Children'S Day

CMwanderer

I'd recommend the show at Wing-41, the display of aircraft/equipment is interesting, and the kids like the fun-fair !smile.png

I would give that a pass unless you like being in bumper to bumper traffic for up to 2 1/2 hours! If you or your kids need to use the bathroom you are out of luck. Last year they let cars in knowing there were no parking spots. It took a full 2 hours to get out of the queue of cars. Everyone was in a bad mood after that.

I'd recommend the show at Wing-41, the display of aircraft/equipment is interesting, and the kids like the fun-fair !smile.png

I would give that a pass unless you like being in bumper to bumper traffic for up to 2 1/2 hours! If you or your kids need to use the bathroom you are out of luck. Last year they let cars in knowing there were no parking spots. It took a full 2 hours to get out of the queue of cars. Everyone was in a bad mood after that.

What time did you go? We went last year, had to queue, not too long, parking available. We went mid morning. Intend to go earlier this year.

anyone have timings for the airshow?

most of the morning at least, maybe all day, not sure how long it lasts. We're planning on going early , to avoid the congestion. By early I mean around 8.00 am.

Last year took my children after lunch. Parked car at the airport and walked in. Seemed to avoid all the parking hassle, but still got to see all the fun & games and a wonderful disregard for all basic safety constraints, soldiers handing over weapons willy nilly and F16s starting up barely 20m away from the audience.

Almost as good as a day spent on the high ground overlooking Fairford during the airshow.

• 1 month later...

This year childrens day air shows were very successful. Largest is in Bangkok but we have others throughout country on the same day. Full details are available in local newspapers. Dont miss out next year. Every effort is taken to make it available to all Thai children.

Very successful??? Have you seen the photos circulating on the Internet? You might have a different opinion.