Costs Of Using Pool And Gym In Own Village

scorecard

My fairly new village opened it's pool and gym room today. Pool and exercie room both well designed, good quality work and good equipment.

But they copped some strong negative from many owners.

- Owners have to pay 50Baht per adult to use the pool plus 50Baht to use the gym (use both on same visit - 100Baht)

- Children of owners 30 Baht pool and 30 Baht for gym.

- Outsiders same costs.

No lifeguard on duty and response to why was 'maybe in a couple of weeks but not sure' No safety ring, same response, 'maybe in a couple of weeks'.

Many owners quite angry, but to some extent shocked at the costs because the developer has so far been quite customer focused and responsive to even small comcerns.

Can I please ask Chiang Mai TV members who live in Moo Baan situation to quote the costs for their pool and gym.

Thanks.

At Banwangtan,Hang Dong, the pool for residents is 30 baht or 700 baht for a monthly ticket.Outsiders pay 40 baht.The pool is quite large but there have been numerous maintenance problems in the 3 years we have been here.The pool was closed for 13 weeks at one stage just to replace a few tiles.The gym has been closed for years and the equipment belongs in a museum. The tennis courts are shabby and the surfaces need painting and new nets.I get the impression talking to other people, who live in different moobans, that everything is spick and span to sell the property and it goes downhill from there. Obviously there are exceptions where the developer delivers. In my experience maintenance of most village amenities is a very low priority and unfortunately Thais who are the majority of residents don't complain

In my moobaan - on the second ring road - you buy a coupon for B500. This entitles you for 10 visits. You can use the pool and the gym on each visit and get charged for only one visit. I don't know what they charge for the tennis court. But they haven't finished the court yet anyway.

I have not yet used any facility but they look pretty nice except the sauna which looks quite shabby. Here are some pics I took:

post-137105-0-15646400-1325948134_thumb.

post-137105-0-22676900-1325948183_thumb.post-137105-0-70928200-1325948205_thumb.

Personally I don't think B50 per visit to the pool and B50 to the gym is outrageous particularly if the community facilities are open to the public. If it's too cheap all the cats and dogs may come to wash themselves off after rolling in the mud. Hiring a life guard or a personal trainer in the gym for the facilities inside a normal moobaan seems a bit overboard to me. Who's gonna pay for it? Those who don't or rarely use the facilities certainly won't want to pay the extra.

Someone has to pay the overhead of running the pool and gym. It's fairer if it's the users in my opinion. My mooban charges 50 baht per adult per visit for residents for a very nice pool and OK gym. There are also tennis and badminton courts. We also have a yearly ground rent that covers general maintenance and cleaning within the mooban. Both are excellent and great value.

It's more expensive for non-residents to use the facilities. This helps to keep the white riffraff from the Hang Dong moobans out (just joking).

The above seems really high. I live in a higher-end development, and use of the pool and gym is 900 baht per person per YEAR (unlimited visits), or 2700 for four people, and children go for free. The year pass can also be used at the club at other developments under the same brand. Sauna is excepted though, there is a separate charge for that.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Pretty fair system. User pay's. Maybe you should have checked it out before you bought it.

I certainly agree, these thinsg do cost money to maintain. And it's a vexed question as to who should pay the maintenance. People love to have a swimming pool and gym room in the complex / village but the reality is that these facilities are only ever used by a small % of the owners. In fact we did ask quetsions on this before we signed, and we were quoted that it would all be included in the main maintenance charges. Yesterday there was quite some discussion on this amongst owners and most owners are saying they were told, before buying, that it would be in the main maintenance charges.

Since yesterday one of the senior executives has been appraoched. It seems that he genuinly didn't know that someone in his office (which is quite well organized) had decided the 50 baht etc. charges. Seems that there will quickly be an adjustment.

Edited by scorecard