Ex-Wife Lies On Divorce Papers

Alex456

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if any of you can help me. I am trying to get full custody of my son at the moment here in Bangkok. I was legally married and my name is in his birth certificate. I made the mistake of not having a translator when I signed the divorced papers. When I got it translated all we agreed at the time was OK except for one line where my now ex-wife stated that we were together for a longer time.

Here are the facts: We were together for a period of 4 years. We were legally married for 3 years and 9 months. However on the divorce paper she stated that we were together for a period of 6 years and we were legally married for 3 years and 9 months. This is a false statement on her part.

The only reason why someone would do that, as far as I can see from what I found online, is to cover up for not complying with the 310 days waiting time after a previous divorce or married already (bigamy is not against the law in Thailand). She told me she wasn’t married when I met her and right now I am looking for dirt on her to reinforce my case. I am planning to hire a PI to run a background check when the time comes, however the curiosity factor is not letting me sleep.

Anybody out there, by looking at my case, can see any other reason outside the above ones? Perhaps I will be able to sleep once again.

If you were legally married, the amphur would have blocked the marriage if she didn't qualify. Bigamy is against the law in Thailand an for a marriage within 310 days she would have neded to show a docters attest that she is not pregnant.

You can look up dirt against the mother, but that wont help your case very much and might make you look bad instead. A Thai judge is only concerned with the well being of the child and in the light of that if you are a good parent or not.

Only when you can show that the mother is unable/unfit to take care of the child or even is a danger to the child will the court award sole custody. In all other cases you wil both retain your parental rights, with one parent being the prime care taker where the child lives and the other parent will have the child on certain days.

Throwing dirt will hamper the acces to your child if you will not be the prime care taker. rying to work things out in a friendly fashion is always in th best interest of the child. If you two can't do that, then it will be a dirty war, in which the child suffers.

• Like 1