Fighter Jets In Chiang Mai

deesquared

Anyone know why we have had so much fighter jet activity this today in Chiang Mai? During the last 30 mins one jet has been flying low altitude circles around the city. My windows are shaking and I feel like I can almost see his face in the cockpit when he passes by!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time it went over it was pretty scary for a few seconds. Never heard anything like it. I honestly thought a commercial airplane was about to crash. I have no idea what it was about. It's Childrens Day today so maybe it was some kind of flyover to do with that? All my windows seem to still be in tact so that's something I guess.

It looked to me like someone had just got a new toy...?

904 Aggressor Squadron, RTAF, is based at Chiang Mai AFB. It has F-5's. They were flying low over the city last time I was there. These guys do have to practice sometimes...

If memory serves they are the HRH Crown Prince's old outfit.

Does this mean that there was an accindent today at the Children's Day??

I tried to translate with Bling but not sure if it is a good translation

จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ CM108.com

‎** ร่มไม่กาง ดับ ! " **

รับแจ้ง ราวเวลา 13.50 น. ทหารพลร่ม จากกองกำลังผาเมืองโดดร่มโชว์เด็กๆ ในกองบิน 41 แล้วร่มไม่กาง ร่วงกระแทกพื้น เสียชีวิต !

เป็นเรื่องเศร้าในงานวันเด็กที่เชียงใหม่

ภาพโดย คุณเลย์

Google translate:

Notified at approximately 13:50 pm, soldiers, paratroopers from the Parachute troops through the city's children in the Garden Wing 41 are extended. Impact the loss of life!

It's a sad day for children in the city.

Lay your picture.

It says "I would like to offer my condolences for the paratrooper whose parachute failed to open. At The Children's Day party at Wing 41 at 1:50pm today."

From the picture it is clear that the children in attendance for the show saw it all. Sad.

Edited by deesquared

I am in Nakhon Sawan we had 2 F16 Fighting Falcons ( General Dynamics ) over here for the last couple of days doing what you are seeing. The same thing happened last year, just before Chineses New Year. We also had a formation of 4 agricultural survey planes over as well. So that maybe your answer, CNY.

Good noise and a good sight although the 2 did not fly in close formation as the RAF do. looked rather random flying but I suppose they know what they are doing and a good start to the day, this was between 0830-0900 today. Only one plane yesterday.

What I might find odd is the relation [and celebration] of Children's Day and militarism.

Sad that you take the opportunity of someone's death to soapbox, and you probably claim to be a pacifist too.

No he doesn't and he makes a fair point.

If he's a pacifist, are you an aggressor and what's wrong with pacifism anyway ???

When the first jet practically flew over my apartment the first impression i got was - "dam_n...they're going to kick 'someones' ass" - checked my compass and they were headed do East in the direction of Cambodia. cool.png

Well, glad it was only childrens day.

Let's back off on the bickering, remember this is someone's life that was lost who has family and friends. I always went to airshows when I was young and it had nothing to do with militarism but with the beauty of the planes flying and performing stunts you would never normally have a chance to see.

• Like 1