Double Entry Visas Possible In Burma Or Laos Nowadays?

A friend (not of retirement age yet for at least 10 more years) is here in Thailand on 2 month visas he gets in Cambodia.

He has had 3 of them so far without any problems .

He is now in Chiang Mai and in February his visa expires. He will have to leave Thailand to get a new tourist visa.

His dilemma is that he was counting on the 2 month double entry visa (he got one such visa last year) and as of late he heard that

are not being issued in Cambodia any longer.

Since he has rented an apartment in Chiang Mai and lives there now I suggested Laos or Burma as the most viable places due to proximity

to CM.

I am on a retirement visa and do not have knowledge on how to tackle this subject.

Please help with information about most favorable city(s) and country(s) to get the visa (preferably Burma) will be most appreciated.

In behalf of this future expat, many thanks in advance.

I've heard that KL is a good place to try for a double entry visa.

Check out the "latest reports on visa runs" from various cities reports... The availability of double entry visas issued from various surrounding countries does seem to be in a constant state of flux...

Edit: forgot the URL

Edited by bobl

I have used the RT Embassy in KL several times over the past years, but for Non Imm B, multi entry. I have to say that the staff and operation at the KL are some of the best I have encountered anywhere. A close second would be the RT Embassy in Jakarta.

Having said that, I also must say I don't have knowledge of how they or any other RTE would treat the repeated issuance of a Tourist Visa on a continuing basis. I would think that your friend might just fall in between the cracks of any visa that would allow the continual staying in the kingdom. To young for retirement , perhaps not married to a Thai [yet] so maybe a education or business visa would fit

Good Luck

I have the same problem and hope someone "in the know" can help.

Your friend's information about Cambodia (PP) seems to be correct based on the next to last post in this thread. The posting was made two days ago. The travel agent recommended in this thread gave me great service six months ago, but he is now apparently telling his customers that only single entry visa's are being issued now. I hope this link works:

OP. If your friend already have got 3 TV, I think the chanses are slim that he will get another. Mea Sai is not that far from CM, where he can get 15 days "visas" until his passport is full. As stated above, the best thing he can do is to get a ED visa. smile.png

OP. If your friend already have got 3 TV, I think the chanses are slim that he will get another.

By "another" do you mean another tv, or a double entry tv?

I was under the impression that there was currently no limit to the number of back to back tv's you can have? Or is that back to back visa exempt stamps?

I mean if this guy fails to get another tv he can always just come back in on a 30 day exemption right?

OP. If your friend already have got 3 TV, I think the chanses are slim that he will get another.

I was under the impression that there was currently no limit to the number of back to back tv's you can have? Or is that back to back visa exempt stamps?

I mean if this guy fails to get another tv he can always just come back in on a 30 day exemption right?

I mean another tourist visa. And if he is lucky he will get one, if not he will get 15 days or 30 days if enter by air.

I have used the RT Embassy in KL several times over the past years, but for Non Imm B, multi entry. I have to say that the staff and operation at the KL are some of the best I have encountered anywhere. A close second would be the RT Embassy in Jakarta.

Having said that, I also must say I don't have knowledge of how they or any other RTE would treat the repeated issuance of a Tourist Visa on a continuing basis. I would think that your friend might just fall in between the cracks of any visa that would allow the continual staying in the kingdom. To young for retirement , perhaps not married to a Thai [yet] so maybe a education or business visa would fit

Good Luck

On a different continent (and therefore probably not that handy for the OP), the consulate in Hull in the UK is super-efficient, while the consulate in Cardiff provides very personal and professional service and the excuse to visit a superbly regenerated part of the city.

Have never been that impressed by the embassy in London but maybe that's ancient history nowadays.

Edited by folium

You could ask a mod. to move your topic to the Visa Forum, where you would get more up to date and expert answeres. smile.png

I just came back from Vientiane a week ago. I got a double entry, no problem. I had four previous tourist visas in my passport, but they are not all in a row.

Three months ago I was in PP, but also only got a single entry.

You could ask a mod. to move your topic to the Visa Forum, where you would get more up to date and expert answeres. smile.png

Good idea ... done