you.giggle.gif

licklips.gif

tough life though..

ENJOY!

So in fact,you have to open your can of prepared olives in the morning and have a lot of free time to consume them late at night?

Thanks for the advice but I take them straight out of the can.

Another one that believes their opinion is the only one that matters!

Craighj

Another one that confuses cheap with nice.

• Like 1

Totster

If you live near the Lao border you can stock up on the beer Lao. Or do they sell that nowadays in Los?

I shall be taking a trip next month.. I rather like the Dark Beer Lao.. not been for a while so not sure if still sold at Savannakhet

totster biggrin.png

Yes of course it is Totster, don't forget to call in and say high at Muk Manor, OK

Totster

totster biggrin.png

Yes of course it is Totster, don't forget to call in and say high at Muk Manor, OK

I most definitely will, last time was excellent !

• 2 weeks later...