Kan Airlines Hub In Chiang Mai

theblether

I havent seen many topics on regards to Kan Airlines, they have a hub in Chiang Mai and fly to several Northern locations including Pai, Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son etc I am in Chiang Rai today and I have booked a flight to Chiang Mai on Tuesday ( 10.01.12 ) at a cost of 1490 baht. They have a daily flight to Pai and fly to Chiang Rai 3 times a week.

I have flown with them 3 times before, once to Mae Hong Son and twice from Pai to Chiang Mai. They use brand new Cessna 12 seaters and the experience of flying over the Thai mountains in a light aircraft is fantastic, have a look at them if you are planning to travel in the North.

http://www.kanairlines.com/web/

BTW is flying in a 12-seater plane bumpy...never flown in one before afraid of motion sickness...

So far ( after 4 flights ) I havent experienced any turbulence worth talking about, and as most of the flights are around 30 minutes your hardly in the air long enough for it to be a problem. I have found the the airline to be a godsend, as the check in time is 30 minutes before departure, so no useless hanging around the airport, and they cut the journey times massively.

It must be about a 7 hour drive from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son for example, ( not having driven the whole way I am guessing ), and the flight time is 35 minutes. In as much as I enjoy the scenery when driving the roads can be a bit harem scarem, and given the choice between a cramped mini bus or coach and this option this one wins every time.