Cheshire Cheese In Chiang Mai

sysardman

Try Rimping or TOPS (part-owned by Waitrose), but be prepared to pay a horrific price for it !

Have tried Rimping, plenty of Cheddar, lots of exotic stuff too but have never seen Cheshire. I noticed a Thai dairy products place while searching on the Internet that claims to make Lancashire cheese which I think is pretty similar so if anybody has seen this for sale (their website only mentions outlets in Pattaya)

Try Rimping or TOPS (part-owned by Waitrose), but be prepared to pay a horrific price for it !

Have tried Rimping, plenty of Cheddar, lots of exotic stuff too but have never seen Cheshire. I noticed a Thai dairy products place while searching on the Internet that claims to make Lancashire cheese which I think is pretty similar so if anybody has seen this for sale (their website only mentions outlets in Pattaya)

When I see the suffering of the farang in Chiang Mai due to their Cheshire cheese withdrawal symptoms I can only suggest that we start a Cheshire Cheese Club, in which each member is duty bound to bring a kilo of CC from the UK after each visit for distribution. This will bring Cheshire Cheese styled-grins to the faces of us expats who share this suffering. The Dutch will understand. Meanwhile I am also desperate for some bleue de Carrouges. Any helpers here?

I suggest that you go back to Rimping every once in a while, since what they have in stock changes considerably over time. I have even seen Sage Derby in there (the Nim City shop) ohmy.png

/ Priceless

When I see the suffering of the farang in Chiang Mai due to their Cheshire cheese withdrawal symptoms I can only suggest that we start a Cheshire Cheese Club, in which each member is duty bound to bring a kilo of CC from the UK after each visit for distribution. This will bring Cheshire Cheese styled-grins to the faces of us expats who share this suffering. The Dutch will understand. Meanwhile I am also desperate for some bleue de Carrouges. Any helpers here?

You have no idea mate - you know when you crave a cheese butty and all you've got is Cheddar, it's like offering a couple of aspirin to a heroin addict, it just doesn't cut it. I mean where would Wallace be without his Wensleydale? the guy built a rocket to the moon for his fix!!!!

I like the Cheshire Cheese Club idea though, the CCC, we could dress up in cheesecloth robes and hoods and burn crosses in the supermarkets that don't sell Cheshire cheese.

bleue de Carrouges - is that infectious?

You have no idea mate - you know when you crave a cheese butty and all you've got is Cheddar, it's like offering a couple of aspirin to a heroin addict, it just doesn't cut it. I mean where would Wallace be without his Wensleydale? the guy built a rocket to the moon for his fix!!!!

I like the Cheshire Cheese Club idea though, the CCC, we could dress up in cheesecloth robes and hoods and burn crosses in the supermarkets that don't sell Cheshire cheese.

Hmmm, sounds a bit kinky to me. giggle.gif

hi, are you from Cheshire ?

You need to use the quote function so we know who you are aiming the question at - if it's me, then no I'm not but I appreciate a nice crumbly tangy cheese not that tasteless rubber stuff known as Cheddar (Ok I know there's mature Cheddars that have some taste but it's the combination of texture and taste I prefer).

Edited by sysardman

You need to use the quote function so we know who you are aiming the question at - if it's me, then no I'm not but I appreciate a nice crumbly tangy cheese not that tasteless rubber stuff known as Cheddar (Ok I know there's mature Cheddars that have some taste but it's the combination of texture and taste I prefer).

There is Cheddar Cheese and there is Cheddar Cheese, if you have savoured the ''real'' stuff you might be surprised. licklips.gif

There is Cheddar Cheese and there is Cheddar Cheese, if you have savoured the ''real'' stuff you might be surprised. licklips.gif

Sorry didn't mean to start a debate about cheese and I did acknowledge that some Cheddars do have a taste but the majority sold here don't meet that criteria.

the selection of cheese here is so sad, im a real cheese lover and also missing the good italian salamis.

many good foods im missing right now.

Sad and expensive try Thai food.

Sad, not really, speaking for myself I do eat my fair share of Thai food but it's nice sometimes to have a 'taste of home' . And by that I don't mean the Big Macs and BurgerKings and other rubbish touted as western food.

Mainland (NZ brand ) "Vintage" is a nice substitute for Brits in need of a cheese fix.

Aged 24 mo., firm but slight crumbly texture. Sharp bite, melts well and goes great with pears and port wine.

(Yes, I know it is officially a "cheddar" style cheese).

Northern Farm- 170 THB for 250 g

Expand your horizons...take a walk on the wild side- try it, you'll like it. licklips.gif

they definately have Cheshire cheese at Rimping Nim City. It is in the cool shelf near the wine area, below the self with cheese slices.

Whoa an actual answer to my question, my local Rimping is Meechock but I would have thought they held the same stock. Anyhow thanks for the info.

where does cheddar and cheshire cheese come from?......custard creams, mmmmmmmmm!

Cows.

I thought it was milk that came from cows, never known one to produce cheese before.

apparently if you spin a cow around for 20 minutes or so, you get cheese, read that somewhere.

This will then be regarded as the Chiang Mai "KU KLUX KLAN"

Edited by personchester

apparently if you spin a cow around for 20 minutes or so, you get cheese, read that somewhere.

Sorry that's butter you're thinking of and for best results you take them on the Big Dipper ride at Blackpool, it makes their stomachs 'churn'.

Sorry that's butter you're thinking of and for best results you take them on the Big Dipper ride at Blackpool, it makes their stomachs 'churn'.

From Cheshire to Blackpool all in one thread, that's getting around a bit but what about all this French cheese and various Pate's I keep getting flyers about in the post from Big C, but when I look for it it's never on the shelves? When inquiring with staff I get a bemused look or 'don't know'. Seems the huge numbers of staff employed in this country are never taught anything about the job they are supposed to know something about. Meanwhile I'm still craving, especially the Pate'.

From Cheshire to Blackpool all in one thread, that's getting around a bit but what about all this French cheese and various Pate's I keep getting flyers about in the post from Big C, but when I look for it it's never on the shelves? When inquiring with staff I get a bemused look or 'don't know'. Seems the huge numbers of staff employed in this country are never taught anything about the job they are supposed to know something about. Meanwhile I'm still craving, especially the Pate'.

It's called bait - put all those tempting offers in the brochures and get the punters flocking in only to find it's all gone (if it really existed in the first place). Well might as well buy some of the other rubbish while we're here, how about some cheddar cheese.

Cheshire to Blackpool, real international jetset stuff

Remember the days of a great dinner and THEN.......... The cheese board turns up whilst the waiter pours a tall schooner of the finest Port. Decisions, decisions of which cheese to attack first. licklips.gif

Yep the choice here is awesome - red cheddar, yellow cheddar, white cheddar, sliced cheddar, diced cheddar, grated cheddar, hard cheddar, soft cheddar, runny cheddar.