Crumpets

Gone

Silly but a year ago I was in Foodland and as usual I bought some English Muffins and to my surprise right beside them were some Crumpets so of course I bought some. I have never seen anywhere since that sells them Does anyone know where to get some?

Mmm. I love crumpets. Never seen them here and I would have thought the limited shelf life would rule out imported ones, so they would have to be from some sort of local bakery or factory.

I brought a couple of dozen back with me on my last trip to the UK.

They are a doddle to make yourself, though as with pancakes it's best to do a lot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/homemadecrumpets_70053

Maybe a solution is to learn how to make them yourself, assuming that the ingredients are readily available. I cannot offer a recipe unfortunately but there must be loads on the net. Happy eating!

Maybe a solution is to learn how to make them yourself, assuming that the ingredients are readily available. I cannot offer a recipe unfortunately but there must be loads on the net. Happy eating!

Good idea actually but I just don't have the cooking facilities now in my apt.

Darrel: They would have the same shelf life as the English muffins in Foodland mate.

Good idea actually but I just don't have the cooking facilities now in my apt.

Darrel: They would have the same shelf life as the English muffins in Foodland mate.

The ingredients wouldn't have been a problem here. Its tattie scones I'm trying to perfect Potatos so sweet here compared to back home just don't tase right.

Friendship had scones etc in frozen section maybe someone can have look for them next time their in,

Villa do them, but I don't know if they are exactly the same as what you want. I love the crumpets you get in the UK too, the ones in Villa are very similar to these but NOT the same unfortunately.

haha same same but different? Could you elaborate? I like the UK style.

I think you will find that muffins can have a longer shelf-life as they can sell them packed in a modified atmosphere (nitrogen usually). Dont think it works so well with crumpets.

I think you will find that muffins can have a longer shelf-life as they can sell them packed in a modified atmosphere (nitrogen usually). Dont think it works so well with crumpets.

When I did buy the crumpets in foodland they were in the freezer right beside the muffins. I don't think crumpets would need a shelf life here in Pattaya with all the crumpet loving Brits etc.

It's the same with KD (Kraft Dinner), Foodland got the old original boxes in a couple of times and they were gone in 1 day.

How about "Beetroots" ? Foodland has the diced kind but does anyone know where to buy the sliced ones in the brine?

Come to think of it, Cheetos ?

I think the food is the only thing I miss about being back home or in another farangatized country. lol

When I did buy the crumpets in foodland they were in the freezer right beside the muffins. I don't think crumpets would need a shelf life here in Pattaya with all the crumpet loving Brits etc.

It's the same with KD (Kraft Dinner), Foodland got the old original boxes in a couple of times and they were gone in 1 day.

How about "Beetroots" ? Foodland has the diced kind but does anyone know where to buy the sliced ones in the brine?

Come to think of it, Cheetos ?

I think the food is the only thing I miss about being back home or in another farangatized country. lol

Loads of raw beetroot in numerous shops and markets, I can confirm Friendship had them yesterday, make your own brine or in the case of Brits pickle mix.