The Legend Of The Easy Good Girl.

kerryk

http://www.thailandstories.com/article/non-fiction/essays/the-legend-of-the-easy-good-girl.html

Steve Rosse, the author, supposedly lived in Thailand and has written numerous books about it has this to say, “The Easy Good Girl is only as real as a unicorn that eats rainbows and farts butterflies. She’s a pretty dream but eventually we all have to wake up.” And. “a Thai woman who goes anywhere with a foreign man will be treated like a hooker.”

And about us who live in Thailand Steve Rosse writes, “The scumbags litter the bars and brothels like plastic bags litter the gutters, and you know that without a doubt however pretty, however young, however wide-eyed is the bargirl, one of the dregs of humanity was **** ****** last night. There’s no way a human being isn’t going to be damaged by that.

About Thai women in general, “these women would never, not in a million years, consider actually having a relationship with a foreigner.” and “Good Girls might go for coffee with a foreigner, just for the novelty of it and to have a story to share with their girlfriends. But sex? With a farang? Nakriet!

And about men in general, “We are men, and being a man means you defile women.”

Been a long time that I have read such nonsense about men and women and Thailand.

I agree. Typical old school farang thinking.

Literature on current Thai culture needs some new blood. 99% of the blogs, books, etc out there are all written by foreigners who have been in the country far too long and are no longer hip to the latest goings on in this country. I also don't understand why anyone would take much stock in the opinions of non-native people about a culture that is so nationalistic as Thailand.

I don't believe any decent Thai girl would even speak to a foreigner (unless work related).

I don't believe many foreigners can tell the difference between a Thai hooker and a decent Thai girl.

But I'm totally bonkers, what I believe, may not, in any way, relate to reality.!

Edited by ludditeman

I don't believe any decent Thai girl would even speak to a foreigner (unless work related).

I don't believe many foreigners can tell the difference between a Thai hooker and a decent Thai girl.

But I'm totally bonkers, what I believe, may not, in any way, relate to reality.!

It is a fairly dull article to be kind. Kind of rambling and I'm not even sure what the title has to do it. My eyes glazed over from paragraph three. Kerry, you did well to pull out such juicy quotes.

He sounds like he has been stung by one of the bad girls and is now spouting rubbish. He falls into that boring class of people, who can't be happy unless he is slagging people / things off and hates to see anyone happy. What a jerk.gif

I like the website because you can read what some decent authors are writing about Thailand today. This Rosse guy has a bunch of books published but he is so far off the track I feel sorry for those who believe his ramblings. Frankly I think the writing standard on ThaiVisa is superior and the information far more accurate.

Posts have been deleted. You may disagree with another member's opinion but do so in a civil manner. And to then insult someone's wife is just unacceptable. Try to behave like adults that can debate without resorting to insults, thanks.

I laugh at people who analyze 'thai' women in general.

Is it some kind of strange species thats just been discovered?

If someone wrote a book and analyzed the farang in thailand, i bet it would make for a much better read, and much more 'shocking' than the analyzation of thai women which always seems to be - in general.