Nakhon Sawan Internet

Hssl

People of Nakhon Sawan what ISP are you using and are you happy with the connection?

I'm with TOT in the centre of town and its pretty crap - really want to change but to what?

Your thoughts please!

TIA

H

Don't know if this will help.

I'm in K.P.Phet and have tried most of them here and there all crap TOT "via phone line" is about the best of a bad bunch. At first I used their 8mb set up but that was rubbish used to get about 3/4 if I was lucky, so changed to their 6mb and now I'm getting average 5.8mb Happy with that. I use to get them out to me about 3 time's every month with the 8mb since I got the 6 never. Been on that just over a year.

Edited by fredob43

I'm in K.P.Phet and have tried most of them here and there all crap TOT "via phone line" is about the best of a bad bunch. At first I used their 8mb set up but that was rubbish used to get about 3/4 if I was lucky, so changed to their 6mb and now I'm getting average 5.8mb Happy with that. I use to get them out to me about 3 time's every month with the 8mb since I got the 6 never. Been on that just over a year.

Hey Fred, I will be installing some kind of internet connection in February. However, I will be out of KP by 47kms, SW, I think. Still can't get the name of the village right, but about 25 kms down 1117. I assume you had to have a phone installed with your TOT connection, any idea of costs and is does your package include a wireless router? No wish to use an aircard as I use internet a lot

Hey Fred, I will be installing some kind of internet connection in February. However, I will be out of KP by 47kms, SW, I think. Still can't get the name of the village right, but about 25 kms down 1117. I assume you had to have a phone installed with your TOT connection, any idea of costs and is does your package include a wireless router? No wish to use an aircard as I use internet a lot

They put my phone in for free but I did have to pay for the wire down my road 300bt that was because my neighbours were on another system, it was all inclusive including the Internet connection. I pay every month 100bt for the phone line + call's and another 580bt something for the 6mb set up all + vat so it's about 740bt in total. I don't have a wireless router as I have not got a note book comp: mine just plug's in the G Mesh box. But they can fit one. Just checked and I'm getting 5.8mb. I'll look up the 117 tomorrow to see where about's you are. I will also ask a mate of mine what system he use's as he has a wireless router, and I don't think it's TOT. Will put another post in tomorrow after I have spoken to him.

They put my phone in for free but I did have to pay for the wire down my road 300bt that was because my neighbours were on another system, it was all inclusive including the Internet connection. I pay every month 100bt for the phone line + call's and another 580bt something for the 6mb set up all + vat so it's about 740bt in total. I don't have a wireless router as I have not got a note book comp: mine just plug's in the G Mesh box. But they can fit one. Just checked and I'm getting 5.8mb. I'll look up the 117 tomorrow to see where about's you are. I will also ask a mate of mine what system he use's as he has a wireless router, and I don't think it's TOT. Will put another post in tomorrow after I have spoken to him.

Update, Have spoken to my chum and he's use's 3B seem's they took the line from the pole outside his house They might have gone through TOT set up he told me. He pay's a bit less than me for 6mb I think that's because he doesn't have the phone line to pay for. Go to TOT and see what they can do, then give 3B a go seem's they are both OK. If you want direction's to either just stick another post in, or send me a P/M and I'll let you have my phone No: Looked up the 1117 and my map doesn't give me any name's of village's, not surprising as there are load's of small one's on the road.

T.T.A.K.P.Phet.

Edited by fredob43

I am with 3bb, seem ok to me and did not try to rip me off like TRUE did. I am just west of Big C ( Centre of cultural Thailand).

Absolutely !!! 3bb is the best I have found, they run in new cables no charge, pay 600bht a month for 6mb but it's always 6.4 or sometimes more, like the lady said, and you can get faster than that from them if you want to pay more.

Hey Fred, thanks for that info. Sounds just like what we have in Pattaya, same prices etc. Just need to get a her indoors on the phone for me. Can't see me getting the Queen's English in KP. I imagine the sticking point will be installation of the phone line.

It looks as though we will be (sort of) neighbours as I live 65 km from Khampaeng Phet on the 1117 past Klong Lan out towards Mae Wong.

It looks as though you are on the KP side on Klong Nam Lai in a small village.

A couple of days ago I finally got a proper TOT internet link though from a microwave tower as we still don't have a phone connection this far out.

I got a 7 mB package and my average so far is around that though it has been over 10 mB downloads and over 1 mB up loads.

It keeps me happy and my wife is happy too as I am not on her back asking when will it be here, phone them up, etc.

Been talking to the other half, she reckons that a few people near her have TOT telephone lines, so it may not be that difficult. Small as the village is, it has 2 internet cafes, so something available, somewhere.

Tried again for name of village, has me beat. Just a bend on the road with a couple of machinery repair places. Looked on Google Earth and it has no name. However, nearest ATM is at Klong Lan, or a bit further to Klong Lan Phattana, both about 25 kms away, I suppose

Been talking to the other half, she reckons that a few people near her have TOT telephone lines, so it may not be that difficult. Small as the village is, it has 2 internet cafes, so something available, somewhere.

Tried again for name of village, has me beat. Just a bend on the road with a couple of machinery repair places. Looked on Google Earth and it has no name. However, nearest ATM is at Klong Lan, or a bit further to Klong Lan Phattana, both about 25 kms away, I suppose

Klong Lan is about 30 and is also known as Klong Nam Lai kms down the 1117and is the amphur town and Klong Lan Patana is about 10 km further on. I am about 6km further on than that at 50.8 km along the route 1117.

Hey Fred, thanks for that info. Sounds just like what we have in Pattaya, same prices etc. Just need to get a her indoors on the phone for me. Can't see me getting the Queen's English in KP. I imagine the sticking point will be installation of the phone line.

I went into TOT and had the lot sorted in under a week 4 day's for the phone line 3 day's after that they fitted the Internet box, and believe it or not it worked. Go for the 6mb system as the 8 is over priced and not that good. As you more than likely know they will only put it in under the Wife/G/L name. Keep us posted on how you get on. Bill's are one of the thing's they are not to good at the last one I got was 4 month's ago. But you still have to pay every month, you can pay as many as you like in advance. I normally pay mine two at a time. Good luck. Edited by fredob43

It looks as though we will be (sort of) neighbours as I live 65 km from Khampaeng Phet on the 1117 past Klong Lan out towards Mae Wong.

A couple of days ago I finally got a proper TOT internet link though from a microwave tower as we still don't have a phone connection this far out.

I got a 7 mB package and my average so far is around that though it has been over 10 mB downloads and over 1 mB up loads.

It keeps me happy and my wife is happy too as I am not on her back asking when will it be here, phone them up, etc.

Wang Pat (or Ba) Kien sounds as if it may be the name of the village. I am abroad but called just to ask her. Thanks for the help

Wang Pat (or Ba) Kien sounds as if it may be the name of the village. I am abroad but called just to ask her. Thanks for the help

No problem.

I have Google Earth open and also my GPS map.

Some way down the road from KhamPhet you come to a 4 lane road and towards the middle of that is a sweeping right turn with a temple on the right. It is fairly big a villages go and I figure it is around that area.

I just looked at this again

Hey Fred, I will be installing some kind of internet connection in February. However, I will be out of KP by 47kms, SW, I think. Still can't get the name of the village right, but about 25 kms down 1117.

I am 50 km from the start of the 1117 at Klong Melai and the route 1 and KP is another 8 km further on.

No matter. Perhaps we will meet some time.

Cheers

Bill