Solicitor In Surin?

Hello there,

Well this is my first post here so hope it is ok, and that someone might be able to help me out.

I am trying to help my Thai girlfriend sort out her divorce proceedings, so that we can get married. But we are having problems with the solicitor, to cut a long story short think he is trying to rip her off.

Can anyone reccomend a decent solicitor in Surin (english speaking preferebale)??

Thanks Sy

All I can say is Good Luck. Maybe it might be an idea to go to the Big Hotel and ask them who they might recommend.

On a side point - My wife comes from Surin and doesn't live there any more - I hope we don't share the same partner and I am being divorced in secret !!!!

But Good Luck

Where is the line. Can I get signed up too.

They both need to bring in their copy of marriage license and they will be issued

one similar but it is divorce license. Also may need the terms of divorce drafted by the lawyer. You can do this in a different place from where the marriage was. Cost was not much 1500 baht or so. Less than 10 minutes but arrangements where made before hand. We did everything half and half 50/50. She stays away from me 50 % of the time and the other 50% of the time I stay away from her.

Really simple if both agree, take an extra 1000 baht to get it done quickly as it seems it was a popular thing when I did it ( long lines).

You don't need a lawyer to get an agreed divorce in Thailand and most are done without one. Any paperwork can be written up and signed at the district office by public officials AFAIK. If she can not work out agreement with husband any lawyer should be ok to use. If she has any relative who is a lawyer would recommend use them first.

her X don't get on anymore and haven't spoken for 3 years...

That does not rule out them meeting at an agreed time at the District Office and signing paperwork. It is done all the time.

If she has really not talked with him in 3 years perhaps she should try. Most Thai can be very civil is such situations. Understand he may not want a divorce; but if she has not talked with him how can she be sure?